The History Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
HBC READATHONS 2018 - ON HOLD > 2015 - Readathon Two - Date: April 25th, 2015 - CHECK-OUT - HARD STOP - 8 AM ON APRIL 26TH - FINAL CHECKOUT - THIS IS CHECKPOINT SEVEN - WHICH IS CHECKOUT - LAST STOP - MANDATORY FOR TOTALS - FINAL TALLIES - MANDATORY CHECKPOINT - ONLY CHECK OUT THREAD

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 24, 2015 10:26PM) (new)

Bentley | 44207 comments Mod
2015 - Readathon Two Date: April 25th, 2015 - FINISH TIME 8AM ON APRIL 26TH WHEREVER YOU ARE GLOBALLY) - THIS IS THE CHECKOUT THREAD

We hope you had a good time at the Readathon. CHECK-OUT IS HERE.

a) Please list the books completed if any and genres and how many pages in the book that you read during the readathon. Only pages read during the readathon itself count towards the readathon page total but the book when completed (if during the readathon) can count towards books completed. This is the tally thread for all of the checkpoint segments. Tally and list books and authors where you have read any pages.

b) Let us know the books you read or are reading - start and finish pages and genre.
You can read 10 books if you like - if you want to read them each a little bit at a time that is also allowed but you must let us know your start and end pages and all of the book details. Also tally them up here on the checkout thread.

c) How much time did you read total during the 24 hour readathon? This is the tally thread for all of your checkpoints in the readathon.

d) List all of the books completed over the total readathon - citations please - title and author.

e) Tally all of your pages read and how much total time did you read and how many pages

f) Let us know your timezone and location.

So here is an example:

a) Completed one book: The Jewel in the Crown by Paul Scott - Genre - Historical Fiction - read all 482 pages for readathon. Total time spend reading during the readathon was 7 hours or all 24 hours or 1 hour.

The Jewel in the Crown (The Raj Quartet, #1) by Paul Scott by Paul Scott Paul Scott

Genre was historical fiction.

Metro NYC - Eastern Standard Time

or

b) Completed one book: The Jewel in the Crown by Paul Scott - Genre - Historical Fiction - read all 482 pages for readathon.

The Jewel in the Crown (The Raj Quartet, #1) by Paul Scott by Paul Scott Paul Scott

Metro NYC - Eastern Standard Time

and started the next book

b) The Day of the Scorpion - Genre - Historical Fiction - read from 1 - page 200 - have not completed book yet.

Paul Scott by Paul Scott The Day of the Scorpion (The Raj Quartet, #2) by Paul Scott

or

b) The Day of the Scorpion - Genre - Historical Fiction - read from 1 - page 200 - have not completed book yet.

Paul Scott by Paul Scott The Day of the Scorpion (The Raj Quartet, #2) by Paul Scott

Note: In all of these instances - there are totals and stats being counted.

First we will make a list of books completed during the readathon even if the book had already been started before the readathon - if you finished the book finally during the readathon they count to that total, then second, we count the total number of pages read during the readathon, and then we count and list all of the different books started during the readathon, and finally the different genres read during the readathon and what these genres were with a count. And then your location and timezone.

We will also list all of the proud participants in the first History Book Club Readathon.

Congrats.

FOLKS FROM THE PREVIOUS READATHON WE HAVE COME UP WITH THE SIMON TEMPLATE CREATED BY ONE OF OUR ADMINS - IT MAKES THINGS EASIER - JUST DO IT LIKE HE DID - HERE IS THE SAMPLE:

Here is what Simon did for his checkout and I think this is a pretty compact way of doing your tallies if you have not already done them. This is the MANDATORY CHECK OUT THREAD.

