Challenge Corner discussion

IMPORTANT!☺ > Introduce yourself ☺

Comments Showing 1-50 of 912 (912 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Introduce yourself here! I promise we don't bite. ☺
What's your name? What sort of things do you like? Favorite shows/songs/other interesting things.

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Hi guys! I'm Maya. I like to read all kinds of different genres. I would say my favorite though is either action/adventure, dystopian (for now), and horror/thriller. Haha see I like all genres! I'm a sophomore in college attempting to double major in psychology and English. I either want to be a prosecutor or editor for books. Thanks for creating this group!

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Awesome! I also want to be an editor! I like dystopian as well.

message 4: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 684 comments Mod
Hi Everyone!
I am one of the groups mods. This is my first group so bare with me haha. I love Scifi and Fantasy books best! I want a career in the hospitality Industry preferably front of house.

Welcome Maya!:)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments This is also my first group so both of us are learning as we go. :)

message 6: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Hello, all! I'm Courtney. I love reading (obviously) and writing. My favorite genre to read is fantasy, but I love others as well. I generally write more YA contemporary stories though.

I have a degree in mathematics and currently teach/tutor math at a community college. Eventually I would like to get a second degree in American Sign Language and become an interpreter/math teacher for the deaf. I also want to become a published author.

My favorite things to watch are adaptations of British classic novels (I love reading the novels as well). North and South, Pride and Prejudice, and Emma are some of my favorites (BBC versions, of course).

Aside from all of that I'm also an equestrian. I own horses and I love to ride. I used to show, but that got too expensive, so now I do it purely for fun. :)

Now you all pretty much know my life story, so yeah. Let's get to know each other. :)

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I love reading fantasy, but think writing contemporary is a little easier.

message 8: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes. It definitely can be easier. Although, what I love about fantasy is that everything can come from your imagination. You don't have to worry about getting accurate because it's all yours!

message 9: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Welcome Courtney!:) I've been trying to read more classics lately, I have started with Romeo and Juliet and I'm sure I'll read another sometime next month :)

If you guys could go to https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... and let us know what books you would be interested in reading as a group next month :) Thanks guys :)

message 10: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Elizabeth, I would recommend reading other classics. I really enjoy Shakespeare, but since his works are pretty much all plays they aren't the most fun to read. :)

message 11: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (last edited Apr 23, 2015 02:05PM) (new)

I did enjoy reading it as a script though, I just found the language slightly difficult to understand :)

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes, Shakespearean language can take a while to get used to. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments You should try King Lear. The plot is easy to follow

message 14: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I might give it a go :)

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I loved King Lear! Twelfth Night is another favorite. And the movie adaptation for that was excellent.

message 16: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Ive only seen one Shakespeare movie adaptation and that was Leonardo Dicaprio in Romeo and Juliet, which I really enjoyed :)

message 17: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Jackie wrote: "Awesome! I also want to be an editor! I like dystopian as well."

It's just so fun!

message 18: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hi Everyone!
I am one of the groups mods. This is my first group so bare with me haha. I love Scifi and Fantasy books best! I want a career in the hospitality Industry preferably front of house.
..."

Thanks Elizabeth!

message 19: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Courtney wrote: "Hello, all! I'm Courtney. I love reading (obviously) and writing. My favorite genre to read is fantasy, but I love others as well. I generally write more YA contemporary stories though.

I have a ..."

Hi Courtney

message 20: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

You're welcome Maya:)

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments Hello my fellow book lovers my name is Anna and I am new to the whole book challenge thing I love reading and I have been on a Y a kick lately I also love romantic suspense I also do videos on book tube although apparently not many people watch it I still think it's fun thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soonPS I also really enjoy writing and I do short stories in the line of poetry guess that's it for now

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi, welcome to the group! We're happy you joined. :) I love watching booktubers! What's your channel?

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments I think it is Anna's Book shelf it's not very professional I don't have a very good video editor app on my iPad

message 24: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Anna wrote: "Hello my fellow book lovers my name is Anna and I am new to the whole book challenge thing I love reading and I have been on a Y a kick lately I also love romantic suspense I also do videos on book..."

Hi Anna! ^What Jackie asked. I like romantic suspense as well! Have you read Kissed by an Angel or the Dark Secrets series by Elizabeth Chandler? They are fantastic!

message 25: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh lol I didn't realize that you had replied. So scratch my question Anna.

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments I read the kiss by and Angel series that was really good I've never heard of the other one are those young adult serious? Are you still read the adult romantic suspense suspense but I've been trying to clean my reading up so I've been reading a lot of the Christian Romantics it's been lately they have a couple of really good offers do you have any suggestions as far as that?

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments Duty reply very fast I don't know how do you write book I'm reading books but I don't know how to write reviews and how do I get to a block is that something you have to pay for it?

message 28: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments It's actually one of my favorite series as well as the other series. Not going to lie, it spooked me. I haven't read much of Adult romantics suspense novels. I've read a few just Adult suspense novels though like the Maxwell and King series by David Baldacci. He is a really good suspense writer. As far as Christian romantics, I can't think of anything, but if I do I will let you know! =)

message 29: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Hi! I'm Victoria (obviously). I read mostly YA. At the moment I'm reading Girls In Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3) by Ann Brashares , the third book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I really shouldn't be joining more challenge groups, but I just can't resist :P

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna | 45 comments Thank you so much have you ever read the branded, Sinners Book one series?

message 31: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Welcome to the group Anna and Victoria, it's good to have you!:)

message 32: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Great to have you Victoria!

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenreamy) Hey, I'm Lauren. Haven't really done a lot of challenges but since summer's coming up I think I can change that :) I read a lot of YA and am currently reading Miss Mayhem. I'm excited to join this group!!

message 34: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Hi! I'm glad that you're as excited as we are about the group. We have our very first challenge that we are doing in this thread here - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... , which you are more than welcome to join!
I love YA however I've never heard of Miss Mayhem. Are you enjoying it? :)

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments It's the second book in the rubble belle trilogy! I think it's a trilogy? Anyway, I just read rebel belle and can't wait to read the second!

message 36: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Oh, I have wanted to read Rebel Belle for ages! Its on my tbr list! :)

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments You should definitely read it I really liked it!

message 38: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I really enjoyed Rebel Belle (even if it was pretty predictable). I have to read the second!

message 39: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

I can't wait to read this now!! :)

message 40: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, there are now buddy reading request threads.

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments When you read it let me know what you think! :-)

message 42: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Yay, buddy reads! I'll definitely be asking for some soon :)

message 43: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Yes! Can't wait for the buddy reads to start! :D

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Perfect!

message 45: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments By the way, tell your friends about us!

message 46: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Yes, if you guys could let your friends know about us it would be much appreciated :)

message 47: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Anna, I have not. Is it a good series?

message 48: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh my gosh, Rebel Belle has been on my tbr list since this past summer. Gotta get on that!

message 49: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I really enjoyed it.

message 50: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Maybe I'll read it for this challenge!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19