Warriors: Reborn {Semi-Advanced Roleplay} discussion

Generalities > Name Ranking

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe || | 207 comments Mod
If you want to see what I think of your character names then just post them here! Its basically an outlet for me to set me criticism free so.... ;)

message 2: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) How does Amberclaw, Flamefur, Orangeleaf, Dovetail, Leafstep, and Silentwind sound to you?

message 3: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Amberclaw - Amberclaw, simple yet unique. Not many cat's have been named Amber__ but they definitely use it a description of eye color. Claw is a frequently used suffix but it suits such an uncommon prefix. 8/10
Flamefur - Flamefur, very classic name. Probably something that would be used somewhere in the first and second series. Simple and classic, flows well. Usually I wouldn't support alliteration (repeat of letter/sounds) for warrior names, but this one somehow excuses that. 5/10
Orangeleaf - Orangeleaf, very original. I have yet to hear of a warrior/meddie named with the prefix orange. It wouldn't be my first pick but hearing it combined with -leaf does give the illusion of leaf-fall. Perhaps if that was his/her birth-season it would be logical. However, I do enjoy this name for an auburn or ginger cat. 7/10
Dovetail - Dovetail, modern and reserved. I've aways had a soft spot for the prefix Dove. I find it sets off the mindset of a beautiful cat with a bright spirit. Using -tail does give it hat classic 'first series' touch that I always love to see in a cat. It puts them in as traditional and committed to their Clan such as Firestar and Greystripe were. 8/10
Leafstep - Leafstep; classic, unique, beautiful. Not many would choose the suffix -step as their first pick. It has never been one of the commonly used ones, seeing as it is such a simple thing as a step. Leafstep, though, shows the softness of the falling leaves and the power of a step. I presume a gentle cat with a fierce side, something all warriors should strive to be. 9/10
Silentwind - Silentwind, elegant and uncommon. Everything about this name screams special. There are very few cats prefixed as Silent-. I believe it is beautiful if paired with the right suffix. Silentwind, though very unique, is not my favorite name you have concocted. It doesn't flow right in the mind or on the tongue. To be completely honest, it reminds me of a fart! Perhaps Silentleaf or Silentbreeze would better suit your cat? 3/10

Commentary done by Tay.

-Tay

message 4: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) Thanks! Actually for Dovetail and Leafstep it's like you guessed their personalities! O-O

message 5: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Haha success then!

message 6: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) ^-^

message 7: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) I actually have some more if your interested.

message 8: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Hit me with 'em!

message 9: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) Snowstorm, Greenivy,(With this one any other suffix ideas?) Redleaf, Acornwhisker, and Brightlight.

message 10: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Snowstorm - very classic and simple. Portrays a white cat with a dangerous side. Flows well, easy on the eyes (haha). Not so unique but I like it. 9/10

Greenivy - Reminds me of Blue Ivy, the celebrity baby! Not my first choice of name or character but it's interesting. Seems contradictive seeing as ivy is quite usually green, but maybe your cat has grass stains. 2/10

Redleaf - alternative suffixes could possibly be -cloud, -stream, -ripple. It's a very strong name as it is, very basic and down to earth. This cat doesn't need a fancy name to know he/she is a powerful cat. 6/10

Acornwhisker - lengthy and unique. It flows nicely and has a variety of possibly images. You could pick a brown tabby, ideally, or any cat with some sort of forest-like resemblance. 8/10

Brightlight - as I mentioned earlier, alliteration is a no-go in my book. This seems more like someone describing the sun than a name for a cat. Possibly Brightspark, Lightsong, Skyshine. 2/10

message 11: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) Cool! Thanks! ^-^ (Acornwhisker has a calico pelt, Brightlight is still a work in progress as well... :/ Orangeleafs whole name also came from Redleaf you'll see a history for that soon! :p)

message 12: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Alright, I'm excited!

message 13: by juno. (last edited Jun 09, 2015 02:24AM) (new)

juno. (junosummers) Could you critique the names Mooncall and Moonsplash? I'm having a hard time deciding which to go with. Also, could you critique the names Frostice and Willowsong? Thank you so much!

