Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Listing a Giveaway/Changing ASIN to ISBN

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthias (new)

Matthias Drawe | 2 comments I have just published a hardcover for my title "Wild Years in West Berlin" on CreateSpace. It was initially published as an eBook on Amazon.com (ASIN: B00NVD7NFS, Sept 23., 2014). The eBook is in the Goodreads database.

When I try to set up the giveaway for the hardcopy, the automated system tells me that the ISBN for the hardcover is not in the database. How can I add it? I tried adding the hardcover title with the respective ISBN but when entering the title of the book, the automated system shows the listed eBook and tells me that I can only list either the ASIN or the ISBN. How can I list the ISBN version/hard copy of the same title?
Here are the ISBN numbers of the hardcopy as a reference:
ISBN-13: 978-1508409571
ISBN-10: 1508409579
Thanks for your time, Matthias

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
The hardcover edition appears to be listed correctly in the system. Beyond that, librarians cannot assist you with a giveaway, as librarians have no control over giveaways. If you are unable to get it to cooperate, you'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

message 3: by Matthias (new)

Matthias Drawe | 2 comments Many thanks for your reply Rivka. - I have resolved the issue in the meantime and was able to set up the Giveaway. - Thanks for your time, Matthias