Children of the Exalted Secret (A Fantasy Roleplay) discussion

Selsina > Market

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GC (new)

GC (greycacophony) | 535 comments Mod

A busy marketplace with nearly anything you could want.

message 2: by GC (new)

If Ilfuin was being entirely honest with himself, he didn't really like going to the market. It was crowded and loud, but he was desperate to get out and do something other than sleep. Still, the welcome weight of Naga's hand in his grounded him and made his heart feel warm.

message 3: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga looked up when hus name was called, seeing a woman wave at him from a fruit stand. "Naga!" She called, and Naga gently pulled Ilfuin with him, smiling at the woman. She was an elf, and seemed to be in her late 20's.

"Hi Mrs. Li, how are you?" Naga asked her.

"Oh I'm doing great! Who is this young man with you?" She asked.

Naga looked down at Ilfuin and grinned, squeezing his hand, "This is Ilfuin, he's very special to me." He said with a gentle tone.

message 4: by GC (new)

It was a bit of a forward thing to say, outright announcing that Ilfuin was special to him, but Naga's words made his stomach swoop and his heart give a stutter. He was embarrassed, but in a good way. Ilfuin blushed and held out a hand to the woman. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Mrs. Li nodded, and smiled brightly at Ilfuin as she shook his hand. "Ah, alright! Any friend of Naga's is welcome!" She said.

Naga looked down at Ilfuin and chuckled at his blush. He loved the way Ilfuin blushed, he looked too cute.

message 6: by GC (new)

The enthusiasm of Mrs. Li overwhelmed him for a moment and he couldn't help but nervously smile. Ilfuin stuttered a bit, flustered at the attention from both of them before turning to Naga and mumbling, "So what are we making for dinner?" He himself wasn't the best of cooks. When he turned to look at Naga, he noticed him laughing. "What? What's so funny?"

message 7: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga grinned, "The way you blush. It's adorable," he purred as he leaned close to his face. He was trying to make him blush even more, and judging by his position, he was prettt sure he would. He suddenly kissed Ilfuin's cheek, and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

message 8: by GC (new)

Ilfuin sputtered, his face bright red. He looked worriedly from Naga to Mrs. Li, wary of her reaction. When Naga kissed him, he fumed and pouted, wishing he had enough juice to give him a little shock. He squirmed under his arm. "I'm not adorable!" He insisted.

message 9: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Mrs. Li giggled at the two, and grabbed a few apples, putting them in a bag before handing them to Naga, "Here, these are for you two."

Naga gently took the bag, smiling at Mrs. Li, "Thank you so much, I can make an apple pie with these," he said, looking down at Ilfuin as he squirmed, "You're right, you're beautiful."

message 10: by GC (new)

Ilfuin squeaked out a thank you to Mrs. Li before covering his burning face with his hands. He then proceeded to hide his covered face in Naga's chest, muttering incomprehensible complaints while he tried to recover his reeling mind. Beautiful? Naga of all people was calling him beautiful? That was it, he would never recover. Naga had broken him.

message 11: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga held Ilfuin close, stroking his hair, "Sorry, I just...I love you..." He whispered, kissing his head softly. He sighed, then swayed a bit with his arms around Ilfuin's waist. He loved him so much.

message 12: by GC (new)

Ilfuin just squeaked again,his muttering higher in pitch now as he shook his head against Naga's chest. It wasn't that he was against PDA, but it was just very overwhelming to him. He got embarrassed very easily, even though he usually didn't care what people thought of him .He did, however, care about what people thought of him and Naga. After all, they weren't the most conventional couple.

message 13: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga smiled softly, his arms engulfing him. "Hey Ilfuin?" He asked suddenly, "What do you think of apple pie?" He was a bit curious, hoping the other liked it so he wouldn't have to let the apples sit on the table.

message 14: by GC (new)

Ilfuin mumbled some more before popping his head up from behind his hands, his ruffled hair making him look like a disgruntled owl. "I've never had it..." He said, voice thoughtful.

message 15: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga gently fixed Ilfuin's hair, then grinned, "Then I'll make some tonight when we make dinner, okay?" He kissed him softly before pulling away before gently pulling him along, "So, do you want any specific kind of dish for dinner?"

message 16: by GC (new)

Ilfuin shrugged, not really knowing his options. He usually just fixed whatever was around the house or went hunting when needed a meal. No one had really taught him to cook, so he usually just scrounged whenever he was hungry. It explained part of why he was scrawny, even for an elf. He linked his fingers with Naga's, nudging him. "I'm okay with whatever you want.

message 17: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga shrugged, thinking for a moment, "We could cook the deer meat over a fire outside, maybe eat out there too. And we can look at the stars, and drink tea," he smiled as he thought about it, thinking it would be just like a date.

