The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) The Kiss of Deception discussion

Kiss of Deception....more like Kiss of OMG!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tae (last edited Apr 24, 2015 12:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae I got The Kiss of Deception only the other day and am now on chapter 35 or 72....it's that good! It's love triangle meets killer assassin meets OMG! It's about a princess who is to save her kingdom through an arranged marriage but leaves him at the alter. A jilted prince in search of the "the one that got away". An assassin set out for the kill of a "royal". All the while you never really know who's who and what's what but you also never get lost in the story so much that you loss interest, in actuality, I can't put the book down!

The Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson - READ IT!

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Lol, have you passed the big twist in the middle of the book? Its HUGE! Absolutely MINDBLOWING! hehe. Cant wait for the next book

message 3: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "Lol, have you passed the big twist in the middle of the book? Its HUGE! Absolutely MINDBLOWING! hehe. Cant wait for the next book" I'm at the part where Kaden's kidnapped Lia and thier in the Dark Magic place :D....CANT WAIT FOR THE STUFF TO HIT THE FAN!!!

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict T. wrote: "Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "Lol, have you passed the big twist in the middle of the book? Its HUGE! Absolutely MINDBLOWING! hehe. Cant wait for the next book" I'm at the part where Kaden..."

Lol, hasnt the stuff already hit the fan? That whole identity reveal scene was just FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!

message 5: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "T. wrote: "Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "Lol, have you passed the big twist in the middle of the book? Its HUGE! Absolutely MINDBLOWING! hehe. Cant wait for the next book" I'm at the part ..."

OMG! I was on a drive when that happened and without think I said outloud "HuH, what the whaaaaatttt?!" lol! Now if i have it right, the assassin is kaden and rafe is the jilted prince right!

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Yep. Lol its funny, I have a thing for assassins so this whole thing just made me fall in love with Rafe (cuz I thought he was the assassin guy). Honestly if he was written as the prince throughout the whole book I probably would have loved him less and kaden more. Anyway, I still love Rafe as much as I did before I knew he was the prince. I totally ship Ralia. Oh and I love how determined he was to find her after she was kidnapped. Just shows how much he loves her. I just find this whole thing funny though. They were supposed to get married and then Lia fled but then they ended up falling for each other anyway. Its very ironic.

message 7: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "Yep. Lol its funny, I have a thing for assassins so this whole thing just made me fall in love with Rafe (cuz I thought he was the assassin guy). Honestly if he was written as the prince throughout..."
SO TRUE!!! At the beginning I was like "KILL HER, KILL HER!!! YOUR AN ASSASSIN-DO YOUR JOB!!!"....but that was when I thought he was Rafe and even then I wanted her to fall in love with him so that she could be taken by surprise when he killed her....im sick in the head! IKR, I was like, if she found out the person she left at the alter was the SAME person she fell in love with that would be super awkward!!! Do you watch Downton Abby? Cause Berdi reminded me of Ms. Patmore off of the show and I imagined Gwyneth as Black Widow off of the Avengers movie, red hair and all! Then these poor prego Pauline....I wanted to cry for her!

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Lolz. Ikr!

I havent watched Downtown Abby but it looks like an interesting show. Anyway so, you like the avengers? I love it. Cant wait to see the next movie.

message 9: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "Lolz. Ikr!

I havent watched Downtown Abby but it looks like an interesting show. Anyway so, you like the avengers? I love it. Cant wait to see the next movie."

It's a really good show and if you watch it you'll find out who I'm talking about. I can't wait to see the movie but im torn between saving my money to go see it or Star Wars...my bros are like "no brainer, STAR WARS!!!" LOLOLO!!!! My faves are Thor, he's so hot, and the Hulk!

I just finished reading that Kaden's "friends" are the ones that killed Greta and then she tore into them! I was like "GET IT, GET IT, GET IT GIRL!!!!" lolololol

I love this book and can't wait to read the rest! Do you have any recommendations for books that are assassin and love triangle riddled?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a question! Who is the assassin is it Rafe or Kaden???

message 11: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Night Cloud wrote: "I have a question! Who is the assassin is it Rafe or Kaden???"

Kaden! Kaden is the assasian and Rafe is the jilted husband-to-be. How'd you like the book or are you still reading it?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG! I thought it was the other way around! Thank you so much! I am still reading it! I got super confuse about who was who! Thank you!

message 13: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Night Cloud wrote: "OMG! I thought it was the other way around! Thank you so much! I am still reading it! I got super confuse about who was who! Thank you!"

Totes my goats! I love the book to no end! How far are you?! I'd love to talk about it if you'd like?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I am half way through the book! :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

And sure! I would love to talk about it!

message 16: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Night Cloud wrote: "And sure! I would love to talk about it!"
Great, what's your fave part so far?!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Um, lets see it's been a while since I have read it. I stopped reading it because I got confused. But, I really like it when Rafe follows her into the woods, after their argument. But I don't understand is, how did I miss that Rafe was the prince while Kaden was the assassin.
The county Venda is bad, right?

message 18: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Night Cloud wrote: "Um, lets see it's been a while since I have read it. I stopped reading it because I got confused. But, I really like it when Rafe follows her into the woods, after their argument. But I don't under..."

Well, you shouldn't feel too badly, to be honest I didn't get it at all at first until I read it to the end and then i was like *light bulb* "duh, Rafe is the Prince, Kaden is the terribly cute assassin that I'd totally let take me ;), and Venda is really, really, really baaaaaaaaaaaaad! hahahahah, she kinda designed it like that. I too lost entrance for a good 2 minutes until I was like "It's now or never." So I finished it and loved it to the very end. There's a sequel actually :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Tae wrote: "Night Cloud wrote: "Um, lets see it's been a while since I have read it. I stopped reading it because I got confused. But, I really like it when Rafe follows her into the woods, after their argumen..."

Oh, good. I am glad that I am not the only one who was confuse! LOL :)
I will power read it this month! Put it on hold for to long! :)

message 20: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae Night Cloud wrote: "Tae wrote: "Night Cloud wrote: "Um, lets see it's been a while since I have read it. I stopped reading it because I got confused. But, I really like it when Rafe follows her into the woods, after t..."
Good for you, it's a read worth while....I've yet to read the sequal. Had it on hold for--not kidding--6 months and when it finally came I was too busy to go get it. ;( I was so miserable and sad....I still have yet to get over it but I'll probably just buy it later in life...who knows.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no! That really stinks! :(

message 22: by Tae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tae Bae yeah it does....I WANT IT NOWWWWWW! hahahah, I'm pulling my hair out and everytime someone talks about it my skin crawls and my heart skips a beat :P

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

:). Thats how I am waiting for the Winners Kiss!