Psychological Thrillers discussion

BOTM Past to Present > MAY FILLER BOTM ( SWAMP BONES) by Kathy Reichs

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 1363 comments Mod
I hope that is someone is out there and on her VIP contact list to let her know that her novella is this coming up month. This shows that its 75 pages, but I tried people, I tried....

message 2: by stephanie, MOD (last edited Apr 24, 2015 09:34AM) (new)

Okay, so eveyone get this breakdown,,,

Amazon 1.99 audio 2.95
this is rated as follows:
229 =5 stars
117=4 stars
38=3 stars
7=2 stars
1=2 stars
Barnes and Nobles 1.99 Nook...NO BOOK FORM AT ALL, NO PAPERBACK/NO HARDBACK
5=10 stars
4=7 stars
3=4 stars
2=3 stars
1=1 star
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now I see that Ms. Reichs is a GR author, and she has no message button, and I have no idea about how to reach her on Facebook, so if anyone is out there, please let her know that her book is here...Hopefully some of the folks who are limited can pick this book up for less than 2.00 or it goes over a bit because of taxes and such....have a great reading DAY!

message 3: by stephanie, MOD (new)

This thread has been moved up so folks can see. I will put the book cover on here in a minute.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Richards (lisadawnrichards) | 9 comments Hey everyone! I just bought this. I went to Kathy Reichs' home page and this filler is a 'Prequel" to a book called "Bones Never Lie". It seems this book was published in September of 2014. I just thought I would let you all know this in case you enjoyed the prequel and wanted to read the book. I am off here to start the prequel now! Happy Reading everyone!!!!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Richards (lisadawnrichards) | 9 comments Ruth it depends on if I like the prequel as to weather or not I will buy the book.

message 6: by stephanie, MOD (new)

I didn't buy the pre, I just bought this book.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Richards (lisadawnrichards) | 9 comments Alright I read the Prequel and I am very sorry to say but I just could not get into it. I do not plan to buy the book. For me the prequel was slow and it did not hold my interest. I am sure that Kathy Reich is a great author and perhaps I will look for other books by her.

message 8: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Thank you Lisa for your input. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I plan on downloading this book.

message 9: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry Havent really started reading this one as of yet since trting to read the main book for this month. Once i finsh reading Sign then will start reading more on this one and hopefully by then more posts will be added...

message 10: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Somehow Jane, its not doing so well on the Fillers. First there isn't that many out there, and second they are harder to find in the under 50 pages. Now it seems that they are 100 plus pages. So I believe this segment of our group will go belly-up.....

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments I am planning to start the book this weekend

message 12: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Dear Ruth, Yes I have said this in one of the messages that I sent out many days ago. So June Tara Benson will throw up a book, and I will throw up a book. Aren't you getting my messages?

message 13: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Say Ruth, when is school out???? let me know,I HAVE A PROJECT FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

message 14: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry I will go with whatever decision you make but I like the idea of short reads in between main ones to fill time. I hope to also be able to start this one over the weekend depending on family issues and time.

message 15: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (janeandjerryculwell) | 0 comments Well i finished it and even though it was very slow and i was not really into it but did find out a lot about snakes though I never want to find out physically how they are but hey at least I finished it...right...lol

message 16: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Brought up for folks to post their comments...Thank you

message 17: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Thanks Stephanie. I finished Sign pretty quickly so needed the filler. I really enjoyed reading Swamp Bones as I haven't read a Kathy Reichs book in awhile. (I keep mixing her up with Patricia Cornwell. Like JaneandJerry I learned a lot about snakes, which I didn't plan to do, but the plot was great and it wasn't too gross. I don't mind Tempest working with bones ... but stomach content ... yuck. Nevertheless, it was great reading. I think she covered it really well for a short story.

message 18: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 276 comments I finished Swamp Bones today. I found it a very enjoyable book. The setting reminded me of the TV program Justified when they were set in Florida. It also reminded me of the TV program The Glades as well because of the location. And then there is always a Dexter sighting when based in Florida. Good choice this month, Stephanie.