SE Reading Buffs 4th hour discussion

Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krishten (last edited Apr 24, 2015 09:16AM) (new)

Krishten | 3 comments The Satanic Verses is Salman Rushdie’s best-known and most shocking book. Set in a modern world filled with both mayhem and miracles, the story starts off dramatic, the terrorist bombing of a London-bound jet in mid-air Two Indian actors of opposing sensibilities fall to earth, transformed into living symbols of what is angelic and evil. This is just the initial act in a great odyssey that seamlessly merges the actual with the imagined. The two Indians stood as if they standing before god and Satan. They were both judged amongst their past. The media degraded them from what they really symbolized. They have been confused with Islam and tails of the west. One of the two men kill himself because he believes that he needs to be right with god and get to know their god better. The other returns to his natural state of mind after the bombing he had committed. This book really criticizes Abraham and Islam in many ways.The book criticizes the rules of the islamic tradition in many ways.

message 2: by Loretta (last edited Apr 24, 2015 09:04AM) (new)

Loretta Jackson | 3 comments I think this book is a little on the creepy side but readable. It sounds like it would be something I would read. Also I like the fact that it is very well described in a short paragraph and explains what I will be reading. The book sounds more like facts then a story and I'm always up for facts about demonic things its interesting to me. I also kind of understand where the author is got his muse from its not hard to pick out good from evil in this world. I would definitely recommend people to read this.

message 3: by Selena (new)

Selena | 3 comments i also agree with Loretta this is a little creepy but at the same time sounds very entertaining. I like how it involves god but not so much demons. I'm not that big of a fan of book that involve demon figures.so im not sure if I would really read this book on my own or out of my free time.