Omnibus/OHC Graphic Novel Collectors discussion

Upcoming Releases > Upcoming Image Comics HC Editions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 880 (880 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Relstuart, Mod+ (last edited Oct 22, 2021 01:54PM) (new)

Relstuart | 2823 comments Mod
These are the deluxe (DX) or oversize edition hardcover books only unless otherwise noted.

Out Now - Velvet Deluxe HC by Brubaker and Epting
Out Now - LOW Book One HC
Out Now - Invincible DLX vol 12
Out Now - Deadly Class DLX vol 2
Out Now - Kill Six Billion Demons TPB vol 3
Out Now - Paper Girls DLX vol 2
Out Now - Monstress Book One HC
Out Now - Eclipse TPB vol 4
Out Now - I Hate Fairyland Vol 2 DLX
Out Now - Lazarus OHC vol 3
Out Now - Descender OHC vol 2
Out Now - The Realm TPB vol 3
Out Now - Postal: Book One HC
Out Now - Isola TPB vol 2
Out Now - Black Science HC vol 3
Out Now - Pulp HC by Brubaker and Sean Phillips
Out Now - Oblivion Song HC vol 1 by Kirkman
Out Now - Undiscovered Country TPB vol 1 by Scott Snyder
Out Now - Death or Glory TPB vol 2 by Remender (final volume)
Out Now - Royal City Book 1: The Complete Collection HC
Out Now - Criminal DLX vol 3
Out now - Paper Girls Deluxe Edition Vol 3 by Brian K Vaughan
Out Now - East of West: The Apocalypse Year Three by Hickman
Out Now - Planet Paradise TPB

8 Dec 20 - Adventureman Vol 1 by Matt Fraction
22 Dec 20 - Die, Vol 3 TPB by Kieron Gillen
29 Dec 20 - Southern Bastards book 2 HC (standard size)
29 Dec 20 - Ascender TPB vol 3
2 Feb 21 - Outcast HC Book 4 by Kirkman and Acazeta
2 Feb 21 - Dead Body Road TPB vol 2
23 Mar 21 - Skyward HC
6 Apr 21 - The Complete Witchblade HC vol 2
13 Apr 21 - Unearth TPB vol 2
14 Apr 21 - Criminal DLX vol 1 (Reprint)
14 Apr 21 - Criminal DLX vol 2 (Reprint)
27 Apr 21 - Decorum Hardcover by Hickman
4 May 21 - Friend of the Devil HC by Brubaker and Sean Philips
25 May 21 - Death or Glory Prestige Edition HC by Remender
6 Jul 21 - Seven to Eternity TPB vol 4
13 Jul 21 - Big Hard Sex Criminals DLXXX HC vol 3
13 Jul 21 - Middlewest HC
20 Jul 21 - Oblivion Song DLX vol 2
10 Aug 21 - Kill 6 Billion Demons TPB vol 4
31 Aug 21 - Gideon Falls DLX HC vol 1
31 Aug 21 - LOW Book 2 HC
30 Nov 21 - Seven to Eternity HC
9 Mar 22 - Deadly Class HC vol 3 (of 4)
27 Apr 22 - Firepower by Kirkman HC book 1
11 May 22 - Curse Words Omnibus HC
11 May 22 - Murder Falcon DLX HC
1 Jun 22 - Cyber Force 30th Anniversary Complete Collection HC vol 1
8 Jun 22 - Ice Cream Man Sundae ed Hardcover Vol 1

*Standard size HC

message 2: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

As far as hardcover volumes that I really want but have not been announced yet I will plan on picking up Velvet and Black Science. Five Ghosts DLX and Fatale DLX are both in my wish lists for eventual pick up. I'd probably be down for a East of West HC too.

Lazarus has been picked up as a possible TV show.

