Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > Why crime thrillers?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 9 comments Why crime thrillers? Mark Rubinstein, author of Mad Dog Justice, answers this question: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-ru...

Are you a writer? Why crime thrillers?

Do you read it? (Well, of course, you're here!) Why?

message 2: by Joe (new)

Joe Stephens | 23 comments I'm a writer and reader of crime thrillers. The easy answer is that I literally don't remember a time when I didn't enjoy reading them. Some of the earliest stories I read when I got out of children's and YA lit were Sherlock Holmes' adventures. There's just something about the black-and-whiteness of it. The good guy (even when he is kind of an antihero or even when he is a she) is out to right a wrong, stop a villain. And, in nearly every case, he or she does that. The balance is set right.

message 3: by M.A.R. (new)

M.A.R. Unger | 127 comments I write crime thrillers with a forensics base. I love ramping up the tension. Although the good/evil might be veiled at times, in the end, it's clear. My heroine is a forensic facial reconstruction artist who has a burning desire not only to identify the victims but find out how they wound up that way. Both BITS AND PIECES and THE KIEV CONNECTION employ different types of crimes, different forensic methods..and an evolving relationship with authorities. The heroine evolves as well, although her mission remains the same. Great fun to write and to read crime thrillers.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) As a basic, bare bones answer, I like tension and excitement.

message 5: by M.A.R. (new)

M.A.R. Unger | 127 comments I like my readers to buckle their seat belts and hang on for a wild ride. They seem to like this, too!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mad Dog Justice (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mark Rubinstein (other topics)