I replicated his post here:

The Nixon Defense What He Knew and When He Knew It by John W. Dean by John W. Dean John W. Dean

Final Tally - 105 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 2.45 hours
Genres: Non fiction and Politics - 1
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 2 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books Competed - 0
Total Number of Books in Progress - 1

message 2: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 24, 2015 10:19PM) (new)

We will give you until Noon on April 26th to complete your check-out but all reading needs to be completed (that will count in the April 25th readathon 24 hour period) no later than April 26th, 2015 (at your 8AM) wherever you are in the world.

For example, in some parts of the world folks would be starting the readathon on our April 24th which could be 24 hours before our start time on April 25th but if they want to participate they must also complete their 24 hour period when we start on our April 25th start time at 8AM which probably in Asia is their April 26th.

This would be due to the international date line. We have included the time line thread for all. If you have any questions - just ask - we are here to help you.

In Europe for example if you are in the UK - you could start at your 8AM on April 25th which is 5 hours ahead of us but then you have to end at your 8AM on April 26th even though we in the US on the East Coast have 5 hours more to go.

On the West Coast you do not have to get up at 5AM to start with us at 8AM on the East Coast. Just use your 8AM as the start time on April 25th and end at your 8AM on April 26th.

And finally - the next Readathon after the completion of the April 25th, 2015 one is - 2015 - Readathon Three Date: June 6th, 2015
- so mark your calendars.

message 3: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 24, 2015 10:20PM) (new)

To be Updated

This is the check out thread for the second readathon - April 25th, 2015 at 8AM (start-time) until April 26th, 2015 (finish-time)

THIS IS CHECKOUT. - MANDATORY

message 4: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

CHECK-OUT - CHECKPOINT SEVEN

We hope you had a good time at the Readathon. CHECK-OUT IS HERE.

a) Please list the books completed if any and genres and how many pages in the book that you read during the readathon. Only pages read during the readathon itself count towards the readathon page total but the book when completed (if during the readathon) can count towards books completed. This is the tally thread for all of the checkpoint segments. Tally and list books and authors where you have read any pages.

b) Let us know the books you read or are reading - start and finish pages and genre.
You can read 10 books if you like - if you want to read them each a little bit at a time that is also allowed but you must let us know your start and end pages and all of the book details. Also tally them up here on the checkout thread.

c) How much time did you read total during the 24 hour readathon? This is the tally thread for all of your checkpoints in the readathon.

d) List all of the books completed over the total readathon - citations please - title and author.

e) Let us know your timezone and location

message 5: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 24, 2015 10:21PM) (new)

Place Holder for Check out (I will do tallies etc at the end) - SAMPLE FROM PREVIOUS READATHON

Hello Bentley here on the Eastern Seaboard of the USA - Timezone is EST. Metro NYC (my location and timezone)

I am beginning The Jewel in the Crown by Paul Scott (name of book and author)

The Jewel in the Crown (The Raj Quartet, #1) by Paul Scott by Paul Scott Paul Scott (citation)

This book is Historical Fiction (genre)

Start Page to Ending Page - 100 pages read total (1 - 100)

Time spent actually reading - 2 hours - Time spent on reading and time spent on actual readathon 20 hours on readathon admin

No books completed. (any books completed)

I am officially checked into the Readathon and completed Five checkpoints and Checkout.

Final Tally - 100 pages
Total Time Reading 2 hours
Total Time on Readathon Admin - 20 hours
Total Checkpoints Utilized - 5 Checkpoints and One Checkout

e) Let us know your timezone and location

message 6: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

SAMPLE FROM PREVIOUS READATHON:

I am proud of all of you. Everybody remember you have to check out to do your totals - whether you read for one hour or 24 or somewhere in between. This is the place to do your tally. Check message one for an example.

d) How many total pages did you read?

e) List all of the books completed over the total readathon - citations please - title and author.

f) Let us know your timezone and location.

message 7: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

THE SIMON CHECK OUT TEMPLATE - I WOULD ADVISE USING THIS TEMPLATE FOR YOUR CHECK OUTS AND TALLIES - THIS IS THE EASIEST AND THE MOST COMPACT WAY OF DOING IT

FOLKS FROM THE PREVIOUS READATHON WE HAVE COME UP WITH THE SIMON TEMPLATE CREATED BY ONE OF OUR ADMINS - IT MAKES THINGS EASIER - JUST DO IT LIKE HE DID - HERE IS THE SAMPLE:

Here is what Simon did for his checkout and I think this is a pretty compact way of doing your tallies if you have not already done them. This is the MANDATORY CHECK OUT THREAD.

