SE Reading Buffs 6th hour discussion

J.K. Rowling
This topic is about J.K. Rowling
harry potter and the goblet of fire

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lexie (last edited Apr 24, 2015 10:36AM) (new)

Lexie Bagby | 4 comments Harry Potter and the goblet of fire

The harry potter series is an amazing one, but my favorite of the series by far is Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. This book includes friendship, magic, dragons, sea creatures, and a big giant maze. Harry Potter and the goblet of fire was written by J.K. Rowling. The genre of this book as well as the others in fantasy.

This book has multiple settings, but two of them are where everything takes place. The first is the quidditch world cup where the villain Voldemort is first summoned. The second is Hogwarts, the magical school that the main characters attend. All the other settings of the story are on the Hogwarts grounds. The main characters are Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. Harry is a very outgoing person and no matter what the situation is he tries to be the hero. Hermione is the intelligent of the group mastering all spells that she tries to learn. Ron is brave but also very scared. There are also 3 important side characters. Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Fleur Delacour.

The story follows that 2 other schools are coming to visit for the triwizard tournament. All 3 schools get one candidate to compete in the tournament. Only 3 are supposed to be in the tournament but harry was a fluke. There are 3 events in the triwizard tournament and all 4 must compete in each one. Harry is not supposed to be in the tournament because he is not of age. Harry does not know the spells all the others know and he is at a disadvantage. Harry has to compete in all the dangerous tasks and his friends help him to conquer them.

This book is one of my favorites and I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes action, adventure, or fantasy stories. These books would probably interest teens, but a lot of adults also like harry potter. It’s very interesting, and includes multiple elements to make the book more fun and the characters all the more like-able. Seeing as it is the fourth book in a series of 7 It helps you to understand the characters more so.

All in all harry potter is a great book and I strongly recommend it.

message 2: by Mykayla (new)

Mykayla | 4 comments This book seems like a mystery an its interesting. I think it would be a good book to read.

message 3: by Tatyana (new)

Tatyana Dieatrick | 3 comments Great review over the Harry Potter series! I would recommend to add a little more of your review just for a bit of a spolier. Like what happens to the rest of the characters other than Harry and what do they do? I would really like to read this and also the rest of the 7 book series. What made this book be your favorite out of a 7 book series? Hopefuly the 4th book could be one of my favorites too!

message 4: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Bagby | 4 comments yes, but i mostly based it on harry potter so people would want to know what happened with other characters and read the book.