What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Children's book - Cats going to the seaside

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teega (new)

Teega Mack | 3 comments I had a picture book in the 80s -- but it was likely older, and maybe British -- about some young cats visiting the seaside. It was all in rhyme, and one cat nearly loses his teddy bear on the train. Then the cats end up stuck on an island when the tide comes in, but they are "saved" by the teddy bear (it just looks like the teddy is rowing a boat out to them because he's in the boat, he doesn't actually come to life). Anyway, it's a long shot, but I loved that book and I guess someone might have read it.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33315 comments Mod
A guess - Holiday in Catland by Alice Goyder? "Four cats take a holiday at the seashore." Here's a cover image - http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Catland...

Teega, can you describe the cover and illustrations - realistic, cartoony, sunny/bold/dark/pastel colors, hand-drawn, painted/watercolors, etc.?

message 3: by Teega (new)

Teega Mack | 3 comments That's not it, but very good try! Thanks!

The illustrations were bold colours, I'm not sure if drawn or painted, realistic I think (except, of course, that the cats walked on two legs and maybe wore clothes), and the book itself was small, like the size of little Beatrix Potter books, maybe. I can't remember the cover, unfortunately.

I do remember that the cat who loses his bear is a black kitten, and he's naughty. On one page he tries to stuff the bear in a suitcase, but it's too full, and then I think he cries so his mum lets him bring it anyway.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Teega, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Teega, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Holiday in Catland (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alice Goyder (other topics)