Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Non Interracial Book Discussions > Your all time favorite literary characters

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Not just IR, but all of the favorites out of the many books you've read. Tell us why. If possible, link to the book.

message 2: by Paganalexandria (last edited Apr 22, 2015 08:16PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Danielle, you had to ask a hard question! lol Let me think off the top of my head, and sure to added to later...

Lestat, in The Vampire Chronicles Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Anne Rice . I remember reading this series, and him being the first vampire to win my heart, and enforce my fear of the dark.

Mona Mayfair from another Anne Rice classic series The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice Lasher (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #2) by Anne Rice Taltos (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #3) by Anne Rice ... She is this strange mix of innocence, and budding femme fatale. Everything about the journey of the character should repel me, and have me screaming for Anne's head. Instead I'm trapped into wondering what's going to happen next. One of my biggest book disappointments was the planned TV show never materialized.

Scarlett O'hara from Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell . Way before Gordon Gekko told everyone "Greed is good", Margaret Mitchell invented the concept, and sold it to the masses. Scarlett isn't afraid to use every weapon at her disposal, and other people's feelings don't matter. As someone who struggles with people pleasing, I found her selfishness refreshing. This movie, and book began my bad girl love.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Wow, you did a great job, Pagan. Your list is in no way what one might predict.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "Wow, you did a great job, Pagan. Your list is in no way what one might predict."

Thanks Danielle, had to think about it for a second. Much easier to name off current favorites, but "Of All Time" was a stresser. lol

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Thanks for stepping up to the plate first! I'm pondering my list.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Another favorite character is Phèdre nó Delaunay in Phèdre's Trilogy Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey Kushiel's Avatar (Phèdre's Trilogy #3) by Jacqueline Carey Kushiel's Avatar (Phèdre's Trilogy #3) by Jacqueline Carey Kushiel's Chosen (Phèdre's Trilogy, #2) by Jacqueline Carey .The whole concept of being chosen by a god to not only bear the worlds' pain, but to crave it, sometimes to your detriment. I loved how smart, caring, and thrill seeking she was. She was the flip-side of a Scarlett in a way. She knew and used all those tricky feminine wiles to the benefit of many, not just herself.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I read Kushiel's Dart and she is a very intriguing character. I have to tell you, I fell in love with Jocelin so hard. :)

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "I read Kushiel's Dart and she is a very intriguing character. I have to tell you, I fell in love with Jocelin so hard. :)"

Yes Jocelin is a great hero. He was very Alpha, but was so good about letting her just be her.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Yes. (view spoiler)

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "Yes. [spoilers removed]"

They worked so much despite being such polar opposites. And yes that was romantic. I found his sense of honor so beautiful.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: " Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "Yes. [spoilers removed]"

They worked so much despite being such polar opposites. And yes that was romantic. I found his sense of h..."

Totally agree.