Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Cinder discussion

Lunar Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor Stephenson I love these books! I just read Fairest maybe a week ago and I love how everything ties in with everything else.

Marissa Meyer I really admire that this is a nanowrimo book (Cinder) because I tried doing that and I just can't write that fast. Check out Marissa Meyer's page. :)

Nikita I was surprised to find how much I really enjoyed this series. It's gripping, entertaining, and a mixture between fairy tales and Star Wars. I love the plot, the story, and the characters are great. Even Leavana. Fairest was really insightful into her character and while I sympathized with her on some level, I still hate her for everything else she's done. The series is a lot of fun and I can't wait to start reading Winter.

Taylor Stephenson That's basically how I feel about the series as a whole. Well said.

Ilana i really enjoyed the series as well. i think that there's something to be said about merging fairy tales that we all know into fantasy - and this was done really well.

Like you guys said with Levanna and Fairest - i think that it was one of the better novellas that i've read in series. it gives you some pretty decent insight into a character that we all hate and now we know why we're supposed to hate her which is so much more substantiated. although....it kind of makes you want to like her a bit more since she was put in a bad situation when she was young.

Kelly Brigid ♡ Taylor wrote: "I love these books! I just read Fairest maybe a week ago and I love how everything ties in with everything else.

Marissa Meyer I really admire that this is a nanowrimo book (Cind..."

Not only was Cinder written for NaNoWriMo, but Marissa Meyer finished the first draft of it within the first two weeks.

Taylor Stephenson That's amazing!

Nikita ✞♣♫~Қεllყ~♫♣✞ wrote: "Taylor wrote: "I love these books! I just read Fairest maybe a week ago and I love how everything ties in with everything else.

Marissa Meyer I really admire that this is a nanow..."

Wish I could do that.

Kelly Brigid ♡ Nikita wrote: "✞♣♫~Қεllყ~♫♣✞ wrote: "Taylor wrote: "I love these books! I just read Fairest maybe a week ago and I love how everything ties in with everything else.

Marissa Meyer I really admir..."

Same here, haha. I would've attempted to write a novel for NaNoWriMo, but I didn't hear about it until the last week of November :P

Melinda Brasher I loved Cinder, and the cool mix of fairy tale and science fiction. I didn't realize it was a nanowrimo book--such an awesome program. Here's my first Nanowrimo novel--rough draft finished day 28, if I remember right. :) Far-Knowing (Far-Knowing, #1) by Melinda Brasher

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Cinder (other topics)
Far-Knowing (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marissa Meyer (other topics)