This topic is about Huge
HUGE By Sasha Paley

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LaKayla (new)

LaKayla | 3 comments HUGE
By Sasha Paley
259 pages

This story about two girls with two VERY different opinions about "Wellness Canyon" the seven-thousand dollar 'weight loss spa'. April is very excited to make new friends and make a new life for herself at Wellness Canyon. Nothing is going to stop her from getting 'skinny'.

At least that's what she thought before she met her new roommate Wilhelmina (Or just Wil, as she would say.) Wil is anything BUT happy about her parents forcing her into Wellness Canyon. Wil is happy with her body size; however Wil believes that her parents are embarrassed by her because her family does own the Excalibur Gyms industries. Wil is the only 'fat' one in the family.

As everyone else is on their weight-loss journey Wil vowed to not lose weight, but GAIN pounds during her time at Wellness Canyon.

As April tries to get along with her roommate, Wil wants nothing to do with it and pops back in her headphones and turns the music up as loud as it goes.

April has made no friends at WC, however she tries to be noticed and fit in with the 'chubbies' Jessica and Marci, and Collin (Who is the CUTEST boy at Wellness Canyon)

Wil has no intentions on becoming friends with anyone and wants to try her hardest to get kicked out.

This story is about the journeys of kids struggling with their weight, finding friends, and becoming one with their selves.

Will April and Wil ever form a bond and become friends? Or even tolerate each other?

I guess you’ll have to find out once you read HUGE by Sasha Paley!

message 2: by Tianna (new)

Tianna L.Reed | 3 comments This sounds like a really good book. My little sister kind of is having that trouble with people at her school and i just say don't worry about what other people are saying because there opinion doesn't matter. Will sounds like a Egotistical and kind of seems like she doesn't care about anyone else and just wants to give up on life. Maybe i will suggest this book to my little sister so that she can see that size isn't and should never be a problem. I think that is good that April is trying hard to make friends though.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 3 comments This book looks very uplifting and seems to have a lot of great messages within. I love how the book review summary gave me necessary information, without spoiling the book. I think this book would be a great read for anyone, including those who need to built their self-confidence or self esteem. I like how this book focuses more on positive aspects, rather than negativity. The book review really pulled me in and made me want to read this seemingly wonderful book.