Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

Total Star Wars Print Newb

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Brock | 8 comments Hey all, brand new to the group and only found the podcast about a wk ago from Fangirls Going Rogue as I've tried to expand my recently reacquired fandom of Star Wars.

I got really pumped back up with the release of the 1st trailer for episode VII & fueled by the new Rebels series. However, I've found that these things aren't enough & I've started seeking out stories in print for the first time.

Tbh, I never gave the novels much thought. I was almost 8 when the original Star Wars hit the theatre & always loved them, but never before now pursued the stories to the written word. By the time I was truly reading, it already seemed so overwhelming (still does). That's why I was glad to find this pod cast & group (along with Fangirls Going Rogue, & Skywalking through Neverland) to help feed my habit and give me guidance.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Urbina | 14 comments Well, you picked a perfect time to start. The timeline was basically wiped clean and the only novels out are standalone adventures. Just pick one and start!

message 3: by James (new)

James Brock | 8 comments Ikr? Quick question, by the description of the new Lords of the Sith, it doesn't look necessary to read any other new canon novels beforehand, is that right? I mention this bc I thought it was the next novel to be discussed by the group

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Urbina | 14 comments Not needed at all.
You can start there and go back later if you want. There's a timeline conveniently printed at the beginning of the book so you can find a place to read.

message 5: by James (new)

James Brock | 8 comments Awesome. Thanks