Horror Aficionados discussion

Reliquary (Pendergast, #2)
This topic is about Reliquary
Buddy Reads > Reliquary by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child (#2 Pendergast)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasa (last edited Apr 24, 2015 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments This buddy read is for everyone who wants to continue reading the Pendergast series. This is book 2.
Some of us have already started reading it individually but I thought it might be fun to have a separate discussion for this book.
As well, I'm hoping to attract some more enthusiasts to make the discussion equally entertaining as the one for book 1, the Relic.

For now there is:

Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
Natasa
Eric
Quentin
Tom
Katy

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 155 comments Awesome! I'll start on this one probably in the next week then, loved the first one.

message 3: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric (eterrell3) | 95 comments I'll join in eventually, but it may be a couple weeks before I can get started.

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments Awesome...There was another GR fellow reader who started but I didn't name him as I didn't get any feedback whether he will join :)

message 5: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom | 340 comments It just came in to the library. I have to pick it up then I will start

Katy Mann | 896 comments Natasa wrote: "Awesome...There was another GR fellow reader who started but I didn't name him as I didn't get any feedback whether he will join :)"

Found your thread! Waiting for book to arrive, then I'll chime in.

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments Cool, I'll add you both up to the list :)

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments The buddy numbers are growing, that's awesome!
I'm some 30% in the book (or more) and loving every page of it.
Of course, the first one left me with the first impression but the quality of the story is the same and I love this style and all the interesting info and theories and the science behind (dubious or not)...as well it's fun to see how just recently in the '90s people were still going around and communicating with land lines mainly...I kind of keep on missing the mobile phones lol and expecting for the characters to use it :)

WendyB  | 2970 comments Mod
As someone who has read the entire Pendergast series (except for the latest one, I'm waiting for the paperback version due out in June) I'm thrilled at so many other people discovering and enjoying the series as much as I have, and the books get even better as the series moves along.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments WendyB wrote: "As someone who has read the entire Pendergast series (except for the latest one, I'm waiting for the paperback version due out in June) I'm thrilled at so many other people discovering and enjoying..."

That's great to hear :)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I'll start tonight.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I'm on pg 89. I haven't had tons of time to read this week but hope to read a lot more of it today. Nice to see the gang back. The underground tunnel intrigues me.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Barclay (shellcastle) | 21 comments I've already read it, so I won't join in and reveal anything, but I wanted to let you all know that I'm jealous. I loved reading this series so much. Have fun!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I'm on page 388 and getting closer to the finish line.

It's very good but I must say I liked Relic better for different reasons. I will definitely read the rest of the series.

I also have to say the rat scene with Pendergast 'testing the liver' was one of the grossest things I've ever read in any book. I don't see how D'Agosta didn't throw up.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I'm finished - 3.5 stars total. Didnt expect that ending, was definitely a surprise. Great follow-up to the first book.

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 155 comments I haven't even started yet o.O I will by Friday for sure though!

message 17: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Mann | 896 comments Quentin wrote: "I haven't even started yet o.O I will by Friday for sure though!"

I haven't started either.

message 18: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric (eterrell3) | 95 comments Hoping to get started this weekend!

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments I feel guilty for not saying a word since starting the thread but all allergies and high temperatures of the world have attacked me lol

At least, i read...and finished the book, I found it great as well but still one star down, so my verdict is 4*. Good to see everyone id enjoying it as well.

I can't wait to read book 3, someone said he/she liked it the most.

So, maybe we could wait Eric to finish it and if you're in the mood we could buddy read the book 3 then ?

Scott Sigler (scottsigler) | 35 comments This one came out before the Pendergrast series was a series at all. It was after fans started grooving on that character that they went back and re-branded RELIC and RELIQUARY as part of the "series."

Fun book, but didn't thrill me the way RELIC did.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Scott wrote: "This one came out before the Pendergrast series was a series at all. It was after fans started grooving on that character that they went back and re-branded RELIC and RELIQUARY as part of the "seri..."

Interesting tidbit.

I agree with you it was good but not quite as thrilling.

message 22: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Mann | 896 comments Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* wrote: "Scott wrote: "This one came out before the Pendergrast series was a series at all. It was after fans started grooving on that character that they went back and re-branded RELIC and RELIQUARY as par..."

Just getting started.

message 23: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Mann | 896 comments Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* wrote: "Scott wrote: "This one came out before the Pendergrast series was a series at all. It was after fans started grooving on that character that they went back and re-branded RELIC and RELIQUARY as par..."

I'm about half-way. Loving underground New York. I've seen other thrillers set there, but this gives a sense for how big it is (or might be.)

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments Scott wrote: "This one came out before the Pendergrast series was a series at all. It was after fans started grooving on that character that they went back and re-branded RELIC and RELIQUARY as part of the "seri..."

Really, what an interesting bit of info, thx :) As well, loved Relic more.

When Katy finishes...anyone up for book 3?
:)))