What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Indie romance in early 2014 / late 2013 ends in cliffhanger; Heroine moved to small southern town, stubborn, let people believe she is slutty snob. Works at strip club, meets mysterious guy, might be artist/photog. She enrolls in college.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (orangecatlovr) | 19 comments I read this book before I started using tags so I'm at a loss. I read the book in early 2014 and may it have been released even in late 2013.

The heroine moved to a small southern town (Alabama?) from somewhere (maybe to live with grandparents?). She was very stubborn and let people think she was promiscuous and a snob, but it was made very clear how beautiful she was and the burden it was for her.

She would walk miles to work at a diner and then another girl suggested a better job at a strip club where she made a ton of money. I may be mixing this up with another book, but it seems like she got pulled over by a sheriff who then thought it was ok to "more than frisk her."

She meets a mysterious guy who might be an artist/photographer staying the summer in the same town. He's left as a mystery and we never really finds out much about him as they spend time together (at his house and some pond/lake?).

By the end of the summer she decides she needs to be independent and self-sufficient so she breaks up with the guy (a bit older than her) and enrolls in college a few towns over. On her first day of some art/photography class, in walks the guy as her professor. So it ends like that but I'm not sure if the next book was ever released?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Bobby, are you still looking for this? Let us know so we can keep this thread active.
You can bump your thread every month or so to keep it near the top of the folder -- more people will see it.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Angie left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Angie is back in the group. Moving out of Abandoned.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I added plot details to your header Angie since all your threads literally have the same header even though they are apparently different books. Please put descriptive headers in your threads!!