♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 183 (183 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by A, Crazy. (last edited Apr 23, 2015 03:23AM) (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Members : Kme_17, Nupur, Janessa, Libin
Team leader : Kme_17

The team leader has been chose by me randomly. It is the team leader's responsibility to update the books in the submission thread.

message 2: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND - IMMUNITY CAN BE USED ONLY FOR 2 ROUNDS

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Guys!! :)

message 4: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Woohoo!..hello friends of team 1..:)

message 5: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Hi all

message 6: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments So mates lets wait for our Team leader to join us...:)

message 7: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments Hey guys!! I am guess I am team leader

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

So everyone's here... Yay!

message 9: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments I am so excited to start : )

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

*KNOCK KNOCK*

message 11: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments @ Nupur the door is open :)2 days to go...woohoo!!!

message 12: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Don't know if you all have seen yet, but our first set of clues is now up.

message 13: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Janessa where are the clues posted..?

message 14: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Here they are Libin : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Guys!!!

message 16: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Should we figure out a game plan or something?

message 17: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments yes we have to...i don't know about the book of 1st clue...

message 18: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Should we list the books we have read in the lat few months and try to figure out which ones will work for the clues, and I too have a question regarding the 1st clue.

message 19: by Kme_17 (last edited Apr 27, 2015 02:09PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments Does any one have any books that fits any of the clues?
I am looking to see if I have any that fit. I would think Eat, Pray, Love will work for number one as an option. And maybe the hunger games for the books with wings on it.

message 20: by Janessa (last edited Apr 28, 2015 03:48AM) (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Kme_17 wrote: "Does any one have any books that fits any of the clues?
I am looking to see if I have any that fit. I would think Eat, Pray, Love will work for number one as an option. And maybe the ..."

I don't think I have any books that I have read so far that would to fit the clues. However I am currently reading Inkdeath which as wings on the cover, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets which has wings and deals with student/teacher relationships, A Little Princess and At the Water's Edge might work for clue 1. The Hunger Games would definitely work for books with wings on them.

message 21: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Friends i think Mans search for meaning by Viktor E Frankl matches clue 1..

A Short summary on this book :-

At the outbreak of World War II, Viktor Emil Frankl was director of therapy in a large mental hospital in Vienna and the organizer of a group of successful youth guidance centers. Frankl, along with his family and many other doctors, was soon sent to a Nazi concentration camp. He carried with him the manuscript for his first book, which was taken from him and destroyed at Auschwitz. Ironically, the desire to reconstruct and rewrite that volume on psychotherapy helped him endure three harrowing years of prison life. For Frankl, the situation confirmed Friedrich Nietzsche’s words, “He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.” From his observations in the concentration camp and his knowledge of psychology and philosophy, Frankl originated the school of logotherapy, or existential analysis. Man’s Search for Meaning is both an introduction to that theory and an absorbing personal account of the most appalling event in modern history.

message 22: by Kme_17 (last edited Apr 28, 2015 09:48AM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments awesome guys : ) I think An Apple for the Creature works for student teacher relationship. does any one have any preference about which clue they want to read?

message 23: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I can do clue number one

message 24: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments Ok Janessa thanks if you need anymore book ideas let me know. I can take clue number 3 if it is okay with everyone

message 25: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments we still need some to take two : )

message 26: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments I am in for clue 2..which book will match with clue 2..?

1.An Apple for the Creature

2.Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

3.Totto-chan, the Little Girl at the Window

Out of these 3 i have read the last one. I think that matches for clue 2. Any ideas..?

message 27: by Kme_17 (last edited Apr 30, 2015 07:45AM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments I know the first two will work Libin : ) Harry potter would probably be the quickest read it really draws you in. If you like short stories I will go for the first choice.

message 28: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Thank you Kme_17..:)

message 29: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Friend's I am reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for our clue 3..:)

message 30: by Kme_17 (last edited May 01, 2015 01:54PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments Hope you enjoy it Libin : )

message 31: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I am reading I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings which will count for clue 1 and might work for clue 3

message 32: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Thank you Kme_17..:)

message 33: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments great job guys! just let me know when you all finished up and I will submit it for us. I have read The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins for clue three and I am working on Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins .

message 34: by Kme_17 (last edited May 03, 2015 07:22PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments guys we have to tomorrow to finish so just let me know when you guys do : )

message 35: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments I have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for our clue 3..:)

message 36: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments sorry i mean clue 2...:)

message 37: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments @ Kme_17, is the book of the name (Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge) match for our Round 2 clue 2. I saw this book in your read section added on Feb 22,2015.

message 38: by Kme_17 (last edited May 04, 2015 01:33PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments Libin oops I haven't read that one yeti put in in the wrong section sorry. However Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin or Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn would work for clue 2. Nobody Knows (KEY News #5) by Mary Jane Clark works for clue 3. still looking for more : ). Do you have any that will work for the clues?

message 39: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I read A Little Princess for clue 1

message 40: by Kme_17 (last edited May 04, 2015 09:33PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments hey Janessa which member read A Little Princess before: )

message 41: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Kme_17 wrote: "hey Janessa which one of us read A Little Princess before?"

Oh I forget the book had to be read by someone else as well. Sorry:(

message 42: by Kme_17 (last edited May 04, 2015 09:39PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments Thats okay I guess we will use one of our IMMUNITY. If thats okay with everyone.

message 43: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Might as well. Maybe for our next set of clues here we should see which books we have read already that would work for the clues and then see who wants to take which clue. Does that make sense?

message 44: by Kme_17 (last edited May 05, 2015 12:39AM) (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments There some suggestions for some that I have read in message 38 still looking for that first clue. How about you any ideas for the clues? also The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road, #3) by Wendy Wax would work for the shore side I think. and The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines would work for clue 2

message 45: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Thank you all..It's cool Janessa, we will opt immunity..:)

message 46: by Libin (new)

Libin Jacob (libiifs) | 59 comments Friends where is our member Nupur..??

message 47: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I have read recently The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare which will work for clue 2 and Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro maybe for clue 3, that's cover of the seaside correct?

message 48: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 78 comments That might work Janessa but I think they were going for sand and water. But I can ask if you want me to. Just remember it has to be three months since you read it that we can use it : ) I don't know about Nupur I can send a message to see. Does anyone have any books that work for clue one?

message 49: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I read The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan which might work for clue 1, but it could be stretching it a bit, and maybe for clue 3 as well. I read it in March and if we can use Never Let Me Go I read that one in April. Fingers cross that they do work!

message 50: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Found another book that I read which might work We Were Liars by E. Lockhart for clue 3 i read it last year.

« previous 1 3 4