Kay you can chat here!

message 2: by X (new)

X (cylxin) Hi!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yello.

message 4: by X (new)

X (cylxin) So... What's up?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I'm writing a story currently (it's in the creative writing section of my profile) and I want to know if it's any good.

message 6: by Kay (new)

Kay Cool

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. I'm on chapter 9 right now.

message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm wondering if you guys can help me. Im thinking of starting a book, and I need your opinions on my idea. here is the info….

Main Character Name: Charlotte Baster + Brody Keel

Time period: future

Genre: Fiction/Romance

Year: 27,004

Takes Place: In future USA; USA is split into two areas that cannot (or must not) unite or there will be war: Lithia and Gera. Whole "continent" is known as Ethernia (like eternity).

Origins: Charlotte is from Lithia, Brody is from Gera

Charlotte: rich girl, good education, works as a fashion designer w/ mom

Brody: not poor but not rich, works as a writer for a newspaper and an author

How they met: they were at the border when they saw each other. It was love at first sight. Brody found out about Charlotte and he figured out where she lived. Charlotte was surprised when Brody came to her store. From then on, they met in secret.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Do something like Matched.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm, I was thinking like that. This will be in the future, so resources are preserved, and you can only have a portion of food. I GOT IT!!!! Whenever it is breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a bell rings and the citizens must go to "eating halls" to receive their proportion of food. Thanks Ravenleaf! :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ember?

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo (jowashere__) | 8 comments so what do you think is the best genre for writing?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Joan wrote: "so what do you think is the best genre for writing?"

I think that paranormal is a great genre of writing- sorta like what I am doing- but what ever ideas you have are good sources of inspiration. If you want, you can message me.

message 15: by X (new)

X (cylxin) Hi

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi

message 17: by X (new)

X (cylxin) :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Sup

message 19: by X (new)

X (cylxin) - -

message 20: by Kay (new)

Kay ...

message 21: by Kay (new)

Kay :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello.

Honestly i tried to do a book once when i was 9 and i just flopped with the grammer. I think i also tried to make like five other books while i had not even finished the first one. *facepalm*

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I am working on a book, its in the Creative Writing.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello!!

message 25: by Jo (new)

Jo (jowashere__) | 8 comments hi.

lol @ bethany

message 26: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (bvon) Is there any way to change the group name? Because writing is spelled wrong. (wrighting) Unless that was on purpose?

message 27: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (bvon) ???

message 28: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (bvon) Also, Joan, you can use one of the pictures I put the links to in the Creative Writing Ideas for this group as well, if you'd like.

message 29: by Jo (new)

Jo (jowashere__) | 8 comments ceili is head mod.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I love writing. I'm too addicted to my stories, characters, songs.

message 31: by Kay (new)

Kay Cool, I love to write but if I had to chose between writing and reading I wood chose reading.

message 32: by TessaMarie (new)

TessaMarie Beard Hey all I just joined this Group. How's it going

message 33: by Jo (new)

Jo (jowashere__) | 8 comments good

message 34: by TessaMarie (new)

TessaMarie Beard So I Need your help.

So this book I am writing was always going to be about a Girl named Mya, pretty much following her as she grows up. Now the book was going to include Little flashbacks to her fathers life, told through letters that he wrote, though he is already dead. But, recently I had the idea that instead of telling the Father's Story through letters, what if I made the whole book in his Point of few,as he watches his daughters life unseen as a type of ghost and then we would flashback in his Point of view. I don't know, what do you guys think. What idea to you like the best.

message 35: by Jo (new)

Jo (jowashere__) | 8 comments Have you ever read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak? I think you should do it the way that is set up, where you are following the girl's life but from another person's point of view, so that it looks like 3rd person while the story is being told, but it is actually first person, and occasionally includes the thoughts of the storyteller.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Book Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Markus Zusak (other topics)