The Nixon Defense What He Knew and When He Knew It by John W. Dean by John W. Dean John W. Dean

message 8: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Folks everytime we do this we always find folks who want to participate but fail to join and set up their shelves properly so that they can get full credit:

You must join!

Very important:

How To Join In:
Click on the title at the top - The HBC Readathons. Please then join by simply signing in at the bottom and say how many books you plan to read for one or more of the readathon dates - there will be six readathon dates throughout the year; then create your own personal shelf to add the books which you would like to tackle during one readathon or more readathons. That is all there is to it and goodreads will keep track. Become your own marathoner in reading books on the readathon dates and we will keep track of your progress in terms of titles of books, number of books, number of pages, and different genres. Give it a whirl and see how much reading you can get done and take a stab at that big "to be read" pile of books that we all have.

Note: Don't forget to set up your shelf first and then add the name of that shelf here when setting up the challenge for your readathon.

And here are some links to the Readathon folder which will be updated:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Revanth (last edited Apr 25, 2015 09:50AM) (new)

Revanth Ukkalam | 6 comments Hi ! I guess I've guess I've finished my readathon challenge of three books

Cyrus the Great by Jacob Abbott by Jacob Abbott Jacob Abbott

Darius the Great Ancient Ruler of the Persian Empire by Jacob Abbott by Jacob Abbott Jacob Abbott

Xerxes by Jacob Abbott by Jacob Abbott Jacob Abbott

Final tally : 883
Total time reading : 9
Genres : Ancient History, Biography
Total books read : 3
Total number of books in progress : 0

3 Check-in's and Checkout

message 10: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 25, 2015 03:37PM) (new)

Revanth Ukkalam (in India) you should probably have utilized the other check in's because obviously you used the entire time today/yesterday to read 883 pages which is a great accomplishment. I doubt you could have accomplished all of that in just 12 hours. It is fine to add the check in templates in advance because I did not realize that there was anybody joining us from Asia (India) and you did not have the ability to really post as you were reading.

Additionally. you have to follow the template:

Here is an example of what a completed template looks like:

You have the citations and have done a very good job with them. The only improvement that I would suggest is placing one blank space before the word by and one blank space after - but you are progressing nicely with your citations.

You have the total books read and the books and the number of pages. But I don't think one can under normal circumstances read all of those pages in simply 7 hours - so I think you need to post and divide this up into the other 3 check-ins that you did not utilize. Your genres are fine too,

I also do not see the total books in progress - are there any other books that you just started? If so, you should add those books as a separate line item with their citation(s).

Finally you must add the Location line again:

Location: Your country and city if available and your timezone. Otherwise you have done splendidly for your first time.

On the next readathon you will actually begin earlier because you are really time wise 7:50PM right now whereas we are 10:21AM - 11 and a quarter hours later than we are here. We always want you to use your own local time where you live and post accordingly to your time - you should have started at 8AM - your time which would have meant that you would have started over 11 hours earlier than we did.

But this was not your fault - it was mine for not providing the threads to do so.

Good job thus far but you should add what I suggested especially the Location line:.

Here is an example of what a completed template looks like:

message 11: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 25, 2015 03:37PM) (new)

THIS IS THE CHECKOUT THREAD - THE FINAL THREAD - NO MATTER IF YOU COMPLETE SIX CHECK INS OR ONE OR SOMETHING IN BETWEEN - EVERYBODY MUST CHECK OUT AND DO THEIR TOTALS - THAT IS MANDATORY.