((Brb in about 4-5 hours, have to go to a volunteer thingy))

message 18: by GC (new)

Ilfuin nodded. "Sounds good." He replied, imagining himself and Naga under the stars. He grinned at the image, squeezing his hand. He was so excited about how eager Naga was to take him on dates. It was really cute.

message 19: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga smiled at Ilfuin's reaction, and squeezed his hand back. He walked through the market, before stopping at a small stand. He grinned, and looked at the different herbs and spices. There were so many!

message 20: by GC (new)

Ilfuin stared at all of the spices. This part he was familiar with. He thought of how deer taasted normally, without any of the fancy preparation Naga was going through. "Paprika, oregano, thyme, red and black pepper, and garlic?" He asked, throwing out the idea. "It'll be kind of spicy, but not too much." He probably could be a good cook if he cared to put any effort into his food. However, most of his herbs were reserved for potion making, so he didn't use them frivolously. This was a mixture he had picked up from some human nomads on the outskirts of the Rodesk Peaks.

message 21: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga nodded, "Sounds good," he said, then talked to the stand owner before paying him for small bundles of the spices amd herbs. It was a bit costly, but it would be worth it. He grabbed the herbs and put them in the bag with the apples.

message 22: by GC (new)

While Naga payed, Ilfuin looked around the marketplace some more, slowly finding himself wandering closer and closer to a stand that was covered in books. He ran his hand over the leather spines. The stall smelled like musty paper and ink, and he took a deep breath, a pleased sigh escaping. If there was one thing he loved more than anything else in the world, it was books. The merchant, a woman with orange hair like a bottlebrush, saw him take interest and smiled up at him from her sweeping. "Feel free to crack any of those open, dear." Ilfuin nodded excitedly and opened a thick tome on what appeared to be on experimental cures for magical diseases and curses.

message 23: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga noticed Ilfuin wasn't beside him after he payed for the herbs, then looked around before spotting Ilfuin at another stand. He went over, gently putting a hand on the small of his back. "What're you reading about?" He asked.

message 24: by GC (new)

Ilfuin was startled out of his concentration by Naga, but smiled when he saw him. "Experimental cures for curses and magical diseases. It's kind of disgusting, but also really interesting." He always talked with his hands when he got more excited, and his finger was stuck in the now closed book to keep his place. He turned to the woman. "Could I ask you to keep this for me until I can come back to buy it?" The woman nodded, a knowing grin on her face. Ilfuin smiled even wider and put the book back with the others, turning to Naga. "Okay, what do we need next?"

message 25: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments "One more thing," Naga said, smiling a bit before walking over to the stand, "How much for the book, ma'am?" He asked, reaching back and gently ruffling Ilfuin's hair. He honestly didn't mind buying the book for Ilfuin at all. In fact, he wanted to.

message 26: by GC (new)

Ilfuin ducked his head, a look of something akin to guilt on his face. "No, seriously, I can deal with you buying food and stuff, but you really don't need to." His face was bright red and he gnawed on his lower lip, something fluttering in his stomach. He didn't want Naga to spend money on him, it wasn't necessary. The woman seemed to sense this. "If you want it, deary, it's yours." She said, throwing a wink Naga's way. "I know when a book is in good hands, I think I can trust you to take care of that one." Ilfuin smiled shyly as she handed the book back to him. "Thank you so much." He said, face still red.

message 27: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga wrapped his arms around Ilfuin, sighing softly, "Ilfuin, you know I'd love to give you the world..." He kissed him softly when he leaned down, "Because I love you..." His voice was just barely above a whisper, and he ran his fingers through Ilfuin's hair.

message 28: by GC (new)

Ilfuin shuddered, Naga's words striking him to the core. He nodded, unable to trust his voice to work. His knees felt weak, and he could barely breathe. His eyes slid closed at the touch of Naga's hands in his hair. The woman at the stand chuckled and just continued sweeping. Ilfuin cleared his throat. "I love you too, Naga." He opened his eyes. "We should hurry up so we can get back to yours." Where they could kiss in private, Ilfuin thought, his heart racing at the prospect.

message 29: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga chuckled and nodded, pulling away before taking Ilfuin's hand and gently pulling him along as he carried the bags in one hand. He hummed a bit as he walked, a tune his mother would play on the bamboo flute she had left for Naga. He treasured that flute with every part of his being, and he sighed as he thought about it.

message 30: by GC (new)

Ilfuin smiled and listened, humming along in harmony once he got the gist of the tune. He swung their hands between them, the other hand clutching his new book to his chest, relishing the feeling of the sun on his face. He leaned his head on Naga's shoulder as they walked.

message 31: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga smiled at Ilfuin, then suddenly picked him up bridal style, spinning around with a laugh before he started to walk again with Ilfuin in his arms. He held him close, his arms engulfing him as he had a smile on his face. He seemed happy, which he was. He was getting to spend time with Ilfuin!

message 32: by GC (new)

"Hey!" Ilfuin shouted, clinging to Naga and squirming in his grip. People were starting to look at them, and he grew silent, ducking his head and blushing. He set his head on Naga's chest, hiding behind his hair.

message 33: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Naga carried Ilfuin back to house easily, setting him down once they were in front of his house. He looked down at him and his gaze softened as he gently brushed his hair from his face, "Hey Ilfuin?" He asked quietly. He had been wanting to ask Ilfuin something, something he had been wanting to be reassured about.

message 34: by GC (new)

((should we do this back at the house?))

message 35: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments ((Yeah, sure.))