The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Ash vs The Evil Dead — Everything You Need to Know

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments Executive Producers Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, and Bruce Campbell sat down for an hour long phone conference in which they answer every question put to them about the up coming Starz TV series.

http://io9.com/new-deadites-everythin...

Are you interested in more adventures of Ash against the Deadites?

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Parent | 22 comments Hell yeah!

message 3: by Louie (last edited Jul 02, 2015 12:11PM) (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments First image of Ash

[click to embiggen]

[via EW]

message 4: by Louie (last edited Jul 07, 2015 01:24PM) (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments More images of Ash

[click to embiggen]

[via EW]

message 5: by Louie (last edited Jul 07, 2015 01:33PM) (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments And some pages from the Necronomicon

[click to embiggen]

[via EW]

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Parent | 22 comments Can't wait to watch this !

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele | 1154 comments Anyone else watch this yet? It was freaking awesome!!

message 10: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments Sadly, I do not have Starz. :(

message 11: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments I watched it twice in a row last night. It's as if no time has passed.

It was funny, it was dark, it was clever and the special effects were terrific, especially for a TV series. The make-up effects were brilliant.

It was also educational: I learned that drugs are bad but poetry is worse.

The scene where they introduce Kelly should be taught in film school: in the space of less than a minute you get Ash being his usual clueless Ash-hole self, you learn that she's a badass who can take care of herself and a taste of her backstory, all wrapped up in funny dialogue.

Spoiler for the scene where Ash meets Kelly:
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Darren (new)

Darren That might be the best pilot ever shot.

message 13: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments Having watched the entire season now, my final assessment is this:

This is easily one of the best genre shows ever made. I would stack it up against anything you care to name.

It has its own sense of identity, fully-realized characters and manages to be both scary and funny, often at the same time. It also sports old school gross-out effects, which is not something I'm particularly into but I have to hand it to them for doing a masterful job.

The ending left me eagerly anticipating the next season.

message 14: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1339 comments It was a bowl of fun. A big old bowl of innards fun .

message 15: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Sucks when shows like this end up on specific pay channels.

message 16: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments Joe wrote: "Sucks when shows like this end up on specific pay channels."

The alternative is that they wouldn't exist otherwise. There's no way this show could exist even on channels like AMC or FX.

Even if you can't see it right now, you'll get to watch it eventually. I'm always a year behind on Game of Thrones, for instance, because I don't subscribe to HBO, but I do get to see it on DVD.

message 17: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2291 comments I watched the pilot when they had it available for free, and I will happily preorder the Blu-ray.

(Which is also my story about The Expanse.)