♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 508 (508 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Members : Sunaina, Abhishek, Alison, Sarah
Team leader : Alison

The team leader has been chose by me randomly. It is the team leader's responsibility to update the books in the submission thread.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Ok im in officially ! GO TEAM 3

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND - IMMUNITY CAN BE USED ONLY FOR 2 ROUNDS

message 4: by Sunaina (new)

Sunaina (childofchai) | 231 comments hello team!!! i dont wanna be the leader cause it's kinda my first challenge, but hi everyone were gonna truly try our best right?
hi there sarah! i'm sunaina you're team mate (obv) sorry if i come out too excited (that's because i am) :)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Dont worry im worse its also my first challenge !

message 6: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) hi all :)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Hello

message 8: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) So what are you all currently reading?

message 9: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Hi teamies,

I'm Alison and it looks like I will be the team leader. I've been in a couple of team challenges before but never as leader so please bear with me.

I have a feeling this is going to be a good team. I'm quite chatty and I'm hoping you all are as well.

Maybe we should start with some introductions so we can learn a bit more about each other before the challenge kicks off on monday.

I'll kick us off. I'm Alison and I come from Scotland. The 2 main men in my life at the moment are my cat Harley and horse Charlie both of which are trouble makers. I work in an office but I love reading and really wish I could be a writer (I just lack the imagination). I will read pretty much anything but at the moment I'm going through a YA / Fantasy phase.

Looking forward to starting the challenge and finding some new books.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Hello alison ! im Sarah, i came from lebanon. I read pretty much everything exept for the SF, i don't know why, i just can't. I can't wait to begin this challenge, well its my first but i hope not the last. Also i have a good feeling about us, as a team ! Sorry if there is any english mistakes, i don't speak english very often..,

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Hi Sarah,

Don't worry about it. Your English is definitely better than my Lebanese =)

I always said I read everything but fantasy and now it seems like all I read.

I'm a bit obsessed with books based on fairytales at the moment.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Me too ! Obssessed is not the right word actually ;) oh and, i dont wanna sound like miss i-know-everything but we speak arabic (actually we speak everything BUT arabic, we are more into french and english. Personnaly i speak more english and french than i speak arabic) ! Well i should re-read a SF book one day

message 13: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) hi all, I am Abhishek from India... I like reading anything which catches my curiosity :p ... Mostly I read SF and also read a lot of graphic novels .

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Exactly what i dont read XD well at least we are a diversified team

message 15: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Sorry Sarah. I did wonder if lebanese was a language. My knowledge of other countries is appalling. My knowledge of my own country is also pretty bad.

It's great to be on such a diverse team. I've learned something already =)

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Haha ! Passing by, the arabic we speak here is really special, much of us name it Lebanease ;)

message 17: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) I know only about the Lebanese food from restaurants

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Trust me, its enaugh, we barely know more than this ourselves

message 19: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) That's good to know then, I guess :)

message 20: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Hi all,

So how has everyone's Friday been? Any exciting plans for the weekend?

I love the weekends but looks like I'm going to be running a lot of errands. Also need to get a book finished and I'm not enjoying it.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Well im going to the movies with friends tomorrow ! Cant wait...

message 22: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Sounds good. Any idea what you're going to see?

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Yes, The Age of Adaline.. With Blake Lively, you know, the one who played Serena in Gossip Girl

message 24: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments I've never seen Gossip Girl but I've seen the trailer for that film. It looks good.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Yes.. Gossip girl is based on a book and honestly its the ONLY thing adapted from a book who is BETTER than the book

message 26: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments There aren't many tv shows or films that are better than the book.

My most hated show for that very reason is Rizzoli and Isles.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments I know, normally ALL the movies and Tv Shows are worse than the book but not this one and its really surprising !

message 28: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments I might have to try and track it down.

message 29: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) and also Game of Thrones I suppose

message 30: by Abhi (new)

Abhi (iabhii) Never read the book but watching the show never made me feel that I have to...

message 31: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments I love Game of Thrones. I've never read the books but know a couple of people who have. They are massive. Puts me off a little.

I also liked True Blood tv series and liked the books but the programme kind of went in a different direction.

message 32: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Is everyone all set for tomorrow? I can't wait but have noticed there isn't much activity in the other teams which is a bit of a worry.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Hah ! Maybe they are waiting too! I cant waiit and im too excited ! myy first challenge... *sighhhht*

message 34: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Hopefully. Can't wait to find out what the clues are.

I've set up our submission post for week 1. Think I'm going to update as we go.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Yes i have a question.. Where are you from and what time is it ? Because i think we have a big difference of time (and again sorry for the english)

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments And who s gonna rest for the 1st week?

message 37: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments I'm in Scotland and it's about 10.30 in the morning here. I'm assuming you're only an hour or two ahead??

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Ah yeah ! Sorry i thought you were from america or somewhere... Yes two hours ! Haha sorry

message 39: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Think it will depend on clues and books that fit. I suggest when the clues come out we list books on our read shelves that fit and whoever wants to read those books takes that clue.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Ok !

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Hey !! I saw the first clue and i propose :
- what happened to goodbye
- Ella & Micha
- Fangirl
- Eleanor & Park

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments For the second clue
I propose :
- Love letters to the dead
- Losing it

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments And for the third clue i propose : The Ten Best Days of my life

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Im waiting for your anwers

message 45: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Sorry was out with my parents and just got in. I have fangirl on my to read list so could maybe pick that up.

Had a look through my books and have the following

Clue 1: Cinder and Ella (based on cinderella so you may like it Sarah), Gray Matter by Nick Pirog (crime) and Not Dreaming of You by Nina Cordoba (assuming Mexico and America are the same continent???)

Clue 2: Looking for Alaska (borderline on dates), Jane Eyre if you fancy a classic, Divergent

Clue 3: All I can think of is the Hunger Games books (I may be willing to re read these if anyone else has read them)

Other than that feel free to have a look at my read shelf.

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Well i already have looking for alaska so i could read it

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments I didnt read it but its in my TBR

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments Id like to read cinder and ella too but i dont have it and if i dont find it here it would be awful so ill read it for myself ;) oh and in fangirl, she moves to university and its far home so i consider it like moving on

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Choueifaty | 332 comments So i assume you take clue 1 and i take clue 2 ! But we are left with clue 3 and the one who take a rest. WAITING FOR THE OTHER MEMBERS OF TEAM 3 TO SHOW UP ! Come oonnn dont make me chearleading !!

message 50: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments I read Looking for Alaska on 30th January so I'm not sure if it'll be allowed. Might need to get a ruling.

We can wait till tomorrow and see if anyone else has a preference then start reading.

I don't have Fangirl so would need to get it. I could switch to clue 3 and read hunger games. Quite fancy working through it again and I spotted it on your read shelf.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11