HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

ROMANCE BOOKS BY THEMES > Much Older Hero or Heroine

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (last edited Oct 30, 2019 07:28AM) (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1164 comments Mod
Hello everyone,

Please let's discuss those Romance books that are based on the theme: 

"Much Older Hero or Heroine

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Riegger | 29 comments Jane Eyre. A classic and one of the first "romance" novels I read. Not sure if he qualifies as a "hero" by your definition :-) but I liked his character.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Wall | 6 comments i generally like books with older heroes probley 28 to 40ish , with the heroine a bit younger, (apart from one or two when the hero is younger than the heroine eg "suddenly you by lisa klyepass) , one of my favorite of this type is "what i did for a duke by julie anne long" the hero was nearly twice her age it didn't have any yak factor and is a lovely written romance xxxx

message 4: by Gabrielle (last edited May 04, 2015 09:39AM) (new)

Gabrielle (ladyofbookscoffee) Maria wrote: "Jane Eyre. A classic and one of the first "romance" novels I read. Not sure if he qualifies as a "hero" by your definition :-) but I liked his character."

His basically the definition of a Byronic character/hero.

message 5: by Katariina (new)

Katariina (katariinao) | 9 comments I am reading Beast by Judith Ivory by Judith Ivory and the heroine is 18 and hero is about 33-35. I really love this book. It goes to my all time favorites list.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

An old favorite that came to mind Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood

message 7: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone :-)

message 9: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Thanks for the recommendations, Pink Angel :-)

message 10: by C. (last edited Nov 04, 2019 04:19AM) (new)

C. | 45 comments EWWWW, sorry but May/December romances are ones that I try to avoid! I just find them gross, and not in the least bit romantic.
I just can't get past the'"Dirty Old Man" connotation of such a situation!
I prefer no more than 5 years age difference.