Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Fiction vs non-fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Jr | 16 comments I'm curious as to what is more popular these days, so I ask, what is your preference? Fiction or non-fiction?

I prefer fiction, but will not turn down a good nonfiction book.

message 2: by Jim (last edited Apr 24, 2015 08:09AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 210 comments I prefer both; however, using the current inventory of the books on my shelves as an indicator, I tend to read more fiction than non-fiction.
Non-fiction - 33 books.
Fiction - 77 books.

message 3: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Jr | 16 comments Yeah, my thought is that most prefer fiction overall.

message 4: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (iscm13) | 10 comments i prefer fiction as well. most of the reason for me to read so much is to escape life and i feel like Fiction does that for me. Non-Fiction would educate me for sure - but i think that's not the end game for me at least.

message 5: by Jim (last edited Apr 27, 2015 11:15AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 210 comments Those expressing their opinion on this thread regarding fiction versus non-fiction may find one of my past blog posts to be of interest. If curious, please check it out. Comments, opinions, or questions are welcome and appreciated.
Title: Non-Fiction is Sometimes Pure Fiction. Posted Dec. 3, 2014.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 6: by Nicholas (last edited Apr 28, 2015 10:10AM) (new)

Nicholas Jr | 16 comments Thanks for posting, Jim. I'll be sure to check it out.

Ilana, that is a good point about escaping with fiction. I think that holds true for many of us.

message 7: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn | 1 comments I lean towards fiction first. I find I'm much more picky with non-fiction and have to be really enthralled by the subject matter in order for it to hold my attention. Like Ilana, I love the escape of a fictional story.

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments I would say Fiction is definitely more popular by a landslide. Though there are a good share of non-fictional books that hit the market and become best-sellers and what not.

I personally like reading Fictional books although if I come across an appealing non-fictional book I will read it as well.