Proofread This, Baby! discussion

Beta & Proofreading spots open! Romance/Erotica/Dark Romance/YA

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Reign (LaurenReign) | 2 comments To all the free Beta Readers out there, you are awesome, but sometimes free isn't always for the best.
When I was looking for more in-depth comments, someone to pick up on small spelling mistakes or even someone to spot a repetitive word or two, I got ‘looks good!’ and ‘can’t wait to read more’ instead.
While those comments are always nice to hear, it wasn't really what I was looking for. Then I discovered the paid Beta Reader. This is a reader who is more invested in your story, who is paying closer attention to the work you have poured yourself into.

I read 3 to 5 romance novels a week….yes, I’m that girl. My turn around time is fast and I not only comment on the story but I also do my best pick up on mistakes that have been missed even though you have read through your novel five thousand freaking times.

Beta Read Fees
0-10k Words = $20
10k-20k Words = $35
20k-40k Words = $45
40k-Any = $50

Email me if you are interested!
Laurenreignromance@gmail.com

Addictedtoromancenovels.com

Thanks all!

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 2 comments So you are not looking to hire, you are looking to "Be hired"?

At first I thought, finally someone who really wants the whole package. You know, not just a review. I read and review, but there are many I read that, as you noted, still have mistakes that need to be corrected. However, I have no one to report them to and they go unnoticed.

I was hoping you were looking for someone to review and pick up on the mistakes, and pay this time. Would have been really, really nice.

Anyway, liked your post. :)

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Reign (LaurenReign) | 2 comments I go both ways! ;)

I started offering my paid Beta Reading services after I personally saw much better results when I paid someone for their time vs not.

Thanks! :)

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 2 comments I don't mean to be a total airhead, but if I can ask questions I would appreciate it. :)

What is Beta Read? How do you advertise?