SE Reading Buffs 2015 discussion

How to be bad

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 3 comments How to be bad is a novel about three teenage girls driving across the state of Florida. They learn the true meaning of friendship and fun on the road. Each chapter is different perspectives of each character.

They are all trying to avoid work in the waffle house and leave their life behind Niceville, Florida for a while.

Mel
The shy, new rich girl in town. She is unsure of herself and has never had true friends in her life.
Vicks
The rebellious one. She is crazy in love with her boyfriend but has no clue what to do after he leaves to college in Miami.
Jesse
The uptight religious girl. She has problems at home with her mom and she is not taking a liking into the new girl Mel.

This book is something to read when you're bored and need something fun. It has a lot of little stories in each chapter about the girls lives. It wasn't the best book but I didn't dislike it either. The characters didn't really flow well and should have developed more.I would definitely say this is a book that normally middle school girls would read.
I would recommend this book if you have nothing to do in your spare time. It's not bad, it's just not worth the read if you're expecting a lot from this book. This book has travel in it but only in the state of Florida. It was a fun read but nothing special happened and that disappointed me in the end.

message 2: by Brianna Hull (new)

Brianna Hull | 3 comments I found this book kind of interesting. It doesn't seem like something I would read. I do agree with the fact that you say that middle school girls should read this. This does seem like something I would have read in my middle school days. I would like to know more about the plot though. Was there any real action? Or overall, was it just the basic plot set up?

message 3: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Castaneda | 4 comments I like your review because it is a very girly book. I agree with you saying it is for middle schoolers too. It's similar to a book I once read in middle school. But I was wondering about the plot and the problems the girls experience. Maybe you could add a little more detail about it. But overall it seems like a very interesting book.