The Lion's Share Thanks for this. I love image. They have so many good stories I wouldn't know where to start!

message 4: by Relstuart, Mod+ (last edited Apr 25, 2015 05:44AM) (new)

No problem. I'll be in for the Low HC when it comes out. I guess I should probably pick up Saga too and see what everyone is going on about since people keep saying it's really good. :)

The Lion's Share Yeah I own the deluxe one. Still haven't read it. Can so many people be right? I hope so.

message 6: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Blindzider | 3144 comments Mod
I too am waiting for Velvet and Black Science, possibly Fatale.

I have and read Saga. It's good, but I'm not sure where it is headed or what the real point is. Right now it seems to be just follow this couple/family and see all the crazy stuff that happens to them. There are quite a few issues in it (30 I think) so I imagine the next volume will be awhile from now.

message 7: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

I follow Epting on Facebook and he periodically posts Velvet art pics. Both the art and the story look good. I can't imagine Image not doing a DLX volume. Though, we are probably at least a year away from release. :(

I feel like East of West should have one announced in the next couple months for release in another 5 to 6 months.

Birthright is another series from Image that looks pretty interesting. I read the first few issues and I'm curious as to what happens next.

message 8: by Aildiin (last edited Apr 27, 2015 03:08PM) (new)

Aildiin | 123 comments I follow so many of those in singles it's hard for me to convince myself to buy the HC.
I did it for Saga because it was a no brainer ( I have singles, some TPs, and the deluxe HC, and a bunch of posters and singles signed by Fiona) but the only other I plan to do it for is East of West( and I have been reading the Walking Dead HC all along, those are nice books priced well).
Basically it has to be stories I want to reread as I hate reopening bagged comics to re-read them and it has to be art that justifies the deluxe format.

Now stop reading this and go read Saga ! Now! It's the best frigging comic of the last 2 years !

If you are looking for pointers where to start I would recommend the following top 5:
- Saga
- East of West
- Lazarus
- Sex Criminals
- Southern Bastards.

The Lion's Share i've got the deluxe saga book, but i've not read it yet. There is so much hype surrounding saga i hope it lives up to it when i read it.

I really like East of west, i think i might not read volume 2 & 3 and wait for the HC.

message 10: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Starlight from Mark Millar isn't anywhere on the list since they only released it in TPB. I'm not a big Millar fan but I recently read this and it's fantastic. My favorite thing from Image yet.

I expect Velvet to shoot up to my top favorite followed by Black Science.

message 11: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Relstuart wrote: "Starlight from Mark Millar isn't anywhere on the list since they only released it in TPB. I'm not a big Millar fan but I recently read this and it's fantastic. My favorite thing from Image yet.

I..."

Since I'm no longer collecting new Marvel, I'm sure I will be trying out more Image.

message 12: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

I know it's IDW and I haven't done an IDW thread, but Simonson's Ragnarok looks really fun. I already know I'll want the HC when it comes out.

message 13: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

The new Image solicitations for July shows:
EAST OF WEST, THE APOCALYPSE: YEAR ONE HC
STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN
ART / COVER: NICK DRAGOTTA
JULY 8 / 504 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99
The oversized prestige collection of the First Year of The Apocalypse.
Collects EAST OF WEST #1-15.

CHEW SMORGASBORD, VOL. 2 HC
STORY: JOHN LAYMAN
ART / COVER: ROB GUILLORY
JULY 1 / 576 PAGES / FC / M / $100
LIMITED SIGNED & NUMBERED EDITION $150
The second 20 issues of the New York Times best-selling, Harvey-and multiple-Eisner Award-winning series about cops, crooks, cooks, cannibals, and clairvoyants are collected in one oversized slip-cased volume, jam-packed with extras. A feast for your senses and a diet for your wallet!
Collects CHEW #21-40 & SECRET AGENT POYO.

message 14: by Aildiin (new)

Aildiin | 123 comments Velvet is nice and it's getting better as the story advances but it's a little hard to follow on single issues, it's one of those I wish I had waited for the TPs as in practice I wait I have 5 single issues to read them.

message 15: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Relstuart wrote: "Starlight from Mark Millar isn't anywhere on the list since they only released it in TPB. I'm not a big Millar fan but I recently read this and it's fantastic. My favorite thing from Image yet.

