What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book involving a girl and dragon - Fantasy some romance, lots of adventures. Probably YA/ NA [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet | 10 comments Hello!

Thank you for your help.
I read this book in 2001/2002. It may have been a trilogy- was all in one bigger paperback.

It was about a book where the main character, a girl, was the daughter of the town's whore. Her father was not in the picture as he had been a foreigner. The girl was very fat, and after her mother dies (a long time afterwards) she finds out that her mother made her fat on purpose she didn't have any competition in the whore business.

After refusing the town's offer to replace her mother as whore, the girl leaves town. She ends up with two or three traveling companions that she rescues. One that I remember clearly was this small ugly pig (?) like creature that she rescued after it was being tormented in a traveling circus. It can talk and after being kissed three times by the girl it turns into a dragon, and somehow she is pregnant. - The only other traveling companion I remember is a knight that she rescues- I believe he was blind. As she cares for him and they journey back to his home she begins to fall in love with him, but when they return to his home, she finds he is already betrothed and was only being kind to her so he can sleep with her. If I recall correctly she didn't.

I know after kissing the pig three times, he leaves and then she goes on some adventures seeking him and I THINK is in love with him

Sadly that's all I remember. I think there were a few sketch pictures but I'm not sure

Thanks for any help you can provide!

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet | 10 comments Thank you Lou! :)

☆Joycedale☆ | 225 comments I want to to read this. Just the fact that they offered her the job as the whore had me curious lol.

message 5: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 435 comments Cheers!