Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenge Archives > Madness in May Challenge - Sign up

Comments Showing 1-50 of 237 (237 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (last edited May 10, 2015 08:08AM) (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 684 comments Mod
Hi guys!

Welcome to Challenge Corner's very first challenge! As its our very first challenge we thought that we'd start off with, what is essentially, a spring cleaning challenge. So the aim of the challenge is to get rid of as many of those tbr books that you haven't gotten round to reading yet or maybe you have some ARC's piling up that you really need to start.

Rules:
1 point per book
1 point per buddy read
No minimum page count
This is a solo challenge
Unfortunately we cant accept graphic novels and comics in this challenge.
There will be a page count to try and make things fair therefore for every 500 pages read we will add on 3 points.
We can only count pages that are read between the 1st of May and the 31st of May

If you would like to join then please post below and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)

Participants:
Nikki
Berit
Maya
Victoria
Lisa
Courtney
Anna
Lexi
Jess
Twila
Gracie
Bookbuyer
Taylor
Simone
Courtney

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Will be happy to join in with this :)

message 3: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Added :)

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Ty :)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Nikki wrote: "Will be happy to join in with this :)"

Nikki wrote: "Will be happy to join in with this :)"

Great to have you!☺

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) Well my ambitious girls!! I'll join in! Although there is no way I'm going to beat Nikki :-)

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I don't think many people CAN beate her. :)

message 8: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Yes, yes, yes, I would love to join this!

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I'll join! I have a massive pile of books next to my bed that I need to get around to reading, and points encourage me more :P

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Same with me Victoria.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Fransson | 68 comments Could I please join? I'd rather not divulge how many books I have on my bedside table, piled up on the floor and stuffed in boxes under the bed.

message 12: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Haha of course you can Lisa! Im exactly the same haha I have books everywhere :) I'll add all of you now :)

message 13: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

You have all been added now :)

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Let's not even talk about the books I have!

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Fransson | 68 comments Thank you. I think I shall feel at home here :).

message 16: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Good :) I really hope you enjoy it here :)

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Lisa wrote: "Thank you. I think I shall feel at home here :)."

We're glad you joined. :)

message 18: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'll join in for this!

message 19: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Added Courtney :)

message 20: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Great to have you Courtney! :)

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Thanks! :)

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments I'm in I listen the auto bowl books how do I do a page count when I listen to them

message 23: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments You can see how many pages the hardcover or paperback book has on this site. You just choose the format and it'll come up with the number of pages. Does that make sense?

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments No I'm confused what did my supposed do with the page numbers in my supposed to figure out how many I read that one sitting or how much the book is all together

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments You count the page numbers for the book once you have finished it. If you read Cinder you would write a small review when you are done reading it and then post the link to your review. You would say how many pages were in the whole book total. Does that help a little more?

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments That seems a little bit too complicated for me I would still confused on how I can do that with the audible version the audiobook version cannot be a part of the alphabet one?

message 27: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Okay so let's say you are listening to Rebel Belle via an audiobook. After you have finished listening to Rebel Belle, you go onto Goodreads and search Rebel Belle. It will say the amount of pages that the book has, which is 345 pages, and that is the amount of pages you count. Then let's say you decide to listen to Fangirl via audiobook and you finish it. And you go onto Goodreads and search Fangirl, which has 433 pages, and that is the amount of pages you count. Then you add the amount of pages Rebel Belle has (345) and the amount of pages Fangirl has (433) together to get 778 pages and that is the amount of pages you count. Does this make sense?

message 28: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments And how ever many books you read and finish, you just keep adding the pages to the pages that you have already read/listened to. Hope this helps.

message 29: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments One question; do you want us to post each book separately, or keep a progress post? :)

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Maya, thanks for the help

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments We will keep your progress so you can post them one at a time.

message 32: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Thanks Jackie :)

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Your welcome. I just think it will be easier for us.

message 34: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Anna, Here is an example of what some posts might look like.

Let's say Maya posted the below:

Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1) by Victoria Scott
Review: (insert link here)

Buddy: no
Number of pages: 328

Then let's say Victoria posted the following two posts:

Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins
Review: (insert link)

Buddy: (insert link)

Number of pages: 345

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Review: (insert link)

Buddy: no

Number of pages: 422

Elizabeth or I would then add the points so they looked something like this.

Person______Books read____Buddy____Number of pages____total

Maya_____1______0_____328____1

Victoria______2_____1____345+422 = 267_____6

Since Victoria has 500 pages she gets the three extra points. If she then posted a review with 200 pages, the chart wouldn't change, except we'd say:

Victoria_______3______1_____(3)+267+200 = 467______7

We'll also keep just a post with your pages so we can just add the three points for every 500 pages without having to have the other tallies. It would look like this:

Maya: 328

Victoria: 345+422+200 = 967 (3)

The (3) at the end signifies she has three points for having 500 pages.

Did this help?

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi guys!

I've created a challenge widget thing where you can set your goal for the month. You can find it here: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...
If you need help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

message 36: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Sorry guys, yes Jackie is correct we will keep your progress and update you on how everyone is doing. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask:)

message 37: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Added Anna :)

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Okay guys, I fixed the challenge thing. You should be able to set a goal now. :)

message 39: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Okay that makes better sense! Sorry if I confused anyone. Also thanks Elizabeth and Jackie for setting this up!

message 40: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments No problem.☺️We're happy to do it!

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about a summer long challenge?

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) I think that is a really good idea!

message 43: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh my gosh *squeal* that would be super cool! And my first!

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Maya wrote: "Oh my gosh *squeal* that would be super cool! And my first!"

Berit wrote: "I think that is a really good idea!"

Awesome! I'm working on something I hope you all will like. :) I'll have more details toward the end of May. Also, do you all prefer team or solo challenges?

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) I definitely prefer team, even though we are a small group, perhaps you could even just Buddy people up, does that make sense?? I need to go read :-)

message 46: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Yeah I think I like teams too. But either way it would be super duper cool!

message 47: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Berit wrote: "I definitely prefer team, even though we are a small group, perhaps you could even just Buddy people up, does that make sense?? I need to go read :-)"

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I'll keep that in mind, but it might not be for the summer challenge.

message 48: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Partners sound good thanks Berit:) thanks for all the positive comments about the group, it wouldn't be anything without you guys so thank you all! :D

message 49: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Maya wrote: "Yeah I think I like teams too. But either way it would be super duper cool!"

Okay, thanks for the input. :) I'll talk to Elizabeth about it. It will most likely be for a monthly challenge rather than a quarterly challenge. :)

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Elizabeth Emily wrote: "Partners sound good thanks Berit:) thanks for all the positive comments about the group, it wouldn't be anything without you guys so thank you all! :D"

Oh gosh no! We'd be sitting here twiddling our thumbs without you guys. :) We're so glad all of you joined.

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.