♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 215 (215 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Members : Celia, Siewjye, Firoz, Helen
Team leader : Helen

The team leader has been chose by me randomly. It is the team leader's responsibility to update the books in the submission thread.

message 2: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND - IMMUNITY CAN BE USED ONLY FOR 2 ROUNDS

message 3: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Hello team, I am Jay from Malaysia. Nice meeting you all.

message 4: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Hi all, good day! Sorry for late.
Thanks Celia.

My suggestions for clues are:

Clue 1: Calling Me Home
Clue 2: Forbidden Fruit: From The Letters of Abelard and Heloise
Clue 3: The Silence of the Lambs

Which clue should I be doing?

message 5: by Siewjye (last edited Apr 27, 2015 09:48AM) (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments For week 2, here's some of my suggestions.

Clue 1: Never Knowing
Clue 2: Tempting Fate
Adultery

Clue 3: Now You See Her by James Patterson
Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
Summer Island

message 6: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Thank you so much. I think I am gonna pick the 3rd clue.
are my choices for 3rd clues fit?

message 7: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Celia wrote: "Siewjye wrote: "Thank you so much. I think I am gonna pick the 3rd clue.
are my choices for 3rd clues fit?"

Jay, one of the rules is that somebody on the team has had to have read Barefoot. Nobo..."

I went to your read shelf and you have amazing books.That's a good idea. I will read House Rules for clue 3. And if I have extra time I will read Home Front by Kristin Hannah too. What do you think?

message 8: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Helen wrote: "That's great, i hoping to have finished my book within the next day. Celia suggested the glass castle for clue 1. That any good? My books don't seem to relate. Not that I have many. Sorry I can't b..."

Yes The Glass Castle is really good. I've read it.

message 9: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Finally finished Halo ( wasn't for me ) submissions is all updated! I'll delete all my messages now

message 10: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments It's a bank holidays here, so no library's open today. So will have to wait until tomorrow to start reading the Rosie project

message 11: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Does anyone have any suggestions for week 2 clue 1? Celia has give me 3 suggestions but can only get hold of 2 of the books

message 12: by Firoz (new)

Firoz Khan (readcreed) | 20 comments the lightning thief might fit clue 1 . In this book the protagonist's mother is kidnapped by hades ...although, obviously, he does know who his mother is.
if it fits , its worth reading . Its YA ....and not at all like " halo" :D

message 13: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Just read a little about the book, not completely sure that it fits either. Thanks anyway :)

message 14: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Hi all, how's everyone getting on? I've finished reading the Rosie project and started read my next one

message 15: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments I've finished House Rules. I could only finished a book. sorry for that cos this week was fulled of quizes and mid term.

message 16: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Thanks :)

message 17: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Great job everyone! Just updated our submission. Hope am doing it right? Just waiting for the next set of clues :)

message 18: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Shall I take my turn to miss out this week? I don't mind

message 19: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments I'll look now for covers with coins on

message 20: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Looked through all the books and i can't find one with coins on either

message 21: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Looked through all the books and i can't find one with coins on either

message 22: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Sure will do if nobody else is. My books are poor for this challenge :(

One plus one - does have a break up that mentioned in the book but happens before book starts. But was read just under 3 months

There may be another one that might if clue 1. I'll double check but nothing fits clue 2 or 3

message 23: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Presumed guilt - Ex lover found dead ( death works ) was an affair but isn't that still classed as a relationship?

message 24: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Private lives - May also fit clue 1. Very chick lit and a long book of 500 pages

message 25: by Firoz (new)

Firoz Khan (readcreed) | 20 comments hey guys , I'm sorry I've not been involved much but its my semester ends so I'm too busy in practicals and exam ...hopefully I'll rejoin from the next week. so...please u three do it again like u did last week ( which ,bdw , is spectacular..) ...:)

as for clues...for clue 3 , all I can see is deathly hallows (HP 7) ......for others ,I think , u guys already have lots of suggestions....

