What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci-fi book on Eden-like planet, young woman protagonist, possible class warfare

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire (f20clarity) | 2 comments Hi everyone, I read a sci-fi book about 8 years ago and I'd love to figure out what the title was. It was about a young woman and her family (I think there was at least one parent or grandparent and possibly a younger sibling) living on a beautiful Eden-like planet. However, because of what humanity did to Earth, the people living on this new planet are not allowed to go into the environment and are kept away.

I specifically remember a scene in which a group of wealthy visitors to the planet (I'm not sure if the girl was with them or if this was from another character's perspective) go on a tour through the wilderness on a series of metal boardwalks with fences around them. They see a group of people that live on the planet trying to escape into the wild. The government has created creatures that keep the environment safe from people and a hoard of ants attacks the escaping group and, as far as I can remember, eats them.

I'm pretty sure the cover had an illustration of a girl hanging horizontally between some chains or rope or something in a huge metal or concrete sphere. I feel like the title had something to do with Pandora, but I haven't been able to find anything from that alone. Anything you can think of might help me remember, thanks!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Bump.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bell | 28 comments Kingdom of Cages by Sarah Zettel.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Claire, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Did you check out Deborah's suggestion "Kingdom of Cages"?