Book Haven discussion

Sex in paranormal romance/urban fantasy books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do the poll!
There's been some discussion lately—thanks to Fifty Shades—about the amount of sex in books. I'm specifically interested in the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genre. That's what I write in, and I've included a couple of sex scenes in each of my books because that's what I assumed readers want. Is it?
Here's the link to the poll, if you'd like to take part
http://timamarialacoba.blogspot.com.a...

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments I have no problem with it

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Sonia. Neither do I, as long as it's tastefully done and propels the story.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Pang (michaelpang) | 6 comments What I find kind of strange with the paranormal romance is that most of the supernatural creatures use humans as a food source. So...isn't it kind of strange to get intimate with your food. It's like getting it on with a piece of chicken or a burger...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol! Good point, Michael. But since, according to lore, all these creatures at one time either were human or are part-human, they can enjoy human relationships. But hey, let the imagination run free.

message 6: by Nuran (new)

Nuran (nuurie) | 3 comments If it’s done well and there isn’t one every 50 pages, then I’m happy to have it in.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Nuran wrote: "If it’s done well and there isn’t one every 50 pages, then I’m happy to have it in."

I agree, Nuran. Thanks for your comment.