YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Witches
This topic is about The Witches
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Witches by Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake - Starting April 24th 2015

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85319 comments Mod
This is not a fairy-tale. This is about REAL WITCHES. Real witches don't ride around on broomsticks. They don't even wear black cloaks and hats. They are vile, cunning, detestable creatures who disguise themselves as nice, ordinary ladies. So how can you tell when you're face to face with one? Well, if you don't know yet you'd better find out quickly-because there's nothing a witch loathes quite as much as children and she'll wield all kinds of terrifying powers to get rid of them. Ronald Dahl has done it again! Winner of the 1983 Whitbread Award, the judges' decision was unanimous: "funny, wise, deliciously disgusting, a real book for children. From the first paragraph to the last, we felt we were in the hands of a master".

Nikki | 2416 comments I'm in :)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I'll start this tonight :) Thanks Sarah!

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Up to Summer Holidays (view spoiler)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Bruno Jenkins Disappears (view spoiler)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Mr and Mrs Jenkins Meet Bruno (view spoiler)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Finished!! (view spoiler)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments Will start this later today or tomorrow.

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments 30%- (view spoiler)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments Victoria wrote: "Bruno Jenkins Disappears [spoilers removed]"

48% done- (view spoiler)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments 84% done- (view spoiler)

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments Done- (view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Up to parents dying and the storytelling from grandma
(view spoiler)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Nikki wrote: "Up to parents dying and the storytelling from grandma
how quickly did the parents die, maybe a witches plan? I love the way Dahl writes this towards children giving them tips and whatnot on how t..."

I thought the exact same thing! Haha, we are so suspicious :P

Nikki | 2416 comments Lol I kind of thank god I don't have my own grandma around now lol I might have suspected her.

Nikki | 2416 comments I'm up to after he goes to the meeting and begins telling his grandma what's happened
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments They make a plan
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments He carries out his plan
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Finished :)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 26%
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Nikki wrote: "I'm up to after he goes to the meeting
(view spoiler)

message 22: by Noella (last edited Apr 28, 2015 12:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 67%
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Finished
(view spoiler)