Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara Mewhinney | 5 comments Blood Valentine
By Melissa De La Cruz
Review by: Kara Mewhinney
Published In 2010
147 Pages
Bloody Valentine, Is a fictional romantic, adventurous, Mysterious and Magical Novel. Written by Melissa De La Cruz and published in 2010. In this book Melissa introduces a conception of vampires for different from traditional stake-fleeing daemons, coupling sly humor with the gauzing trapping of being fanged and fabulous. Bloody Valentine Is one of the many Blue Blood series and gives a brief introduction to the characters and their life’s in the rest of the series.
In the beginning of the book taking place in New York with a boy named Oliver Hazard Perry. In the first part of this book Oliver had just lost the love of his life, his partner in crime, his other half, Schuyler Van Alen. He Was Her Human Familiar. The one she had done the sacred kiss on, to another boy. She was the one he was madly in love with and the one he wanted to be connected to for the rest of his life. Schuyler Van Alen was a blue blood vampire. A half human and half vampire, who recently left Oliver for another vampire, a silver blood named Jack. In the beginning of the novel Oliver Meats a new girl, a bartender at the holiday cocktail lounge. She was a witch and she showed Oliver how to still be friends with the girl he was madly in love with, but no longer hurt from her leaving.
Going towards the Middle of this book it talks about a girl named Allegra Van Alen, Allegra was a top notch student in all her classes. As well as one of the most popular girls in school. Allegra was also Blue blood vampire, during this chapter of the book, it talks about Allegra’s personal life and about how she broke the rules and fell in love with a silver blood. Although she was already connected to her brother Charles Van Alen. She broke their blood line and fell in love with a silver blood.
“Tonight they would be bonded. Tonight, she would be his though she already was” Sealed with the sacred kiss, Schuyler Van Alen and jack would be bonded by the end of the night , throughout there adventurous day of being reconnected with the boy she first did the sacred kiss on , Oliver Hazard fighting for their life’s and getting to be with the man she truly loves at the end. I would definitely recommend this book to readers who love mysterious , tragic , vampire , love stories. Then this is a book for you !

message 2: by JaNayza (new)

JaNayza Kimbrough | 3 comments This book seems very interesting. I have never read a book like this. i like the fact that all the vampires have different color bloods. that is very cool. i would read it myself.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie Mishler | 3 comments I really like vampires, love stories , and mysteries. I have not heard of this book though. After reading this summery, I would love to read Blood Valentine. It sounds alike like Romeo and Juliet. Does this story match the story Romeo and Juliet?

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara Mewhinney | 5 comments I think you should as well , it is not like every other vampire stories where they have to get bitten either, these vampires are born this way. it very different from lots of average vampire stories.

message 5: by Kara (new)

Kara Mewhinney | 5 comments In the story there would be parts in the book that may remind some of "Romeo and Juliet" but this book , differs in many ways. it is more adventurous and quit a few surprises with Schuyler