What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Prince/sheik romance; arranged marrIage with unrequited love; possible HQN

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lmw (new)

Lmw | 7 comments I read this ebok some years ago; it may have been a HQN or similar. Story: a modern-day arranged marriage between two 'kingdoms.' Hero is a prince/sheik or similar ruling heir; heroine is a princess or of royal blood also, and form another kingdom. They met once when heroine was a teen/tween; no real contact since. She fell instantly in love when she met him and thought he had as well, but of course he hadn't. He despises the whole thing - it's financial or political in some manner, and he believes his country's getting the short end of the arrangement. There are at least two siblings (a brother and sister) around that feel likewise. She comes in all friendly and starry-eyed, and they all treat her pretty badly. It ends with H eventually realizing her true intentions and falling for her- the typical HEA. I looked through what seems like dozens of Susan Mallory books, but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks

message 2: by Lmw (new)

Lmw | 7 comments Bump

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Lmw, around what year did you read this book?

Can you describe the hero - personality, job/education, etc.?
What about the heroine?

message 4: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments Any luck with these lists?

Sheikh Romances
Great Sheikh Romances

message 5: by Lmw (new)

Lmw | 7 comments Kris- It was probably at least 5 years ago, maybe more. I think I read it on my old color nook, about a year after that nook came out. But I've had an ereader
of some sort (that old heavy rocket ebook reader!) for over 15 years, so it could be earlier.

Liralen -I'll check out those lists. Thanks!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Lmw, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Lmw, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.