YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Challenge Archive > Team Brontë - Team Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,043 (1043 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jun 01, 2015 02:52AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84178 comments Mod
The members of this team are as follows:

Nikki ✔
Elizabeth UK ✔
Courtney ✔
Rachel G. ✔
Markus ✔
Elizabeth M. ✔
Natalie ✔
Jackie ✔
Berit ✔
Tana ✔ ?
Aneesa ✔

Can every member of this team please comment on this thread to say they are 'ready' before May 1st please ☺

If you would like to change your team name, please let me know what you would like to change it to ☺

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Ready to do this!

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Ready :)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Hiiii Nikki!!

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Ready!:D

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Yay!!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Ready :D I'm loving these team challenges at the moment! Really excited!

message 10: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Ready! :)

message 12: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm ready! :)

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Good morning!! I'm ready!! Hello all!! Love the names Sarah :-)

message 16: by Markus (new)

Markus Ready! Just thinking, maybe we could all read a Bronte book in honour of the name?

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments That is a great idea! Have you read any? I'm not a big classic person, but I would give it a try :-)

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I am so ready! Hi guys, I'm Beth. :)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Welcome! We are a chatty bunch, so just jump right in and let's have fun!

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

message 22: by Markus (new)

Markus I haven't read any of her books, I have only read a few classics as well. I'm going to try to read bigger books, so maybe Jane Eyre could be good. I'll definitely read Love, Rosie as well.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments I definitely want to read Love Rosie, maybe in the later part of the month if you want to buddy?

message 24: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I love classics! (well, British classics, at least.) I've read only books by Emily and Anne Bronte, but never Charlotte (the better known of the three). I've tried to read Jane Eyre, but haven't been able to get into it before. I love all of their poetry though. They were a very talented family.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Do you have any suggestions, non-poetry suggestions? ;-)

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I've enjoyed all of the novels I've read. Wuthering Heights was not my favorite, but I did enjoy reading it. The style was interesting. Anne's novels are The Tenant of Wildfell Hall and Agnes Gray. It's been years since I've read either of them, but I really enjoyed them when I did.

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I vote Wuthering Heights.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the idea. Don't know which one I'll read yet.

message 29: by Markus (new)

Markus Definitely, Berit, I could buddy it.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Perfect Marcus! Anytime after the 11th will be fantastic!

message 31: by Markus (new)

Markus Also, does anyone want to read The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater? The second book has a thread as well, they are quite chunky, too, so more points.

message 32: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Markus wrote: "Also, does anyone want to read The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater? The second book has a thread as well, they are quite chunky, too, so more points."

Yes! I am doing the buddy read for book two and I have to read the first one first (obviously). Do you want to buddy read it?

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments I also want to read those books :-), but as I said the first of my month is tied up, I will be reading, but it is complicated, so perhaps I can catch up, at some point :-) I'll just comment on whatever thread you all set up!

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Well we are reading the second one starting the 20th. I probably can't read the first one until around the 12th-15th. I have five or six others starting the 1st and 2nd. :) I also have book three, so if anyone wants to read that one at the end of the month, we could do that as well. :)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments That's perfect!

message 36: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments So you want to buddy them? I can set up threads. How about Raven Boys on the 14th and then Blue Lily, Lily Blue on the 26th? (and Dream Thieves is already set for the 20th)

Would that work for you guys, Berit and Markus?

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Works for me!

message 38: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Great! :)

message 39: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I asked for the threads to be changed for Raven Boys and Blue Lily, Lily Blue. They have been added for the 14th and 26th. :)

message 40: by Markus (last edited Apr 24, 2015 12:31PM) (new)

Markus Yes, that's good. I can probably read the first two books, I don't really want to buy the the third one, they don't sell it in my country anyway.

message 41: by Markus (new)

Markus Does anyone want to read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel? I would really like to, might just read it alone, but I'd like to get as many buddy read in as possible.

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Markus wrote: "Yes, that's good. I can probably read the first two books, I don't really want to buy the the third one, they don't sell it in my country anyway."

That's cool. :) Read as much as you like. What country do you live in?

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Courtney wrote: "I asked for the threads to be changed for Raven Boys and Blue Lily, Lily Blue. They have been added for the 14th and 26th. :)"

If I remember, I'd love to join in on reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue if that's okay??? (but my memory is a bit shoddy sometimes so I might forget.)

message 44: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments That would be great. I'll post here on the team thread once the date rolls around. it's still a month away. :)

message 45: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Courtney wrote: "That would be great. I'll post here on the team thread once the date rolls around. it's still a month away. :)"

Awesome, sounds good (and that would be SO very helpful, lol--I swear sometimes I'd forget to breathe if it wasn't a natural process of the brain.)

message 46: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Yeah. I keep a written list for books I know I'm planning to read, otherwise I lose track. I'll definitely remind everyone though. Those will be some nice points for our team. :)

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Courtney wrote: "Yeah. I keep a written list for books I know I'm planning to read, otherwise I lose track. I'll definitely remind everyone though. Those will be some nice points for our team. :)"

That's a good idea--I might have to figure out a system for myself. Maybe something on my desktop that I can look at every time I log in... :)

message 48: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Haha, yeah. It really does help. I love having something where everything is in one place. Or just a stack of books in my floor. So many of them are on my kindle though, so I would be sure to forget those.

message 49: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Jackie wrote: "Hiiii Nikki!!"

Hey Jackie :)

message 50: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments I think it's a brilliant idea to read a book in name of our team, wuthering heights I have on my tbr list ... Open to suggestions though

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21