Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Movies that would make good IR books

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I'm watching Swordfish and I still love the chemistry between Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. I would love to see a part 2 where their paths cross again. I think this would be a really cool book idea.

What are some movies you've seen that would make good IR books?

message 2: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Danielle I concur. I've seen Swordfish twice and I thought the exact same thing.

Paganalexandria  | 4059 comments Something New obviously, but another great one would be Mission Impossible 2. That might be my favorite interracial movie. It was sexy, a lot of adventure, and complex heroine that isn't a goody-goody.

message 4: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Something New would indeed. Never seen Mission Impossible2 need to check it out.

message 5: by Paganalexandria (last edited Apr 23, 2015 01:52PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4059 comments A-W wrote: "Something New would indeed. Never seen Mission Impossible2 need to check it out."

It stars Tom Cruise and Tandie Newton, they are fire together.

Mission Impossible II Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3KW...
They have these moments that are so sexy, but it has no nudity.

message 6: by A.W. (new)

A.W. That sounds great. I definitely have to watch it. The Bodyguard would be another great one.

Paganalexandria  | 4059 comments A-W wrote: "That sounds great. I definitely have to watch it. The Bodyguard would be another great one."

Yes definitely the Bodyguard.

Paganalexandria  | 4059 comments AW, I think Richonne fans would love 28 Days Later as IR with a zombie twist.

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments Something New was one of my favorite movies as a teenager.

I really liked The Words with Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana. I thought that movie was AMAZING!

message 10: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Megan I agree The Words was very good movie. This one is kinda of old but it would transition well into a good action/thriller novel...Taking the Heat starring Lynn Whitfield and Tony Goldwyn.

message 11: by Flip (new)

Flip (flipmode) | 126 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** I agree with you on 28 Days later that would be awesome and epic

message 12: by Mel (new)

Mel | 53 comments Boy Eats Girl. It's this Irish horror movie I saw on Chiller, it's not the best film but the romance aspect of it was cute and I always thought that it would make a good YA book.

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments I would love to see My Last Day Without You as a book. It would give the reader a chance to learn explore more of Niklas and Leticia's relationship and possibly let us know what happened after the gig.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Apr 24, 2015 06:21PM) (new)

Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Something New obviously, but another great one would be Mission Impossible 2. That might be my favorite interracial movie. It was sexy, a lot of adventure, and complex heroine that isn't a goody-go..."

I love MI-2, but I admit I liked her chemistry with Sean more, at least until he dumped her after she infected herself. I know, I'm a bit twisted. :)

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Ninja Assassin, most definitely. Well, a Ninja Assassin and an Interpol agent. I love BWAM, So yes, I'm all over it!

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Kim wrote: "I would love to see My Last Day Without You as a book. It would give the reader a chance to learn explore more of Niklas and Leticia's relationship and possibly let us know what happened after the ..."

I'm not familiar with this movie. Who is in it?

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

The Secret Laughter of Women was a really sweet movie. I would love a book along these lines.

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I think that Skyfall has some elements I would love in an IR book. The hardened spy on a mission with his coworker who has her own way of doing things. I thought Daniel Craig and Naomie Harris had great chemistry.

message 19: by Mel (new)

Mel | 53 comments Romeo Must Die, it's an old movie but I think would be a good book.

message 20: by Deviki (new)

Deviki Kim wrote: "I would love to see My Last Day Without You as a book. It would give the reader a chance to learn explore more of Niklas and Leticia's relationship and possibly let us know what happened after the ..."

HAH yeah I would love to read what happens to that lovely couple.....although the movie was really good but it kinda ended with me wanting more out of the cute couple :P

message 21: by Deviki (new)

Deviki Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "AW, I think Richonne fans would love 28 Days Later as IR with a zombie twist."

Yep i love that movie

message 22: by Mstcat (new)

Mstcat | 1261 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Something New obviously, but another great one would be Mission Impossible 2. That might be my favorite interracial movie. It was sexy, a lot of adventure, and complex heroine that isn't a goody-go..."

Ha! I just now read this comment. I've always loved the IR romance in Mission Impossible 2! It was incredibly sexy and the chemistry was off the charts! Thandie Newton's character was a great character who was parts sly and vulnerable. Loved it!!

message 23: by Mstcat (new)

Mstcat | 1261 comments Mel wrote: "Romeo Must Die, it's an old movie but I think would be a good book."

Agreed!

Paganalexandria  | 4059 comments Mstcat wrote: "Ha! I just now read this comment. I've always loved the IR romance in Mission Impossible 2! It was incredibly sexy and the chemistry was off the charts! Thandie Newton's character was a great character who was parts sly and vulnerable. Loved it!!"

Mstcat, part of the reason I had no interest in 3 was his character being married to another woman. Didn't like that at all, in my head Nyah was Ethan's soul mate. lol

message 25: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly  | 67 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Mstcat wrote: "Ha! I just now read this comment. I've always loved the IR romance in Mission Impossible 2! It was incredibly sexy and the chemistry was off the charts! Thandie Newton's character wa..."

Here! Here! And thanks for summing up why the other M I movies just didn't work for me.

message 26: by Kelvin (new)

Kelvin Reed (kelvinlreed) | 44 comments Mel wrote: "Romeo Must Die, it's an old movie but I think would be a good book."

I liked "Romeo Must Die" myself. It's interesting that a scene in which Jet Li and Aaliyah kiss was actually cut out of the movie because an "urban" focus group didn't like it.

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments A Bronx Tale! I loved that movie since a kid. Historical IRR=love!

message 28: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6601 comments Mod
Megan wrote: "A Bronx Tale! I loved that movie since a kid. Historical IRR=love!"

A Bronx Tale was a good movie.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments Does anyone remember the film Zebrahead with Michael Rappaport and N'bushe Wright(who also kicked ass in Blade and needs to be in more films because she's awesome)? I think it would make a great NA book.

message 30: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments TheFountainPenDiva wrote: Does anyone remember the film Zebrahead with Michael Rappaport and N'bushe Wright(who also kicked ass in Blade and needs to be in more films because she's awesome)? I think it would make a great NA book

Yes, I remember this movie. It was an introduction to both lead actors for me. The only other movies I've seen N'bushe Wright in are Dead Presidents with Lorenz Tate and Blade, as you already mentioned. She's really talented I hope to see her in more films.

message 31: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments TheFountainPenDiva wrote: "Does anyone remember the film Zebrahead with Michael Rappaport and N'bushe Wright(who also kicked ass in Blade and needs to be in more films because she's awesome)? I think it would make a great NA..."

That's back when Netflix had good stuff.