Restricted Section Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > May and June's books!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (last edited Apr 23, 2015 07:32AM) (new)

Kristina Horner (kristinahorner) | 111 comments Mod
Okay - we ended with a bit of a predicament.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente and Stardust by Neil Gaiman had a tight race, but they ended up completely tied.

So! We will be reading "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland..." in May, and Stardust in June! This is clearly a sign from some mystical entity greater than ourselves that we need to read both books, so that's what we'll do!

Thanks for voting everyone, and I look forward to reading both of these books! :D

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby Well they're both fairly short so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue for anyone.

message 3: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh Didion I read Stardust years ago and I loved the movie, it will be good to reread it. I checked The Girl Who... in ebook form from the library, I'm excited to read both. :)

message 4: by Kylea (new)

Kylea | 39 comments I like this idea. :)

message 5: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (shadowhuntingwizards) | 1 comments Sounds good to me! I have never read either of them so I'm excited!

message 6: by Ava (new)

Ava I haven't had much luck with Neil Gaiman books, but have really been wanting to read The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. I am going to give them both a try!

message 7: by Abby (new)

Abby (abcadab) | 36 comments I might join in on one :) I gotta see if I am able to order either one!

message 8: by Zi (new)

Zi (thebookishgamer) | 1 comments I think I put in the tying vote, but I've been curious about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland for some time and am looking forward to reading it!

message 9: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Horner (kristinahorner) | 111 comments Mod
Glad everyone sees excited! I am willing to sacrifice my one-book-per-two-months rule to give these great books both a try.

message 10: by Stefanie Wille (new)

Stefanie Wille | 1 comments I am so happy that the fairyland book was selected!! Looking forward to reading it!

message 11: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Oberg (sgtoctopus) Aww yes! I own both these books and they're in my to read next pile, now I get to read them with people! :D

message 12: by Carly (last edited Apr 27, 2015 08:13AM) (new)

Carly Erbacher | 29 comments Can I just say, I love this book club! I'm in two others through the library and a group of friends, and I feel like there has been an abundance of murder mystery book picks lately. Don't get me wrong, I love a good murder mystery (and Girl On the Train has kept me on my toes), but I'm so excited to start reading something creative and fun.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Raff | 14 comments I just ordered both books! I'm excited to get in the book club spirit

message 14: by Jen (new)

Jen | 3 comments I tried American Gods by Gaiman. I know that's a popular one that everyone loves, but I didn't care for it. Still, I'd really like to try Stardust so I'm going for it!

message 15: by Ava (new)

Ava I started The Girl Who... yesterday and really like how fast paced it is!

Ariana Brinckerhoff | 9 comments Waiting for my book to arrive! Can't wait to get in on this club.

message 17: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (maddeyeh) | 18 comments I think I might sit this one out... I've just gotten to the point where I own too many unread books for my comfort. :(

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.