I..."

I gave starlight 5 stars, loved it. Black science was good vol.2 gets average reviews though.

message 16: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Blindzider wrote: "The new Image solicitations for July shows:
EAST OF WEST, THE APOCALYPSE: YEAR ONE HC
STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN
ART / COVER: NICK DRAGOTTA
JULY 8 / 504 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99
The oversized prestig..."

Brilliant, thanks for this i'll definitely be buying the east of west HC.

message 17: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Aildiin wrote: "Velvet is nice and it's getting better as the story advances but it's a little hard to follow on single issues, it's one of those I wish I had waited for the TPs as in practice I wait I have 5 sing..."

i'll give this a read, is it worth reading fatale first?

message 18: by Aildiin (new)

Aildiin | 123 comments Alistair wrote: "Aildiin wrote: "Velvet is nice and it's getting better as the story advances but it's a little hard to follow on single issues, it's one of those I wish I had waited for the TPs as in practice I wa..."

I have yet to buy or read Fatale, the HC is on my wish list.

message 19: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

I'll plan on picking up the East of West HC. =)

message 20: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Yes me too. I'm holding off reading vol 2&3.

message 21: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Ditto! I'm still on the fence about whether I will like it. I typically haven't ever gotten into Manga/anime and there is some of that influence here. But, I've like most everything I've read by Hickman so I'm in.

message 22: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Will there be a prophet deluxe?

message 23: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

It seems like Image waits to have 4 to 5 TPB editions out before they release a hardback. Prophet TPB 4 just came out in March so we are entering the zone of when could expect to see one announced.

message 24: by Relstuart, Mod+ (last edited Jun 12, 2015 06:31AM) (new)

I'm a little concerned that no Fatale Deluxe book 2 has been solicited. The series is complete (right?). I wonder if book 1 didn't sell very well and they are not going to print a book 2 as a result? It's been over a year since the release of volume 1. Anyone tracking Image publishing practices long enough to tell us what their trends for this sort of thing are like and whether we should be concerned?

In other news, Autumnlands looks like it could be an interesting read. I'll probably pick up the first TPB when it comes out.

message 25: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share I've no idea mate. I bought vol 1 so I've added to sales :). I hope they do.

I haven't read it yet I've just taken the reviews on face value.

message 26: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

I just saw V1 in my store yesterday. Not sure if it will be something I like since I'm not into Horror stuff, but that would be a disappointment if they never published V2.

You could always ask him on Twitter.

message 27: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

But that would involve me getting on Twitter... fine, first time signed in since Feb. I had a two year break before that. Not a big Twitter follower. :)

We'll see how, if at all, Brubaker responds.

message 28: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Relstuart wrote: "But that would involve me getting on Twitter... fine, first time signed in since Feb. I had a two year break before that. Not a big Twitter follower. :)

We'll see how, if at all, Brubaker responds."

I only use it for my photos, nothing personal. Quite a few comic artists and writers are very active on it, especially Remender.

message 29: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share I was just looking into invincible by Kirkman. I've got the two compendium paperbacks. I was wondering if it was worth going for the lirbary hardbacks or the ultimate collection hardbacks? Thoughts anyone?

message 30: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

I don't have any of the Invincible books. Look like you could get a decent amount if you sold the compendiums based on Amazon prices but, the hardcovers will run about $20ish each and there are nine of them.

There are three slip-cased Library editions. These are about the size of DC's Absolute editions. The fact that the last one came out in 2011 makes me concerned they may not be making any more of them to continue to collect the series in this format.

message 31: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

I'm not sure if it's the Library edition or the Compendium version, but I read somewhere that it has super thin paper and it was recommended to go with the Ultimate versions. I'm with Rel that if it's been awhile since release I'd be worried about the subsequent volumes.