Here is a sample checkout using the Simon Check Out Template:

message 12: by Gyoza (last edited Apr 26, 2015 01:14AM) (new)

Gyoza | 240 comments I read Animal Farm by George Orwell and At a Century's Ending by George F. Kennan.

Animal Farm by George Orwell by George Orwell

At a Century's Ending Reflections, 1982-1995 by George F. Kennan by George F. Kennan

Final Tally: 187 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading: 4 hours & 17 mins.
Genres: Historical essays & speeches, Fiction
Total Checkpoints Utilised: 3 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books Completed: 1
Total Number of Books in Progress: 1

message 13: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 25, 2015 03:43PM) (new)

Here is an example of what a completed Check Out template looks like Gyoza::

Your posting is missing a lot.

Are you done?

Gyoza where are you located and what is your timezone:

Location: Place, Timezone (your posting does not have any of these

message 14: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Mar 27, 2016 08:30AM) (new)

At a Century's Ending: Reflections, 1982-1995
by George F. Kennan

At a Century's Ending Reflections, 1982-1995 by George F. Kennan by George F. Kennan George F. Kennan

Final Tally: Gyoza you have to add uo all of the pages in all books that you read in the readathon today

Total Reading Time: Gyoza in the check out thread this means for you to total up all of the reading time for all of the Check-Ins. I think you have made a mistake here.

You have the genre - done

Totall Checkpoints utilized: Gyoza this is where you have officially checked in and registered. It appears to me that you are not registered

You are not posting the right template.

message 15: by Samanta (new)

Samanta   (almacubana) Cleopatra A Life by Stacy Schiff by Stacy Schiff Stacy Schiff

With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men, #4) by Linda Kage by Linda Kage Linda Kage

Final Tally - 380 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 11.05 hours
Genres: Non - Fiction and Biography -1
Fiction and Contemporary romance - 1
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 5 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books in Progress - 2

message 16: by Helga (last edited Apr 26, 2015 05:24AM) (new)

Helga Cohen (hcohen) | 591 comments Check Out-Check Point 7
A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren by Elizabeth Warren

Final Tally 367pages
Total Time Reading 11hours
Genre non-fiction/biographies and memoirs/political leadership
Total checkpoints 3 +1 check out
Number of books completed 1
Location EST, USA

message 17: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 25, 2015 07:10PM) (new)

CHECK OUTS

Helga
Samanta
Gyoza
Revanth Ukkalam

message 18: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 311 comments Final Checkout

Total Pages - 351 pages (all books)

Total Time Reading - 10 hours, 55 minutes

Genres: History, WWII

Total Checkpoints - 4 Checkpoints and One Checkout

Total Number Books Completed - 1
Rescue at Los Banos The Most Daring Prison Camp Raid of World War II by Bruce Henderson by Bruce Henderson Bruce Henderson

Total Number Books in Progress - 1
Japan 1941 Countdown to Infamy by Eri Hotta by Eri Hotta (no photo)

Location- Belle Chasse, LA - Central Time

message 19: by Gyoza (new)

Gyoza | 240 comments Sorry about that, Bentley. I just edited my checkout post to fit the template. At the time I wasn't sure whether or not I'd be able to check in again, but I was able to join in on Check in #4 & finished my book!
And yes it's the only book I've read so far on this readathon.

message 20: by Jill (last edited Apr 26, 2015 09:38AM) (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I'm off to bed, so will check out with final tallies. I am pleased with my progress during this second Readathon.....these are lots of fun.

