David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Special Events > 3,000 Member Giveaway!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 166 (166 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Because of all of you AMAZING people, the group is now approaching 3,000 MEMBERS! This group continues to grow and become more fun and awesome every single day.

In order to celebrate this milestone, the group is hosting another HUGE giveaway! To enter, all you have to do is invite all of your Goodreads friends (who aren't already members) to the group and post below that you've done it. You'll automatically be entered into a random draw (on May 8th) to win one of the below prizes:

-1 winner will get a $10 Amazon gift card (or book site of choice)
-1 winner will get a signed copy of Slip (and a signed Slip bookmark)
-1 winner will get a signed copy of Brew (and a signed Brew bookmark)
-1 winner will get a signed copy of The Moon Dwellers (and a signed Dwellers/Country bookmark)
-1 winner will get a signed copy of Fire Country (and a signed Dwellers/Country bookmark)
-5 winners will get the TWO David Estes Ebooks of their choice
-10 winners will get a pack of signed bookmarks (1 Slip bookmark, 1 Brew bookmark, 1 Dwellers/Country bookmark)

That's 20 total winners!

Thanks again for everything you do and for making this group so awesome and active! Good luck in the giveaway!

☆Joycedale☆ | 310 comments Wow 3000!

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4464 comments I just invited some people. Not sure if any of them will join, but I invited them anyway! :)

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire | 2047 comments I invited 25 - we'll see what happens! :)

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Vanderbloom (kvanderbloom) | 80 comments I invited 93

message 6: by Myndi (new)

Myndi  | 30 comments I invited as many as I could, I kept getting error codes on about half of my friends, but I hope some went through!

☆Joycedale☆ | 310 comments I invited 43. My other friends either are members or wouldn't be interested.

message 8: by M. A. (new)

M. A. Hickman (mahickman) | 67 comments I invited 30. So exciting.

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
112 invites! :)

message 10: by julieta (new)

julieta   (peytonsawyers) Invited 88!

message 11: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments Yay, I love this group! I've made so many nice friends here that make reading even better than it already is! I sent 27 invites. :)

message 12: by Carl (new)

Carl White (theconsummateloner)
Is there a way to invite all your friends at one time?

These Violent Delights (Robin) I invited 770 of my friends to this group! Hope a lot of them join!

message 14: by Watfa (new)

Watfa (imalittleshy) | 5 comments how do u invite people?

message 15: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Searle | 2 comments I've invited everyone on my friends list.

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dykes I invited 93 people!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I just invited 33 people I know the rules say you invite everybody but I dident do that. There are always people who dont like being invited to "random" groups.

I had some I couldn't invite either, Oda! :)

Carl wrote: "
Is there a way to invite all your friends at one time?
"

Sort of. ;) There's a drop down box that has Custom or All. Choose All. You can invite up to 100 per page.

Robin wrote: "I invited 770 of my friends to this group! Hope a lot of them join!"

Woot woot, Robin!!! I hope they all join too!! I'd love to meet everyone!

Harlee wrote: "Yay, I love this group! I've made so many nice friends here that make reading even better than it already is! I sent 27 invites. :)"

Yay Harlee! I have life long friends now from meeting them in this group!! And have traveled cross country to meet them!! :)

message 22: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments @Oda and Karen That's what I did too. Besides, it seems most of my friends are already members or have been invited lol!

message 23: by Ben (new)

Ben (bennn) | 16 comments I invited my friends! Some have joined already before, hopefully the others join too.

message 24: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the invites and for helping to grow this group :) And I'm so glad you're all enjoying the group!

How to invite people to the group:
When you're in the group (including this thread), look in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, and click on "Invite People." You can then select the friends you'd like to invite, either by checking their boxes individually, or by using the Dropdown to choose "All." If you have a lot of friends, you have to go through each screen to select them. There's a maximum per day of 750 or something I think. Let me know if you have any questions, and don't forget to post here once you've invited your friends so you'll be entered in the giveaway!

message 25: by Storm (new)

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 1130 comments Just did it.

message 26: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeinri) | 52 comments I invited eight people.

message 27: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Invited 151 people! All of my other friends have already been invited or are members of the group!

message 28: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4464 comments Harlee wrote: "@Oda and Karen That's what I did too. Besides, it seems most of my friends are already members or have been invited lol!"

Ditto, LOL!

message 29: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett how do i join

Tammie, if you're posting in this thread, then you're a member of the group! Welcome! If you want to enter the giveaway, then just invite your friends to join and let us know in this thread. David has instructions above. :)

message 31: by Kela Esther (new)

Kela Esther | 101 comments I invited 8 people. Don't really have many frequent goodreads visiting friends on here... :'(

Esther wrote: "I invited 8 people. Don't really have many frequent goodreads visiting friends on here... :'("

8 counts, Esther! :)

message 33: by Amelia (new)

Amelia I invited 32

message 34: by NReads (new)

NReads | 2 comments Invited 40 , thanks for the opportunity:D

message 35: by Francielle (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:51PM) (new)

Francielle De Oliveira (itsmefrancielle) | 1 comments I envited all my friends who weren't here already!

message 36: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks all!! Everyone who has posted that they've invited their friends is now entered in the giveaway! Whoever hasn't entered yet, there's still plenty of time :)

message 37: by Lacra (new)

Lacra Dima (milly1923) | 1 comments I've invited everyone on my friends list.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I invited 99 people! This is an awesome giveaway

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly | 23 comments I invited 428 people....

message 40: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (ajareads) I invited over 100 people , almost everyone on my friends list! I know at least 5 are for sure coming to join us !! 3000, such a milestone !!! :) yay !!

Yay!!!! So much fun to meet all the new members!! :)

message 42: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) | 105 comments Just invited about 350 more people!

message 43: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 7 comments I just invited 74 people. The best of luck, everyone!

Brittany- you are AWESOME!!:)

message 44: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Whoa! Thank you all so much for all the invitations! The group is growing like a sunflower :) You're all automatically entered in the giveaway!!!

message 45: by thegirlonfire (new)

thegirlonfire | 5 comments i invited everyone who wasnt still a member , many of my friends were already members xD i dont if everyone will accept i hope so. i dont know how many people i invited tho..

message 46: by Poulami (new)

Poulami | 14 comments My friend list is indeed small but I invited everyone else who weren't already a member or are already invited. So in total, invited 11 of friends! So exited!!

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments I invited peoples!!!

Sarah wrote: "I invited peoples!!!"

Peoples is good! ;)

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments Karen wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I invited peoples!!!"

Peoples is good! ;)"

its not nearly as many as others but it still works

message 50: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 11 comments I invited as well. :)

« previous 1 3 4