Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Writing and Self-Promotion > Outlander Guide Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 2 comments Valerie Estelle Frankel author of the Outlander Guide History Homages and the Highlands An Outlander Guide is doing a Goodreads Giveaway for a SIGNED paperback of The Symbolism and Sources of Outlander: The Scottish Fairies, Folklore, Ballads, Magic and Meanings That Inspired the Series through June 30 2015
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh... She also has some ebook copies to give out to reviewers -- just message her and request them. Happy reading!

message 2: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Wow! This is cool. I love books like these. With all of the historical dramas that have been circulating itself through TV, I find myself usually reading wikipedia or watching documentaries to inform myself more of that time period. In fact, with Outlander I did just that, reading whatever I could from Wikipedia to learn more of the time period. Informative yes, but dry. I'm really pretty excited with this new book. I'm sure it'll give a more colorful history of the time.

With TV shows like "Reign", DaVinci's Demons and The White Queen, the list keeps growing and I find myself wishing I was more historically savvy. Sadly I don't have the mind to keep the dates and other info in my head for longer than a month or so but it's fun to get the backstory none-of-the-less.

All in all, I'm totally entering this giveaway. Thanks for the heads up!

message 3: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Adrian (shadyia) | 163 comments Keidy,

I hadn't heard of "The White Queen" at all--thank you for bringing this to my attention.