That Woman The Life of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor by Anne Sebba by Anne Sebba Anne Sebba Completed
Village of Secrets Defying the Nazis in Vichy France by Caroline Moorehead by Caroline Moorehead Caroline Moorehead
Tune in Yesterday The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio, 1925-1976 by John Dunning by John Dunning (no photo)

Final Tally - 519 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading: 8 hours
Genres: Biography, WWII, and History of Radio
Total Checkpoints Utilized - 4 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books Competed - 1
Total Number of Books in Progress - 2

message 21: by Simon (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:12AM) (new)

Simon Taylor Monarchy England and Her Rulers from the Tudors to the Windsors  by David Starkey by David Starkey David Starkey

Final Tally - 77 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 2.25 hours
Genres: UK History - 1

message 22: by Dan (new)

Dan | 4 comments Completed:
Brazen Chariots by Robert Crisp by Robert Crisp Robert Crisp
In progress: Lee's Lieutenants A Study In Command (Volume I Manassas to Malvern Hill) by Douglas Southall Freeman by Douglas Southall Freeman Douglas Southall Freeman

Final Tally: 145
Total time: 3 hours
Genres: History
Checkpoints: 2 checkpoints and one checkout
Total completed: 1
Books in progress: 1

message 23: by Ali (new)

Ali (razzbeary32) | 3 comments Regionalism and Rebellion in Yemen by Stephen W. Day

Regionalism and Rebellion in Yemen A Troubled National Union by Stephen W. Day by Stephen W. Day Stephen W. Day

Genre: History, Politics and Policy, International Relations

Final Tally: 80 pgs
Total time spent reading: 2 hrs
Checkpoints used: one checkpoint and one checkout
Total books completed: 0
Total books in progress: 1

message 24: by Teri (last edited Apr 26, 2015 03:43AM) (new)

Teri (teriboop) Completed:
Killing Patton The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General by Bill O'Reilly by Bill O'Reilly Bill O'Reilly
The Sabotage by Jeff Probst by Jeff Probst Jeff Probst

Works in progress:
Eisenhower in War and Peace by Jean Edward Smith by Jean Edward Smith Jean Edward Smith
The Wedding Circle by Ashton Lee by Ashton Lee (no photo)

Final Tally: 506 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading: 16.5 hours
Genres: History, YA/Adventure, Southern Fiction
Total Checkpoints Utilized - 6 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books Competed: 2
Total Number of Books in Progress: 2

message 25: by Karen (last edited Apr 26, 2015 09:05AM) (new)

Karen (karinlib) Ali and Nino by Kurban Said
Ali and Nino A Love Story by Kurban Said by Kurban Said Kurban Said

Disciples of Passion by Hoda Barakat
Disciples of Passion by Hoda Barakat by Hoda Barakat Hoda Barakat

Final Tally: 354 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading: 10 hours
Genres: Historical Fiction
Total Checkpoints Utilized 5 checkpoints and one checkout
Total Number of Books Competed: 1

message 26: by José Luís (new)

José Luís  Fernandes | 1016 comments I'm sorry for appearing late. Here's my check-in:

Baltasar and Blimunda

Baltasar and Blimunda by José Saramago by José Saramago José Saramago

Read pages: 125 (from 200 to 325)

Time spent reading: 5h

No books were completed yet.

message 27: by Francie (new)

Francie Grice Cleopatra A Life by Stacy Schiff by Stacy Schiff Stacy Schiff

The Day of Battle The War in Sicily and Italy, 1943-1944 (World War II Liberation Trilogy, #2) by Rick Atkinson by Rick Atkinson Rick Atkinson

Final Tally - 449 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 10 1/2 hours
Genres: Biography and History - 2
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 4 Checkpoints and One Checkout

message 28: by Ebb (last edited Apr 26, 2015 06:18AM) (new)

Ebb (ebbsbooks) Defending Jacob by William Landay

Defending Jacob by William Landay by William Landay William Landay

Final Tally - 153 pages
Total Time Reading 3 hours and 45 minutes
Genres: Fiction
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 3 Checkpoints and One Checkout

message 29: by Marc (new)

Marc Towersap (marct22) | 201 comments The Histories by Herodotus

The Histories by Herodotus Herodotus Herodotus
Final tally: 32 pages
Total time reading : 1 hour
Genres: History
Total checkpoints utilized: 1 checkpoint, 1 checkout
books complete: 0

message 30: by Mary (last edited Apr 26, 2015 06:31AM) (new)

