YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Challenge Archive > Team Dickens - Team Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 316 (316 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited May 30, 2015 07:27AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83339 comments Mod
The members of this team are as follows:

Noella ✔
Gayatri ✔
Melanie ✔
Jamie ✔
Christina ✔
Rachmi ✔
Nikinnia ✔
Selma ✔
Alley ✔
Jessica ✔
Tammie ✔

Can every member of this team please comment on this thread to say they are 'ready' before May 1st please ☺

If you would like to change your team name, please let me know what you would like to change it to ☺

message 2: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Ready! I liked the name of our group, though I only have read two Dickens books so far :D

message 3: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Ready! Love the team name!

I was trying to think of something different, I figured we'd get a bit confused if I used numbers again ☺

message 5: by Nikinnia (new)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments Ready!

message 7: by Christina (last edited Apr 24, 2015 05:22AM) (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Ready :D Time to get those chunky books sorted

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Ready!

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Checking in. Getting ready :) I'll share my starting May lineup once I get through this weekend.

message 12: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

There is some real competition going to be going on this weekend I think! ☺

message 13: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Ready!

What's going on this weekend? xD I took a realy short hiatus from goodsreads and such sites to get some things taken care of, so I have no idea what's going on.

message 14: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Books I Know I'll be Reading in May

Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman
Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2) by Rachel Hartman
The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan
Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

message 15: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Alley wrote: "Books I Know I'll be Reading in May

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson"

I'd love to join seaphina!!

message 16: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Selma wrote: "Alley wrote: "Books I Know I'll be Reading in May

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson"..."

Great! I'd like to get that one knocked out early if possible.

message 17: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Alley wrote: "Selma wrote: "Alley wrote: "Books I Know I'll be Reading in May

[bookcover:Words of Radia..."

Yes, that would be nice, but it would have to be in the weekend. :)

message 18: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Selma wrote: "Alley wrote: "Selma wrote: "Alley wrote: "Books I Know I'll be Reading in May

[bookcover:..."

This upcoming weekend would work great for me!

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Alley wrote: "Ready!

What's going on this weekend? xD I took a realy short hiatus from goodsreads and such sites to get some things taken care of, so I have no idea what's going on."

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Crazy weekend for me!
Anyways the weekend comments are that this weekend was the last weekend for the April challenges plus for some readers there was a big readathon (Dewey's 24 readathon) that we participated.

message 20: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Here are some books I might read the first 1/2 of May. If anyone wants to join me for Game (Jasper Dent, #2) by Barry Lyga any just let me know which and when.
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Geektastic Stories from the Nerd Herd by Holly Black The Shadow Dragons (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #4) by James A. Owen Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Many Bloody Returns by Charlaine Harris Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa Far Far Away by Tom McNeal The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3) by Julie Kagawa Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper The Memory of You (Return to Redemption, #0.5) by Laurie Kellogg Clockwise (Clockwise, #1) by Elle Strauss Finding Emma (Finding Emma, #1) by Steena Holmes So if anyone want to join me, those books get priority. Looking to do at least 4-5 of these withing the first couple weeks.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Hi Jamie! I'd like to buddy read Clockwise the second week of May, if that works for you. :)

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments @Melanie Sure! Any particular day?

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Does the 12th work for you?

message 24: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Sure! I'll get a thread set up :)

message 25: by Melanie (last edited Apr 27, 2015 10:53PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Here are some of my May reads: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton On the Fence by Kasie West Scarlet (Scarlet, #1) by A.C. Gaughen Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess, #1) by Jessica Day George The Book of Spells (Private, #0.5) by Kate Brian A Taste of Danger (Nancy Drew, #174) by Carolyn Keene

If anyone wants to buddy read books, just let me know :)

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Jamie wrote: "Sure! I'll get a thread set up :)"

Thanks!

message 27: by Selma (last edited Apr 27, 2015 11:54PM) (new)

Selma | 472 comments Melanie wrote: "Here are some of my May reads: The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenAlong for the Ride by Sarah DessenLock and Key by Sarah DessenThis is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith[book..."

I'd love to read This is What Happy Looks Like and Princess of the Midnight Ball with you :)

message 28: by Nikinnia (new)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments Melanie I can read Along for the Ride and Lock and Key.

message 29: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Jamie wrote: "Here are some books I might read the first 1/2 of May. If anyone wants to join me forGame (Jasper Dent, #2) by Barry Lyga any just let me know which and when.
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare [bookc..."

I'll join you on City of Heavenly Fire and Talon anytime during the month.

message 30: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments I'm ready!

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments @Alley

Great!

How about city of heavenly fire May 3 and Talon on the 11th for setup?

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Selma and Nikinnia,

I posted the threads. I put these dates down, but if they don't work, just let me know. ;) This will be the most BRs I've done in a month with this group -- excited!

Along for the Ride - May 3rd
This is What Happy Looks like - May 4th
Lock and Key - May 5th
Princess of the Midnight Ball - May 7

message 33: by Jessica (last edited Apr 28, 2015 04:53PM) (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments I'm ready to go!
I'll also join CoHF on May 3rd! I'm so excited for the book!!!!

*Also, on the 'review' thread, you forgot my name but I'm on the chat thread here :(

message 34: by Nikinnia (new)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments Thanks Melanie

message 35: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Would anyone like to read From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion with me? It's available as Read Now at NetGalley.

message 36: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Me! I'd like to read it with you Noella :) But I can only do it either on 6th or after 16th.

message 37: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments @Jamie, I'd love to read The Graveyard Book with you, but I can do it at mid of May if you don't mind? :)

message 38: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Rachmi wrote: "Me! I'd like to read it with you Noella :) But I can only do it either on 6th or after 16th."

Yay, 6th then? Here's the existing thread
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 39: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Rachmi wrote: "@Jamie, I'd love to read The Graveyard Book with you, but I can do it at mid of May if you don't mind? :)"

I can set it up for the 15th then :)

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Jessica wrote: "I'm ready to go!
I'll also join CoHF on May 3rd! I'm so excited for the book!!!!

I'll set it up then :)

message 41: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments @Noella, great! I'll put it on my calendar, otherwise I'll forget about it. Moreover I've already schedule too many buddy reading for May :D

message 42: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments @Jamie, 15th would be great! Can you please set its thread? Thanks you :)

message 43: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments @Noella, apparently I've already schedule one buddy reading on 6th which I completely forgot :(

I'll try to read both of them on that day, though. But I'll take it slowly since I'm bad at reading two books at a time :)

message 44: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Rachmi wrote: "@Noella, great! I'll put it on my calendar, otherwise I'll forget about it. Moreover I've already schedule too many buddy reading for May :D"

Oki. I on the other hand need to schedule some more :P It's looking pretty bare at the moment haha

message 45: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm already full booked till mid of May with 2 thick books waiting to be read lol

message 46: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Just wondering, who's doing the page count challenge and the bookish blocks challenge simultaneously next month?

message 47: by Nikinnia (new)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments I am. Can we count one book towards both challenges?

message 48: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Yup!

message 49: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments I am also doing both challenges.

message 50: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Do you have a plan for the rows you are going to complete?
I'm going to attempt the rainbow block !

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7