Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

General Talk > Our pets

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Are you a cat lover? Read this --> http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/...

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Children 'more likely to confide in pets than siblings'

Children who are facing adversity, such as illness or parents splitting up, are more likely to confide in their pet than brothers or sisters, according to research.

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-326...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

On a humorous note, my director loaned me a book regarding my industry to read. My cat seems to dislike newspapers and books so he's always biting and tearing up newspapers. I made the mistake of leaving this book on my couch and he started biting the pages and the cover.
In any case, I'm going to replace the book and my wife said that you'll have to tell your boss that your cat ate your homework.

message 4: by James (new)

James (birchoverjames) | 36 comments Visit to vets tomorrow. Both kittens due for second injection and microchipping,. Our dog due for a check up and top up injection. Will have three unhappy pets tomorrow afternoon.

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1738 comments I don't have any pets

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) James wrote: "Visit to vets tomorrow. Both kittens due for second injection and microchipping,. Our dog due for a check up and top up injection. Will have three unhappy pets tomorrow afternoon."

Remember, James, to make sure you register the chips. Sometimes people get them put in but they don't have them updated with current contact information.

We had a dog we didn't know end up in our backyard and took it down to the vet's to have it identified and there was no info associated with the chip. She did have 3 different rabies tags though and eventually one of those led to the owner.

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Injoy (carolyninjoy) New 6 week old puppy on June 13th. We're sleep deprived. No online or reading time.

We'd lost out beautiful bullmastiff Miss Precious January 28th from fast acting bone cancer. We were grief stricken. Thought she was our last dog because we're not 'spring chickens'. We made arrangements for friends to take Miss Jasmine should our lives end before hers.

She's a French Mastiff mix (unknown daddy). Vet thought from her markings it might have been a boxer. Nine pounds already & had first shots. Will be chipped next visit I think. Vet doesn't want to spay until she's a year. Research has shone that spaying large breeds early leaves them susceptible to bone cancer. In hindsight, that could have happened to Miss Precious since she was spayed at seven weeks. Miss Jasmine LOOKS like a bullmastiff but a LOT redder & her nose is longer.

Training is time consuming but worth it. She's a joy the biggest part of the time. The house was far too empty without her.

message 8: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 123 comments sorry to learn about the lost of your dog. Happy you have new furfriend. Enjoy your new friend.

message 9: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Cats are like ghosts. They live with us, but they have their own secretive agendas. Cats are uncanny. They can be provoking, but also glamorous. They seem to know things. They seem slightly out of time. We project emotion onto them, they love us inscrutably, if at all. They have a keen sense of retribution. Cats see us and judge us.

From Ghostly: A Collection of Ghost Stories by Audrey Niffenegger

So, cat people out there: what do you think? True? False?

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) We don't have any cats unless my daughter & her husband bring theirs when they visit, but I'd certainly agree that they love inscrutably, if at all. They're a lot like our goats in that regard. Nothing like the horses & dogs.

message 11: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) You have to learn the language of cats. Mine is rather aloof, but he shows affection in his own way: He follows me around the house and sleeps on my bed all night and trusts me to protect him.

Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ghostly: A Collection of Ghost Stories (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Audrey Niffenegger (other topics)