What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > highland romance woman who is being forced to marry this laird by her father but she doesnt want to. She then runs away to a nunnery but on the way there, she encounters the laird

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nana (new)

Nana | 5 comments This book is about highland romance. Its about a woman who is being forced to marry this laird by her father but she doesnt want to. She then runs away to a nunnery but on the way there, she encounters the laird that she was running away from marrying. That is as much as I can remember because I didnt finish the whole book. If anyone can help I will be grateful.

message 2: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 113 comments Nana wrote: "This book is about highland romance. Its about a woman who is being forced to marry this laird by her father but she doesnt want to. She then runs away to a nunnery but on the way there, she encoun..."

Possibly Lynsay Sands' The Chase (Deed, #3) by Lynsay Sands

message 3: by Nana (new)

Nana | 5 comments No, I have read the chase, its not it. Thank you.

message 4: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 113 comments Nana wrote: "No, I have read the chase, its not it. Thank you."

Yiu're welcome, good luck with your search :)

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
The Highlander's Sword by Amanda Forester?

Nana, around what year did you read this book?

Was she always planning to be a nun?

Can you tell us more about how they meet?

message 6: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments Nana, did the woman have children already from a former husband she had loved? I have a memory tickling at my brain of a great novel, but the woman ends up taking her young son to a nunnery with her to hide from the forced marriage, and she had other children she sent different places as she couldn't take care of them with no access to her own money.

message 7: by Nana (new)

Nana | 5 comments Kris wrote: "The Highlander's Sword by Amanda Forester?

Nana, around what year did you read this book?

Was she always planning to be a nun?

Can you tell us more about how they..."

I think it was 2 years ago. No, she wasnt planning to be a nun,she was on her way to the nunnery whilst the laird was om his was to marry her and they met somehow before either got to their destination.

message 8: by Nana (new)

Nana | 5 comments Hillary wrote: "Nana, did the woman have children already from a former husband she had loved? I have a memory tickling at my brain of a great novel, but the woman ends up taking her young son to a nunnery with he..."
No she didnt have any children

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39846 comments Mod
Nana, since everyone here is looking for a forgotten book, you will help searchers by adding genre and plot details to your header - as much as will fit.

message 10: by Nana (new)

Nana | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Nana, since everyone here is looking for a forgotten book, you will help searchers by adding genre and plot details to your header - as much as will fit."

Ohky. Thanks

message 11: by Apple (new)

Apple R | 3 comments The Mercenary's Bride

I think this is the one you're looking for. Copied from one of the reviews:

Lady Gillian flees Thaxted and the control of her hateful half-brother, Oremund; It is her intention to seek sanctuary at a nearby convent. Unfortunately, while traveling alone, she encounters Brice and his force of Norman knights. At first Gillian is not aware that Giles is the Norman who has been given, not only her lands, but also her person. When he doesn't accept her story of being a maid traveling to the convent on business for her mistress, she is terrified that he and his men intend to use her for their pleasure.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Nana, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Nana, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.