YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Her Secret Prince (Royal Holiday, #2)
This topic is about Her Secret Prince
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Her Secret Prince by Madeline Ash --> starting 25th April 2015

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christina | 4418 comments At sixteen, Dee Johnson gambled her heart on her best friend Jed Brown – and lost when he disappeared without a trace.

Ten years on, Dee’s life is uprooted when Jed turns up on her doorstep, asking for her help.

Dee has been left behind by everyone she’s loved: her parents, her close friend Alexia, and a stream of lovers. She moves fast with men and suspects this is why they move on fast. Now that’s Jed’s back in her life, she’s taking no chances. Despite the attraction ripping at her seams, she holds back, knowing she wouldn't recover from being loved and left by him a second time.

A constant traveler, Jed has only felt at home once in his life – with Dee. Now that he’s found her again, he's determined to make up for lost time. He'll never leave her again.

Until an unexpectedly royal revelation threatens to strip Jed of his freedom and future – including his place by Dee’s side.

Christina | 4418 comments End of Prologue: (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 2
(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 5 - (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 7
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Christina (last edited Apr 24, 2015 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christina | 4418 comments Happy ending! This was a very cute read (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Christina wrote: "End of Prologue: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments @ Chapter 1

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Christina wrote: "@ Chapter 1

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Christina wrote: "End of chapter 2
I don't get why after ten years Jeb decided to look for Dee. It's just too long! They're practically strangers now. His conversation with Felix was quite cryptic.

Even after ten ..."

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Christina, I just finished it! It was so engaging I forgot to post ny progress here, lol. Anyway, we can still discuss it, right? Even without my progress :D But well since it's 1:49 am here and I bet you're mostly sleeping now, we'll do it tomorrow. One thing for sure, I enjoyed this one much more than The Cinderella Princess :)

Christina | 4418 comments Yes I was sleeping ;) it's nearly 11am now. I'm liking this series a a lot! Glad you like them too

@chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Up to chapter 2 atm and finding this very different to the first book in the series. There's more lust here whereas the first book was cute and fluffy

message 15: by Noella (last edited Apr 26, 2015 01:03AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Christina wrote: "End of chapter 2"
(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Noella wrote: "Up to chapter 2 atm and finding this very different to the first book in the series. There's more lust here whereas the first book was cute and fluffy"

Yes, there are more sex scenes in this book than in book 1. But I liked the story better than book 1. And Dee is so lovable :)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments I don't feel like I really got to know their backstory. The beginning said they were 7 months best friends before Dee decided to act on her desire. I'd rather it was written about rather than implied. Now they're reunited and they can't help feel a strong attraction again and it's physical...

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 50%
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83063 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "End of Prologue: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 71%
(view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "I don't feel like I really got to know their backstory. The beginning said they were 7 months best friends before Dee decided to act on her desire. I'd rather it was written about rather than impli..."

I don't feel like there's enough backstory either, we're just kind of thrown into it.

Christina wrote: "@ Chapter 1

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Christina (last edited Apr 26, 2015 04:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christina | 4418 comments But on a guy I find it a bit odd :P I prefer short hair

Ah! I read it wrong! I thought it was him telling her that he liked her bun! on a guy that is just totally wrong.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Christina wrote: "But on a guy I find it a bit odd :P I prefer short hair"

Same here, long hair is ok, but a bun? not my thing haha

I'm not the biggest fan of long hair on a guy, but yeah, a bun sounds really weird.

37% (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 84%
(view spoiler)

52% (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "84%
[spoilers removed]"

I thought that odd too.

Noella wrote: "Finished
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Christina wrote: "."

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Interesting article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ruthyanney/21...

Lol, hmm it doesn't sway me though

yuck. me either.

message 36: by Christina (last edited Apr 26, 2015 05:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christina | 4418 comments Ha! Man buns
Nope still don't like

Number 9 was ok cos it's messy and curly but the rest is still yuck

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Her Secret Prince, Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm not the biggest fan of long hair on a guy, but yeah, a bun sounds really weird."

me neither ,. and now man buns too and there's apparently dreamy man buns LOL xD

man buns. it's just so wrong!

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ending (view spoiler)

I'd give it 3 stars like you guys did :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Sarah wrote: "man buns. it's just so wrong!"

Haha, it's just me then that really like man with hair bun :D

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Christina wrote: "End of Prologue: [spoilers removed]"
I agree - I hated that they just up and left. I wish Ellie had at least let Jed say goodbye, even if he couldn't have given an explanation about why they were leaving.

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Christina wrote: "End of chapter 2
I don't get why after ten years Jeb decided to look for Dee. It's just too long! They're practically strangers now. His conversation with Felix was quite cryptic.

Even after ten ..."

It was quite strange to leave it for 10 years before finding her - it was almost unbelievable that he just stayed away for so long, because he was an adult much sooner than the 10 years, more like 3 years!

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Christina wrote: "But on a guy I find it a bit odd :P I prefer short hair"

I'm mostly ok with shaggier hair on a guy as long as he keeps it clean and neat, but long hair and definitely the man bun just kept giving me the wrong picture! I kept visualizing my hair on Jed and it made me laugh every time!

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Ending [spoilers removed]

I'd give it 3 stars like you guys did :)"

I ended up giving it 4 stars because I really enjoyed it, but then again, I'm sort of a sucker for quick romantic reads.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Hahaha this book has definitely made me take more notice of man buns on the street