HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

ROMANCE BOOKS BY THEMES > Second Chance / Reunion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (last edited Dec 25, 2015 03:19AM) (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1173 comments Mod
Hello everyone, please let's discuss those Romance books that are based on the theme: 

"Second Chance / Reunion

Thanks...! :-) 

message 2: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Bower Whisky in a Teacup by C.S. Bower

My debut novel Whisky in a Teacup has a "second chance" theme.

message 3: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1) Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1) by Judith McNaught and Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2) Perfect (Second Opportunities #2) by Judith McNaught by Judith McNaught are among my most favourite Contemporary Romance books :-)

In my opinion, Judith McNaught is highly talented in delightfully addictive writing, witty dialogues, humorous situations, intricate plots, interesting stories, emphasizing important qualities in relationships, skilful characterisation, inventing lovable protagonists, and weaving superb romance, including both 'ideal love' and 'physical chemistry', between them. 

I very much appreciate her abilities to invoke emotions, develop empathy and emotional attachment with characters, ...and above all, her flair for creating, extremely wonderful and absolutely enthralling, male protagonists...! 

Here I should add that Matthew Farrell, the 'hero' of Paradise, is one of my favourite male protagonists of Romance books :-)

Anyway, not only does her wonderful writing make me get both emotionally and mentally involved in the characters and their stories ...but also, her books always leave me feeling contented and immensely happy :-)

message 4: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Would also like to share about another book based on this theme that I recently read and enjoyed:

My One and Only My One and Only by Kristan Higgins by Kristan Higgins.

message 5: by Wordaholic (new)

Wordaholic (wordaholicme) Someone to watch over me, by McNaught is superb read too. Reunion and one sided love going mutual is very touching :).

message 6: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Huma wrote: "Someone to watch over me, by McNaught is superb read too. Reunion and one sided love going mutual is very touching :)."

Yes Huma, you are right. Someone to Watch Over Me Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught is a wonderful Contemporary Romantic Suspense by Judith McNaught :-) However, I must mention that the Romantic aspect seemed to me to be based more on the theme of Unrequited Love than Second Chance / Reunion since for a long time only one of them had feelings for the other. Though I guess one can also call it a bit of Second Chance / Reunion since they were once sort of friends who got reunited after a few years of separation.

message 7: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Almost Heaven Almost Heaven (Sequels, #3) by Judith McNaught by Judith McNaught is also a wonderful book. It's a Historical Romance ...and in my opinion, is based on the theme Second Chance / Reunion too. It's hero Ian Thornton is one of my favourite male protagonists in Romance books ...moreover, he is a genius so I guess the theme Brainy/Genius Hero/Heroine can also be applied here.

message 8: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 7 comments I've read a few Second Chance/Reunion books. I really like these types of books and can't wait to try some of these out!

Blind Date, Checkmate by Veronica Blade is one of my absolute favorites. And the mail characters name is Shelby, which makes it even better!

Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1) by Nicole Jacquelyn Lily's Mistake (It's Always Been You, #1) by Pamela Ann Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas

These are really good books too!

message 9: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Recently read:

The Girl He Left Behind The Girl He Left Behind by Shilpa Suraj by Shilpa Suraj.

My Rating: 4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much...!

Rescued by Love Rescued by Love by Shilpa Suraj by Shilpa Suraj.

My Rating: 4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much...!

message 10: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 18 comments THE GIRL YOU LEFT BEHIND by JoJo Moyes is a great book.

message 11: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 6 comments Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting. New book, specifically a hockey romance.

message 12: by HR-ML (last edited Mar 11, 2019 09:26AM) (new)

HR-ML (hr-movielover) The Courtship Dance
I have recommended this 2nd chance HR book many times. But honestly I am no kin to the author: LOL!!!

message 13: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone :-)