This topic is about Crux
Nexus > Crux Chapters 41-60

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Crux chapters 41-60

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
The chapter with Bobby where they are trying to trick him into purging the Nexus from his body and torturing him for not obeying was really hard to listen to.

There is very little of the plot to comment on. I think all the interesting discussions are surgery technical or philosophical in nature.

I'm not sure how much I'm up for that.

message 3: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Yeah.

Somethings going on with this tropical storm. There have been too many mentions of it so far for it to be some random background event. The heat is rising, there is a tropical storm headed for the US, coral is dying.

I am way behind since I carpooled this week and didnt want to subject my coworker to the audio book :) Should finish up this weekend.

Rob, how are you liking the narrator?

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Good, considering he's not Luke Daniels. :-P

message 5: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments haha yeah I think he's pretty good. The audio was on for a minute while i was commuting with my coworker - he asked me if all audio books were narrated by the same guy (he heard me listening to a few luke daniel narrations in the past) :P

Dara (cmdrdara) I don't remember anything about a tropical storm. I think I might be confused when I start Apex next week. I've forgotten a lot about the first two books. :-/

message 7: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hmm. Sounds like it Dara.

message 8: by Lindsay (last edited May 19, 2015 08:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay | 545 comments Dara wrote: "I don't remember anything about a tropical storm. I think I might be confused when I start Apex next week. I've forgotten a lot about the first two books. :-/"

It's obviously a long time later for you Dara, but the "tropical storm" is Hurricane Zoe in the book and is the only reason that Holtzmann is able to break the autistic kids and Rangan out of ERD HQ. (It's on skeleton staff and the response teams can't get to them quickly enough because of the weather conditions).

Dara (cmdrdara) Lindsay wrote: "Dara wrote: "I don't remember anything about a tropical storm. I think I might be confused when I start Apex next week. I've forgotten a lot about the first two books. :-/"

It's obviously a long t..."

Oh yeah! Thanks, Lindsay!