message 14: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Mooncall - it is very rare that a cat is given the prefix of moon-. To them, the moon is a sacred thing that is not to me made jokingly (moonpool, clouds covering the moon, etc.). Therefore, any cat who is given such a rare name has to have some sort of sacred rank in the clan. i.e. Moonflower was Bluestar's mother. Perhaps your cat is a medicine cat? However, this name is very unique and special. It reminds me of a wolf-like cat that often spends time gazing at the moon/stars. 8/10

Moonsplash - once again, the prefix moon-. You already know my thoughts on that do let's move along. Moonsplash seems lighthearted and spunky, a cat who everyone looks to for positivity. It flows well, and it had that but of a unique touch to give it a magnificent image. 9.5/10

Frostice - contradicting, in my mind. Frost and ice are basically the same thing, though I understand your interest in both of them. It all depends on personality and preference. Maybe your cat has an icy heart. White cat, frosty blue eyes? Either way, this name portrays a beautiful cat with a dangerous side (but also a huge sense of loyalty to his/her clan). 8/10

Willowsong - this name, though very nice, is one that I've heard of/seen a few times. It's very nice, but when everyone wants their own unique name, it begins to grow repetitive. However, the name is indeed a favorite of mine and quite beautiful. 9/10

message 15: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

There you go, love!

message 16: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (chloewalcher) Willow-whisper, Sorrelberry, Birchleaf, Dawnsky, andDuskcloud.

message 17: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (last edited Jun 10, 2015 12:49PM) (new)

Willow-whisper - this name I find elegant and unique. I like the alliteration in this and I picture a very beautiful cat. 9/10

Sorrelberry - I blatantly enjoy the use of prefixes from the first series. Rarely anyone uses the traditional names anymore. You have broken me down and gotten a 10/10 for this one. 10/10

Birchleaf - A also enjoy this name greatly, as it could go male or female. I picture a strong warrior, loyal, probably ThunderClan. 10/10

Dawnsky - I feel as if this is a fairly amateur name. One that a new warrior fan would make, seeing as dawn is a very beautiful and basic name. I do love it, though. 7/10

Duskcloud - Fairly original, I like it. I do think this is a strong name that flows well. It opens a window to an array of descriptions which is always a good idea for character building. 8/10

message 18: by мαr ♚ (new)

мαr ♚ Mkay... Can you critique the names Minnowsplash, Smallbird, Tornshade, Cinderspark, and Batflight?

message 19: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Minnowsplash - very unique. Not many would choose Minnow- for their name. It truly is one of my favorite prefixes. I assume this is a RiverClan cat. As I've said before, these types of names open the doors for a wide variety of descriptions which I find very helpful. 10/10

Smallbird - Classic, simple, beautiful. This name speaks to me on many levels, as it reminds me of Birdsong from SkyClan. I really love this name in all it's simplicity. 9/10

Tornshade - very original. Not many use the prefix torn- for their cats. It's a rare sight and I love to see it in roleplay groups. 8/10

Cinderspark - I have always had a soft spot for the prefix Cinder-. Ever since the first series I believe it shows a brave soul and a loyal warrior. Definitely a favorite. 10/10

Batflight - Not my favorite. I do like the image it gives off, though I do have a certain distaste for bats. My opinion is definitely biased on this. 3/10

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America  (givealittleloveandsaveanimals) | 10 comments Shimmersong, Raindapple, Briardawn, Frostpelt

message 21: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

Shimmersong - beautiful, unique. I feel like many RPers use -song for their cats since it always has a beautiful ring to it. I am guilty of that XD. It is very nice though, flows well. 8/10

Raindapple - I love it. Hands down, one of my favorites. I don't even know what to say because I like it so much. 10/10

Briardawn - Same with this one. I love the name briar, it's beautiful itself. Paired with Dawn you've made it your own and that's beautiful. 10/10

Frostpelt - reminds me of Frostfur. *starts crying* It's simple, elegant, classic. Very nice, kudos to you. 8/10

message 22: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) Sorry for the late reply but thank you! :)

message 23: by Tαy || dαɴce тo вreαтнe ||, The Blonde One (new)

No problem!

message 24: by Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (last edited Jun 13, 2015 08:50PM) (new)

Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (birdsong231) | 21 comments Blackclaw, Bramblestorm, Silvermist and Birdsong
(Please ignore that the names Blackclaw and birdsong were used in the books...)

message 25: by Stormclaw (new)

Stormclaw Talonfur, Stormtail, Rowanpelt, Oakclaw.