The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > 6 Reasons The Jedi Would Be The Villain In Any Sane Movie

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 49 comments With their lightsabers and Force pushes, the Jedi battled evil and made the galaxy a better place. But did they really? Here are six things about the Jedi that ... look, we're really sorry about this, but we're about to ruin your image of Kit Fisto.

http://www.cracked.com/article_22320_...

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments I thought that was pretty obvious? I mean these are the guys who went around mediating trade disputes while completely ignoring slavery.

Not to mention all the lies Obi-Wan told. ("These blast marks are too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial troopers could be this precise." Really? I once saw a Sand Person hit a moving pod racer, while stormtroopers routinely miss stationary targets from less than ten feet.)

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken (kanthr) | 334 comments In a real galaxy, the Jedi would be like the church of Scientology. I don't know what that makes the Sith...

message 4: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Tassie Dave | 3608 comments Mod
Kenneth wrote: "In a real galaxy, the Jedi would be like the church of Scientology. I don't know what that makes the Sith..."

The Sith are a millennial old militaristic "religious" group that uses force (no pun intended) to overthrow other civilizations and "religions" (Jedi) and bring them under their control and beliefs. Of course they are the Catholics ;-)

At least when the Jedi talk about aliens we know they aren't talking BS :-)

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel K | 164 comments And i thought the Sith empire is Soviet Union )

message 6: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewdl) | 341 comments Hilarious take on the jedi. I've also heard a conspiracy theory that Qui-Gon Jinn was a sith all along. As cool as lightsabers are the whole Star Wars Universe is a little messed up. It will be interesting to see what happens with the new movies.

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 49 comments Tassie Dave wrote: The Sith are a millennial old militaristic "religious" group that uses force (no pun intended) to overthrow other civilizations and "religions" (Jedi) and bring them under their control and beliefs. Of course they are the Catholics ;-)"

I was thinking the same thing.

message 8: by Ulmer Ian (new)

Ulmer Ian (eean) | 341 comments Isn't finding balance between the dark and light sides a major theme of the original trilogy at least. So the Jedis aren't even supposed to be unequivocally good guys.