Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

Group Reading > New Vote for May 15 - June 15 Group read

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 23, 2015 06:50PM) (new)

Delirious by Daniel Palmer Bloody Waters (Lupe Solano, #1) by Carolina Garcia-Aguilera The Inside Ring (Joe DeMarco, #1) by Mike Lawson Edwin of the Iron Shoes by Marcia Muller Phantom Instinct by Meg Gardiner Silent Screams by C.E. Lawrence

Hi Everyone:

Unfortunately, I have been told that Minette Walters won't be able to join us in May for our group read because she is writing a Novella. My reply to her was to say that we can consider reading the book at a later date when she is available.
As a result of this news, I feel that we can have another vote for a different book because I know that there are other authors who would like to join us if we read their book. I want to be fair to them since I know that they want to have the chance to join the group for our group read.
My feeling is that we enjoy having the author join us for the group read and we should not lose out on that chance. If you feel differently and want to vote for The Dark Room, then feel free to do so.
I have added other books that were nominated earlier by Meg Gardiner and C.E Lawrence as well.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Just to let everyone know, I will contact authors ahead of time in the future to make sure that they want to participate in the group read. I didn't think this was necessary since all the authors that have joined us for group reads and others that I have mentioned our group too were very excited about coming here. This is still a learning experience for me in any case so I promise that this won't happen again.

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla (carla1957) I vote for Silent Screams by C.E. Lawrence or Delirious by Daniel Palmer

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Carla. You still get two books to vote for like before.

message 5: by Temple (last edited Apr 24, 2015 07:13PM) (new)

Temple (temple62) | 60 comments I vote for Delirious By Daniel Palmer and Silent Screams by C.E. Lawrence.

message 6: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Bloody Waters and Edwin

message 7: by Temple (new)

Temple (temple62) | 60 comments Ron wrote: "Just to let everyone know, I will contact authors ahead of time in the future to make sure that they want to participate in the group read. I didn't think this was necessary since all the authors ..."

Thanks, Ron you're doing great.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Temple. I appreciate your understanding about this, along with everyone else in the group. I'm always working hard for all of you.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to leave the voting up for another week. I would tell you that I did read one of these books that are nominated and would say that you really shouldn't miss out on it. If you like real psychological thrillers like Gregg Hurwitz for example, I would tell you that the book that is here will keep you on the edge of your couch for the entire time you read it. It was one of the best psychological thrillers that I read and I said in my review that I wish I could give it more than five stars. I can't say that about The Girl On The Train or Gone Girl. I'm happy to go out on a limb for this book and say that about this book. I would love to read it again as well.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Delirious by Daniel Palmer

At this point, I will break the tie for this month and close the vote, declaring Delirious the winner. I read this book before and look forward to reading it again. If you really like psychological thrillers, then you will be in for a treat. I have to say that if you start this book, you will have a very difficult time putting it down. I know I did and I did finish it in a few days.
I can start this group read on May 20th so people have more time to get the book. Let me know if you have any questions.
Also, if you didn't know this. Daniel Palmer is the son of Michael Palmer, who wrote great medical thrillers like Coma. Maybe you'll have questions for Daniel on this on the thread.