YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Paper Towns
This topic is about Paper Towns
GROUP BUDDY READ > Paper Towns by John Green - GBR - Starting May 1st 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 145 (145 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Apr 23, 2015 11:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83324 comments Mod

Who is the real Margo?

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...

Paper Towns by John Green will be our first GBR for May 2015.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

message 3: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited May 01, 2015 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

End of Chapter 11 discussion Questions:
(optional)
(view spoiler)

End of Part 2, Chapter 23 Discussion Questions:
(Optional)
(view spoiler)

For anybody using this book for the page count challenge, the edition with the most pages is this one Paper Towns by John Green with 644.

Mona | 2 comments I have read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green last year .. and it is one of my favorite. I also read Let It Snow by John Green but I didn't like it so much or I only liked one of the three stories and it wasn't the one by John Green .....

I read the fault in our stars earlier in the year, and I wasn't overly impressed! hopefully this is better ☺

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments I'd like to participate in this group read! I just joined this group so this will be my first read with you all. I also plan to participate in the Bookish Blocks May Challenge! I will use this book to fulfill the "GBR/BR&R" block! Looking forward to it!

message 7: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Apr 24, 2015 07:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Sarah wrote: "Pre-Reading Questions..."

I read The Fault in Our Stars last year, it was okay but I didn't get into it until about halfway through the book, but, topics centering around terminal illnesses are not my thing. John Green is an excellent writer, though, so I have high hopes for this one!

I hope it's better than the fault in our stars too ☺

Beini (beiniwu94) Looking for Alaska by John Green was probably one of the first YA novel I read around 4 years ago, and I really enjoyed it! I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and it did not impress me as much, in fact, I think I may have liked the movie better haha. I heard that this book is similar to TFIOS, but hopefully it isn't too similar!

I hope it isn't too similar either!

message 11: by Jade (last edited Apr 28, 2015 04:47AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jade | 345 comments Hi, I like to join in this group read.
(This will be my first group read.)

I have read 'Fault in our stars', I liked what the story was portraying however overall, the book was okay.

Hi Jade! You are quite welcome ☺

I've just started ☺

chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Sibil | 1613 comments I'm in (and just in time!). This book was in my TBR for so long! :)
I have read An Abundance of Katherines and I loved it, but I have read also Let It Snow by John Green and Zombicorns (Zombicorns, #1) by John Green , but I didn't love them (I didn't dislike them, either, but the were not so good).

Welcome Sibil! Hopefully you'll like this one ☺

Sibil | 1613 comments Thank you! I hope it to! :)

part 2, chapter 1 (view spoiler)

part 2 chapter 2 (view spoiler)

part 2 chapter 3 (view spoiler)

part 2 chapter 4 (view spoiler)

part 2 chapter 8 (view spoiler)

part 2 chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah and (view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah and [spoilers removed]"

I think I would too! (view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 3 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah and [spoilers removed]"

I think I would too! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Whole Book(view spoiler)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Once Upon A Time wrote: "Sarah wrote: "part 2 chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

End of Chapter 11 discussion Questions:
(optional)
(view spoiler)

part 2 chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I started it this morning. I haven't got that far though, on chapter 3.
I just want to say, and this is not a spoiler, I really hope we have more then one miracle in our life, because I really want go win a lotty one day, and since I already survived that car accident I wasn't supposed to, I know that was my miracle right there!

I'm not sure how he thinks living mext door to a hot girl is a miracle.

message 38: by Cheyenne (last edited May 01, 2015 06:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Well all the videos I watch of John Green explaining Paper Towns and the concept of the feelings of being a teenager and first love as well as friendship relationships. I don't think he meant living next door to a hot girl was a miracle more of living to the person who he loved and had the hugest crush on was a miracle. This whole book has tons of deeper meanings which is different than some of the other books I read. I do admit living to a hot person isn't a miracle.

although it's better than living next to someone who doesn't wash and plays loud music ;)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Sarah wrote: "although it's better than living next to someone who doesn't wash and plays loud music ;)"

True I don't have that problem since I live in the middle of no where

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I wish I was living in the middle of nowhere. I live next to disrespectful neighbors. They literally had a party the day my grandma died and all the neighbors came to our house to show respect, except those. and that is just one example.

I'm not a big fan of neighbours either. although our new ones are better than our old ones.

message 43: by Jade (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jade | 345 comments Once Upon A Time wrote: True I don't have that problem since I live in the middle of no where"

I also have no neighbors problems.

message 44: by Jade (last edited May 01, 2015 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jade | 345 comments Only started reading a few hours ago however I'm on chapter 5 and I'm enjoying the book.

'Margo's 11 things to do' plan is quite creative and interesting so far.

I liked her plan too!

Part 2 chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Part 2 chapter 16 (view spoiler)

Part 2 chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Part 2 chapter 18 (view spoiler)

End of Part 2, Chapter 23 Discussion Questions: