Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

Lords of the Sith (Star Wars)
This topic is about Lords of the Sith
May book?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J (qwartx) So,
We're almost done April. And I want to make sure I'm onboard for the next group book. I tried to do Splinter of the Mind's Eye, but the read was just painful. Then I didn't have time or really the inclination for Heir to the Jedi.

With May almost upon us and no new book on the slate I wondered if I could put forward Lords of the Sith?

message 2: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
Lords of the Sith will be our May book :)

message 3: by Scott (new) - added it

Scott Mobley | 36 comments Do it! Lords of the Sith is a wonderful novel. It even has subtle ties to Rebels, which will enhance your viewing enjoyment. Do it, do it, do it!

message 4: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J (qwartx) Aaron wrote: "Lords of the Sith will be our May book :)"

YAY! I'm ever so happy!

Marc-Antoine I recently finished this one, but I can't wait to see what you all have to say about it.

Jason Aaron wrote: "Lords of the Sith will be our May book :)"

Can't wait to start reading it later next week when I get it!

message 7: by Chuck (new)

Chuck | 1 comments Just Joined The Group and looking Forward to Be Joining Just As Lords Of The Sith Starts

Julie I'll be joining in once my Library gets it. Someone got it before me, it it might take 3 weeks unless they are a faster reader.

message 9: by Todd (new)

Todd Breiner | 5 comments Marc-Antoine wrote: "I recently finished this one, but I can't wait to see what you all have to say about it."

How did you finish it? I didn't know it came out yet.

message 10: by Joe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joe Hempel (joehempel) | 13 comments I got it a month ago from the publisher. I'm a reviewer and they love my reviews apparently. They send the physical copies (or specially printed ones) to my door. They've been doing that since Cruciable for me

message 11: by Todd (new)

Todd Breiner | 5 comments Wow sounds awesome. Do you know if the chapter in the Star Wars book sampler is chapter 1. Or if there is any other places to read chapters before the book comes out tomorrow?

message 12: by Joe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joe Hempel (joehempel) | 13 comments Just the samplers, they are the same though.

message 13: by Todd (new)

Todd Breiner | 5 comments That's cool I will at least be able to read chapter 1 tonight.

Marc-Antoine Todd wrote: "Marc-Antoine wrote: "I recently finished this one, but I can't wait to see what you all have to say about it."

How did you finish it? I didn't know it came out yet."

I had preordered it from Indigo, and I received ahead of the release. This is the second time time it happens to me. But I'm not complaining....

Julie Julie wrote: "I'll be joining in once my Library gets it. Someone got it before me, it it might take 3 weeks unless they are a faster reader."

Whoever had it must have been a fast reader, cause I got it today and already a couple chapters in.

message 16: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Rush (kolejorg) | 22 comments My copy was supposed to be here from Amazon yesterday. Instead I'm impatiently waiting.

message 17: by Jon (new)

Jon Christian | 3 comments I looking forward to the audible version of Lords of the sith

message 18: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Rush (kolejorg) | 22 comments I'm about a 1/4 done and had to quit reading for the night. This book is so much better than heir to the jedi. I hate to compare them. But wow. So much better.

message 19: by Joe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joe Hempel (joehempel) | 13 comments Jon wrote: "I looking forward to the audible version of Lords of the sith"

Audio versions of Star Wars are DEFINITELY the way to go!

The audiobook of Heir to the Jedi was probably what made my experience so much better....he NAILED Luke Skywalker.

message 20: by Troy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Troy (mcgritch) I agree, the well-produced audio versions are definitely worth the investment. I'm hoping Lords of the Sith follows in Tarkin's footsteps after having struggled through the unbelievably bad Heir to the Jedi. Don't believe me? Read this review from Luke. It's in first person!: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 21: by Pikmin (new) - added it

Pikmin | 14 comments My first book with the group having recently discovered the podcast following the Celebration VII coverage. Looking forward to it

message 22: by Jason (last edited Apr 30, 2015 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jason My copy from B&N is coming tomorrow. Can't wait to dive into Lords of the Sith!

Dylan (dyltrocity) Just got mine today! Can't wait to start :)

message 24: by Todd (new)

Todd Breiner | 5 comments So far I'm a couple chapters in. I'm re watching the Clone Wars episodes to get even more into it.

Travis | 116 comments I'm just now getting Heir to the Jedi from my library; no idea why they took this long to get it in. I've had a request for Lords of the Sith for weeks but I'm guessing it will be a little while until the library gets that one in, too. So I'll be lagging the group on these new books, but I can't afford (and honestly don't want) to buy them at the moment.

Brittanie Oxner | 5 comments So Im new to the group. Do we just start reading or are we suppose to wait for an announcement and read it all together? I saw the reading timeline for Heir to the Jedi so thats what made me wonder. I guess its to prevent spoilers for others.

Bruce | 137 comments Typically, they divide the book into four weeks. Nothing like that has been posted yet, but yes, go ahead and start reading.

message 28: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Rush (kolejorg) | 22 comments If you haven't read it yet. Hurry up. That book was fantastic. This is how Star Wars in the new canon needs to be done! Now if I can get a redo on the last one...

message 29: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
Hey guys. I just created some topics for the Lords of the Sith discussion. Sorry for the delay.

Thomas Myers | 9 comments Heh, I finished it already since I was on spring break.

Julie Thomas wrote: "Heh, I finished it already since I was on spring break."

I'll probably finish tonight cause I have an hour before bedtime now. I will probably back track to A New Dawn cause I missed that book. If I find things I love or hate, I may post on the old feed for that book.