Mary (maryschumacher) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy by Leo Tolstoy Leo Tolstoy

Final Tally: 405 pages
Total time reading: 7.5 hours
Genre: Historical Fiction
Total checkpoints utilized: 4 checkpoints, 1 checkout
Books Completed: 0

message 31: by Erin (new)

Erin Completed:
William the Conqueror, by Davvid Bates
William the Conqueror by David Bates by David Bates (no photo)

Works in progress:
Queen of the Conqueror: The Life of Matilda, Wife of William I, by Tracy Borman
Queen of the Conqueror The Life of Matilda, Wife of William I by Tracy Borman by Tracy Borman (no photo)

Final Tally: 317 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading: 7.25 hours
Genres: European History
Total Checkpoints Utilized - 4 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books Competed: 1

message 32: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 26, 2015 07:23AM) (new)

Folks - final tallies and check out is mandatory. Take the time today tp get it done - MANDATORY

This is what it should look like:

message 33: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelbl) | 407 comments Final Tally - 255 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 12 hours
Genres: Steampunk, Fiction, History, Biography
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 6 Checkpoints and One Checkout
Total Number of Books Completed - 3

Completed:
Steampunk LEGO by Guy Himber by Guy Himber(no photo)

The Little Prince & Letter to a Hostage by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Thomas Jefferson Author of America by Christopher Hitchens by Christopher Hitchens Christopher Hitchens

In Progress:
Okinawa The Last Battle of World War II by Robert Leckie by Robert Leckie Robert Leckie

Thanks again Bentley for all your admin work during this event.

message 34: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 26, 2015 07:28AM) (new)

BENTLEY'S CHECKOUT - AND HERE IS MINE

A Division of the Spoils by Paul Scott

A Division of the Spoils (The Raj Quartet, #4) by Paul Scott by Paul Scott Paul Scott

Final Tally - 500 pages
Total Time Actually Reading 14 hours - the rest administrating
Genre: Historical Fiction
Total Checkpoints Used - 5 checkpoints and one check out
Total Number of Books Completed - 1
Total Number of Books in Progress - 0

message 35: by Nancy (last edited Apr 26, 2015 09:27AM) (new)

Nancy (nancyhamer) | 741 comments Completed
With Violets by Elizabeth Robards by Elizabeth Robards
In Progress
The Daughters of Mars by Thomas Keneally by Thomas Keneally

Final Tally - 369 pages
Book 1: pages 1-307 Book 2: pages 138-203
Total Time Reading: 11.03 hours
Genres: Biographical Fiction and Historical Fiction
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 5 Checkpoints and One Checkout

message 36: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Good Nancy

message 37: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 26, 2015 07:48AM) (new)

MANDATORY CHECK OUT - EVERYBODY PARTICIPATING MUST DO TALLIES - THIS IS THE THREAD - I WILL GIVE EVERYBODY TIME

message 38: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 8 comments Book 1: Hailstone by Nina Smith

Hailstone by Nina Smith by Nina Smith Nina Smith

Book 2: Lake Reigny by Martin Marriott

Lake Reigny by Martin Marriott by Martin Marriott Martin Marriott

Book 3: Disturbing Events by Steven Stark

Disturbing Events by Steven Stark by Steven Stark Steven Stark

Book 4: Unnatural Tales by Andy Sayles

Unnatural Tales by Andy Sayles by Andy Sayles (no photo)

Book 5: The End of Sparta by Victor Davis Hanson

The End of Sparta by Victor Davis Hanson Victor Davis Hanson

Final Tally - 571 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 8.5 hours
Genres: Thriller, Horror, Horror, Horror, Historical Fiction - 3
Total Checkpoints Utilized - 3 Checkpoints and 2 Checkout
Total Number of Books Competed - 4

message 39: by Carly (new)

Carly (carmeer) | 317 comments William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #5) by Ian Doescher by Ian Doescher(no photo)

Final Tally - 66 pages
Total Time Reading - 3.5
Genres: science fiction
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 3

message 40: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

The West Coast should be done now - it is 8:05AM on April 26th on the West Coast. Take your time and make your way here for the mandatory Final Tallies.