see u folks next week...:)

message 26: by Helen (last edited May 12, 2015 01:30AM) (new)

Helen | 108 comments Clue 2 -self discovery I've found

Eat pray love - Celia
Fault in our stars - siewjye
Looking for Alaska - siewjye

All come under this clue, so good read says. Not read any of them. Not checked if there all been read in the last 3 months. Will do that now

message 27: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Eat, pray, love could also fit for clue 1

message 28: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Ok I'll take clue 1 :)

message 29: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Don't worry about bring to intense I'd rather it that way. Keeps everyone going

message 30: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Just been to the library to get my books. They had still life with bread crumbs. Don't seem to have under the wide and starry sky. They even checked other libraries and non have it. So picked up eat, pray, love. I try to avoid buying books if I don't have to. Not a huge fan of re reading ha!!

message 31: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Ok that's great

message 32: by Helen (new)

message 33: by Helen (new)

message 34: by Firoz (last edited May 12, 2015 07:16AM) (new)

Firoz Khan (readcreed) | 20 comments Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

Clue 3

message 35: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Dear all, I can take either one. I've read Gone Girl.
For clue 2, can read Now You See her by James Patterson from my read-list too.

I am now looking for books with coin in the cover.

message 36: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Ohh sorry ok i am taking Clue 2. I think Wild the pacific crest trails is also a self discovery?
I'll start with Eat Pray Love

message 37: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Oh no. Shame there isn't more with coins on :( I wouldn't want to read it either. Plus isn't it the 7th book. I was thinking that about that, I looked through rules earlier and I can't see it saying that 2 members can't read the same book. Just 1 clue per team member. I'll message to double check. I've picked it up today but if two can't read it then I'll just do another one as Celia kindly gave me a few suggestions

message 38: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments I like you thinking ha! Make sure next week you get first pick of what clue you want

message 39: by Siewjye (last edited May 13, 2015 07:22AM) (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments Alright! I found The Alchemist in my university library. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho right?
Since we are not sure if we can read the same book, so i'm gonna start with this book first!

And Celia, Bravo! good luck to the team

message 40: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Found out. No we're not allowed to read same book :( I don't mind if you want to read it

message 41: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Found out. No we're not allowed to read same book :( I don't mind if you want to read it

message 42: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments it's okay. I can get The Alchemist from my university library. So I'll read eat pray love next time. Thanks Helen!

message 43: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Hi all

Since nothing is being read for clue 3 are we using immunity? On my second book now. Eat pray love is so easy to read so should
to start a 3rd either by tonight or tomorrow as worried about this weeks points

message 44: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments I am finishing The Alchemist. Any other recommendations for this clue? shorter books?

message 45: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Siewjye did you manage a second book?

message 46: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Just looked at clues, my books don't help at all for this week :(

I'll start looking through everyone's books for suggestions

Still need last weeks books to post submission

message 47: by Firoz (new)

Firoz Khan (readcreed) | 20 comments just looked at the clues , here are my suggestions.

clue 2 -- Harry potter series. , Eragon (inheritance cycle), The name of the wind (kingkiller chronicles) , The lightning thief , The mortal instruments.

clue 3 --- The hobbit , Eragon , Treasure island , the lightning thief .

uh, I don't think I've read anything which fits clue 1.

hi Celia , u can take whichever clue u like ...just try to give me something fantasy....:)

message 48: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments Sure Celia you take clue 1, you never got one last week so you should get first pick :)

message 49: by Siewjye (new)

Siewjye Chow (ssjye) | 114 comments I can take clue 3 if no one is taking. I'll be reading treasure Island if it fits?

message 50: by Helen (new)

Helen | 108 comments I'll take a break this week then since everyone's sorted for clues. Give me a chance to catch up on other book. Just post what you've read and at the end of week I'll update the submission :) enjoy reading :)

« previous 1 3 4 5