I already had V1 of the Ultimate version so I'm going to stick with that. I recently picked up V2 for a good deal on ebay. Taking my time buying them. They are plentiful so I'm in no hurry.

message 32: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Thanks guys. I think I'll get the ultimate hardbacks then. :)

message 33: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Added Absolute Proof and Rat Queens HCs.

Actually, I'm just interested in the fact that Birthright TPB 2 comes out in September (so does TPB vol 3 of Deadly Class).

message 34: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share I've not heard of absolute proof. Has anyone read any savage dragon, any good?

message 35: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Alistair wrote: "I've not heard of absolute proof. Has anyone read any savage dragon, any good?"

I haven't read any Savage Dragon since it debuted in the 90's. It must have something good in it for it to still be around, but it wasn't my cup of tea at the time.

message 36: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share That's what I thought. I picked up a paperback randomly in my LCS and had a flick and it looked good, it came across as a bit like like sin city.

message 37: by Sage (new)

Sage (thaczero) | 96 comments Has anyone here read the Revival series? I've just started the second Deluxe Volume and I had a question (spoiler-ish) about the first one. I'm not sure if there is a spoiler tag so I could just message you I suppose.

Thanks in advance!

message 38: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Sage wrote: "Has anyone here read the Revival series? "

Not me, sorry.

message 39: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Unconfirmed rumor that Fatale Deluxe vol 2 announcement coming soon. Anyone else see anything on this anywhere yet?

message 40: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Nope. Where do you get your info from?

message 41: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Facebook post claiming to have seen confirmation from some unnamed source. I've held off buying vol 1 since I would like to have the whole story available in HC.

message 42: by Sage (new)

Sage (thaczero) | 96 comments Update - I think I have my answer for Revival so moving on from that question...

message 43: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

Sage wrote: "Update - I think I have my answer for Revival so moving on from that question..."

If you pick it up let us know what you think. :)

I've been told the Fatale Deluxe was mentioned by Image as a coming soon book for end of the year release. Should be an official announcement soon.

message 44: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Rel who do you follow on Facebook. I follow CBR, Newsarama and all the publishers, but don't get any publishing info as detailed as that.

message 45: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share I've got volume 1, but haven't read it.

message 46: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

I follow Newsarama and a couple random Graphic Novel groups. The CBR and Newsarama posts with monthly solicits is where I get most of my info to keep running lists updated here with new info. But, occaisionally on FB or on TheOmnibusCollector.Com someone posts something else out that hasn't been officially solicited but has been confirmed some other way.

message 47: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Rel (or anyone), if you use a rss reader or something else, it's worth following this site: http://www.collectedcomicslibrary.com/

This site seems to get shipping updates before anyone else posts them. For example, when Annihilation Conquest was delayed, they had the new ship date when i couldn't find anyone else that knew. The OC mentions it and connected to it and his posts are reposted there as well.

message 48: by Sage (new)

Sage (thaczero) | 96 comments @Rel - so far Revival is OK.. nothing awful, nothing groundbreaking. It's kinda interesting in that you have some people that came back from the dead but they aren't OMG I WANT TO EAT BRAINS... more of a mystery as to why the came back and how they're adjusting.

The art is pretty good. I enjoy the story but it isn't a page turner like say.. Morning Glories or Saga. Just a fun read that has my attention for now

message 49: by Relstuart, Mod+ (new)

I have checked in with them on occasion but just don't like the layout of their list. One of the reasons I decided to start my own list with just the oversize stuff. :)

message 50: by Blindzider, Moderator (new)

Relstuart wrote: "I have checked in with them on occasion but just don't like the layout of their list. One of the reasons I decided to start my own list with just the oversize stuff. :)"

I understand and don't care for their format either, just thought their updates would be helpful. I definitely prefer (and appreciate) yours.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18