Make sure that you did Check In Checkpoint Six as well if you missed it.

message 41: by Rosalinda (new)

Rosalinda  (rosapal) La casa de Bernarda Alba by Federico García Lorca by Federico García Lorca Federico García Lorca

11/22/63 by Stephen King by Stephen King Stephen King

Great Ghost Stories Great Ghost Stories (Kindle Edition) by Various byVarious authors- no pic

Final Tally: 265 pages
Total Time Reading: Five hours
Genres: Fiction/Time Travel; Drama/Play; Short Stories
Total Checkpoints Utilized: Four
Total Number of Books Completed: Two
Total Number of Books in Progress: One

Thank you Bentley, for all your hard work & for hosting this event!

message 42: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

No problem Rosa - it is always a lot of fun and it gets people reading and focused

message 43: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:39PM) (new)

Folks, remember if you checked in on any of the check in threads or multiple check in threads - you MUST CHECK OUT! This is how you get final credit for the readathon - at least one check in and one check out is mandatory.

Check out is the biggie - that is where the tallies are done

CHECKOUT NOW.

message 44: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 20 comments I missed the checkout deadline, not sure if it is too late but here are my totals.

Citation for A Brief History of Seven Killings

A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James by Marlon James Marlon James

Final Tally - 72 pages
Total Time Reading 2 hours
Genres: Contemporary fiction

message 45: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

It is never too late and in fact I have to go through the list and make sure that I have everybody - usually there are always a few folks who lost their way to the Check Out or even fell asleep (smile). So no worries Cathy.

message 46: by Katie (new)

Katie (katie1421) The Information A History, A Theory, A Flood by James Gleick by James Gleick James Gleick

Final Tally - 26 pages (all books)
Total Time Reading 1 hour
Genres: History, History of Science
Total Checkpoints Utilised - 1 Checkpoint and 1 Checkout

(Sorry for the delay! It was a very busy week and I wasn't on Goodreads)

message 47: by Karen (new)

Karen (karinlib) Will we be having the 3rd Readathon this weekend?

message 48: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Yes, setting up the threads as we speak.

message 49: by Rosalinda (new)

Rosalinda  (rosapal) Hello Bentley, hope all is well with you -- I just signed up for tomorrow's Readathon; I had an issue before with my initial sign-up for last Readsthon as I mainly use an iPhone or Kindle to sign up & update -- would you mind letting me know if I'm signed up for this session? Thanks! ;)

message 50: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Jun 05, 2015 11:33PM) (new)

Rosa you are not on the list of folks signed up for the Readathon - follow the link below and make sure you see your name and avatar on the listing - also what timezone are you in - where are you located. Go here: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

Folks everytime we do this we always find folks who want to participate but fail to join and set up their shelves properly so that they can get full credit:

You must join!

Very important:

How To Join In:
Click on the title at the top - The HBC Readathons. Please then join by simply signing in at the bottom and say how many books you plan to read for one or more of the readathon dates - there will be six readathon dates throughout the year; then create your own personal shelf to add the books which you would like to tackle during one readathon or more readathons. That is all there is to it and goodreads will keep track. Become your own marathoner in reading books on the readathon dates and we will keep track of your progress in terms of titles of books, number of books, number of pages, and different genres. Give it a whirl and see how much reading you can get done and take a stab at that big "to be read" pile of books that we all have.

Note: Don't forget to set up your shelf first and then add the name of that shelf here when setting up the challenge for your readathon.

And here are some links to the Readathon folder which will be updated:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.