What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. woman tells her life story to a woman writer. Writer turns out to be connected to someone from her past.Read in late 90s or early 2000s fiction

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (last edited May 11, 2015 04:32PM) (new)

Michele Micek | 1 comments All I can remember... a woman from the late 1800s tells her story in the early 1900s or 1920s to a woman writer who turns out to be connected to a man in her past. She was married and had a child but both died. She kept up the farm on her own and with help from a farmhand. They are attracted to one another but I don't remember if they actually had an affair. The woman writer is connected to him somehow. And I believe the writer met the old woman when she was a very small child and remembered her lovingly. I read this paperback in the very late 90s or the very early 2000s. I am starting to believe I imagined this book!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Michele, are you still looking for this? Let us know so we can keep this thread active.
You can bump your thread every month or so to keep it near the top of the folder -- more people will see it.

Was it new around the time you read it?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37806 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "Michele, are you still looking for this? Let us know so we can keep this thread active.
You can bump your thread every month or so to keep it near the top of the folder -- more people will see it...."

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.